Ndjoli and Tshibola

Pedro'sBrither

Inb4 'Tshibola gets soo much uncalled for stick' despite the fact he creates nothing, gives away fouls constantly, loses the ball through dilly-dallying. Apparently winning a couple of tackles and making a few basic passes is good enough. Personally I can't stand watching him strut about while power and dicker give their everything every match 

Njodli is still young and playing as a lone striker is beyond his current capabilities. Given that and the obvious unavailability of other strikers I thought SSC might have started with him and Miller and sacrificed Tshibola in midfield. 

He didn’t and it wasn’t working with Njoldi up there on his own so I thought SSC should have had Miller on earlier. 

Edited by historyman

9 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Inb4 'Tshibola gets soo much uncalled for stick' despite the fact he creates nothing, gives away fouls constantly, loses the ball through dilly-dallying. Apparently winning a couple of tackles and making a few basic passes is good enough. Personally I can't stand watching him strut about while power and dicker give their everything every match 

I think that’s part of the issue around Tshibola. If you’re comparing him to two players who could make the SPL team of the season (esp Power) he’s always going to come up well short. I get frustrated with him too, but sometimes he’s doing a number of small things well. The best argument for him being in the team at the moment is that SSC sees the value in it and he knows more about football than all of us.

11 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Find it baffling , we are on a fantastic consistent positive run , one of the best periods in our history .......and one or 2 posters resort to name calling players picked by one of the best Managers we have had....and using ridiculous terms like embarrassing ......

way OTT 

You his dad?

In all seriousness we all know Clarke has done wonders for us but it doesn't mean he is immune to mistakes either. 

Edited by Pedro'sBrither

I think Tshibola probably does a lot of things that I don’t notice, but that Clarke really values given that he has proper football knowledge. But we surely need so much more from him. I can’t remember the last time he did anything of any real consequence in a game. When you’ve got Power and Dicker playing out of their skins doing the unfashionable side of the game, we need another midfielder in there who is going to give us some creativity and a goal threat. Sad to say it but at the moment Tshibola is giving us neither. Phenomenal as we have been under Clarke, the lack of goals from centre midfield puts so much pressure on our attackers.

Ndjoli isn't gd enough to be playing the lone striker role. He really struggled, how many s**ts did the lad even have? Tish seems to have potential and shows it at times but he isn't consistent and how passing and first touch is terrible. Hopefully both get dropped for next game, get Mulumbu and Brophy on. 

IMO the pair are easy targets for some. I didn’t think Tshibola was bad last night. He didn’t create anything seems a common opinion. Well he’s not a creative midfielder so why are we judging him on that. In terms of Ndjoli that was a thankless task. Up against three CBs on his own with no space in the channels because the fullback were dropping in. Yes his first touch was poor but some of the service he got was horrific. I’d ont think we got the best out of him. For me he should have been on the shoulder of the CBs all night and looking to get him in behind rather than challenging. On the occasions when he did get to stretch his legs the Hearts defence was worried.

Feel Hearts caught us at just the right time last night, weakened squad(Ndjoli as lone striker was never going to work against Souttar/Berra)...... McLean and his assistants were poor...... only attacking option on bench was Millar (who looked decent, but SSC should have freshened it earlier)...... Hearts 'old manned' us and, imho, deserved to win....... hopefully once our new signings bed in we will get going again :)  P.S. am not a fan of Tish BUT thought he was better than he usually is last night. 

Power was immense in the middle.  Dicker was immense supporting the defence.  Tshibola, who was supposed to be supporting Ndjoli, wasn’t and the link between midfield and attack was again lacking.  I thought ndjoli did ok in the air v the big lumps and held the ball up well on occasion but the lad isn’t very composed yet and his first touch can be awful.  Saw more from Miller in the short time he was on the park.  

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Tish was in the top three Killie players last night, just behind power and burke

I thought Tshibola looked decent once he became irritated by Hearts antics. Seemed to be the case when he bossed Mulumbu too. Perhaps that’s the key to getting the best out of him. He’s maybe just one of those guys that play better angry. Someone should maybe take him aside and say our opponents key man has been saying disrespectful stuff about his mum. Or deep heat in his boxers might fire him up. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

IMO the pair are easy targets for some. I didn’t think Tshibola was bad last night. He didn’t create anything seems a common opinion. Well he’s not a creative midfielder so why are we judging him on that. In terms of Ndjoli that was a thankless task. Up against three CBs on his own with no space in the channels because the fullback were dropping in. Yes his first touch was poor but some of the service he got was horrific. I’d ont think we got the best out of him. For me he should have been on the shoulder of the CBs all night and looking to get him in behind rather than challenging. On the occasions when he did get to stretch his legs the Hearts defence was worried.

Spot on. 

I’m becoming concerned their skin colour is... if not an issue...an easy/lazy way to identify them and focus on their mistakes/performance. Before anyone jumps on their high horse, im not suggesting overt racism, but there have been equally bad performances from  other players that don’t draw the same criticism. You have to wonder if it’s because they stand out more. Sort of similar to ye olde days, when everyone wore black boots and the sentiment “you better be able to play if you’re wearing fancy coloured boots” was the mood of the time. 

Lights fuse and retreats to a safe distance.

Edited by Zorro

8 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Spot on. 

I’m becoming concerned their skin colour is... if not an issue...an easy/lazy way to focus on their mistakes/performance. Before anyone jumps on their high horse, im not suggesting overt racism, but there have been equally bad performances from   other players that don’t draw the same criticism. You have to wonder if it’s because they stand out more. Sort of similar to ye olde days, when everyone wore black boots and the sentiment “you better be able to play if you’re wearing fancy coloured boots” was the mood of the time. 

Lights fuse and retreats to a safe distance.

You've lit the fuse all right. For what it's worth I agree with you-  certainly in the case of Tshibola & some of the constant (non-racial but relentless) reaction he seems to provoke in some.