Dee away, Fred

CB

In comparison to Swandive Defoe’s last weekend it won’t be one for the uncompliant officer to consider so we might as well move on. Bullet dodged at the end and would have been a tough one for squad to take. We need to be more aggressive in our defending on Saturday though (Dicker aside!!) as the huhns will come down with savagery aplenty!

17 minutes ago, c_u_jimmy said:

Why do we always manage to get loads of people round the ball when we are defending but never manage to clear it.

My theory on this - it's to do with the rigid shape. They are drilled to stay in position constantly, which is why we are generally so solid. But there have been moments where three or four players stay in position and no-one moves to the threat. Doesn't happen often, but there have been a few of those goals against this year.A touch of that with the Hearts goal last Friday where Clare suddenly found a huge pocket of space. I think it's just a concentration/quality of the players thing that needs pressed home in training.

Just now, Jamsie said:

Seen this on P&B, clear penalty. 

I thought it was a pen at the time even from the other end of the pitch. It's too easy at the moment to jump on the referees at every incident, regardless how insignificant or otherwise. Let's stick to the football and leave the 2 cheeks to the hysteria. 

IMG_0253.JPG

ETA.. not that we shouldn't highlight the inconsistencies! 

In the first half,  Dundee every chance they got  ran with the ball at our defence, We really found it hard to stop them. McIntyre said Clarke tweaked his formation and Dundee could not get the ball. I can't work out the positional change , I just thought Dundee were trying to hold onto the score. What tactical change do people think caused the difference ?

47 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

In the first half,  Dundee every chance they got  ran with the ball at our defence, We really found it hard to stop them. McIntyre said Clarke tweaked his formation and Dundee could not get the ball. I can't work out the positional change , I just thought Dundee were trying to hold onto the score. What tactical change do people think caused the difference ?

First thing I noticed in the second half Power was the most advanced of the midfield three and offered more urgency in the press than Tish had. When Tish went off power dropped back. Where the middle three were tight and compact before Mulumbu was moving into space and stretching the game. Not sure if that’s what McIntyre was referring to though. 

11 hours ago, piffer said:

First thing I noticed in the second half Power was the most advanced of the midfield three and offered more urgency in the press than Tish had. When Tish went off power dropped back. Where the middle three were tight and compact before Mulumbu was moving into space and stretching the game. Not sure if that’s what McIntyre was referring to though. 

Spot on.