Morelos

I think we can all be certain that the SFA's "Compliance Officer" will fast-track the f**king ugly toad-faced monstrosity's successful appeal in time for him to face us.

The twat could have been booked four times before he was actually sent off but Brother Bobby knew his orders. Then when he gets red carded for stamping on somebody's balls that weasel Andy Walker says he was "unlucky" which means the bandwagon for the successful appeal is already in full flow

8 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

It was for violent conduct so an automatic 2 game ban starting immediately.

They will appeal to allow him to play on Saturday.

Don't be surprised if the fast track panel are otherwise engaged tomorrow and Friday though.

It was a definite red so I expect that technical difficulties will determine that the panel convenes after the cup game. 

9 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I think we can all be certain that the SFA's "Compliance Officer" will fast-track the f**king ugly toad-faced monstrosity's successful appeal in time for him to face us.

I expect *anger* to lodge their appeal just before close of business on Friday. There will be no time to have a hearing so he will be allowed to play pending the appeal.

7 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

It was a definite red so I expect that technical difficulties will determine that the panel convenes after the cup game. 

This season, there is no such thing as a definite red by a SevCo player. if there was the vermin's whole squad would be suspended by now

6 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Who gives a f**k.

If the guy has been red-carded rightly and the SevCo cheats conspire with the SFA cheats to ensure he plays against us on Saturday, I fkn care.

If we'd had a key player sent off tonight you can be sure our guy would be banned on Saturday

16 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

If the guy has been red-carded rightly and the SevCo cheats conspire with the SFA cheats to ensure he plays against us on Saturday, I fkn care.

If we'd had a key player sent off tonight you can be sure our guy would be banned on Saturday

I’m pretty sure we appealed a ban earlier in the season so a player was available for a game. Can’t remember who or when. JJ? 

Just now, Bobby14 said:

I’m pretty sure we appealed a ban earlier in the season so a player was available for a game. Can’t remember who or when. JJ? 

I agree that we did do that. I don't think  they will need to appeal. I think the SFA will find a way to clear Morelos before the weekend.

Even Morelos wont get off with this one but McGregor's kick out at Ajer was every bit as bad. When he got off with that I knew that the natural order of things had been reinstated at the national bodies. And despite all that help they still wont win the league. Hopefully we can dump them out the cup though but i expect them to get every decision in their favour.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The issue is he'll get off with it (for the umpteenth time), our players didn't/don/t.

Same with McGregor, should have been off last night, do you think he'll be cited for it? I'll give you two guessed.

The SPFL and the mystery panel must really regret revisiting incidents for retrospective action. Previously when the referee made an error they could just continue as if nothing happened whereas now that they've started it they have to continue and they have to start showing some consistency on the decisions. McGregor should be pulled up and he should be given a red, when you look at the retrospective action we have had in Jones and Stewart it's a complete imbalance to what they get away with. If they appeal Morelos then they should get the ban extended beyond 2 matches - you can call it a tactical appeal but the reality is that it's an abuse of the system. He's had multiple reds and he's still intentionally stamping on people, he's also been called up and let off for similar red card incidents in between. They need to be taking a stance that he's so many incidents and still doing it, he should be getting offered a 5 match ban rather than having the opportunity of an appeal. The SPFL should have the option to flatly reject an appeal opportunity, not that they would use it against an old firm side.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The SPFL and the mystery panel must really regret revisiting incidents for retrospective action. Previously when the referee made an error they could just continue as if nothing happened whereas now that they've started it they have to continue and they have to start showing some consistency on the decisions. McGregor should be pulled up and he should be given a red, when you look at the retrospective action we have had in Jones and Stewart it's a complete imbalance to what they get away with. If they appeal Morelos then they should get the ban extended beyond 2 matches - you can call it a tactical appeal but the reality is that it's an abuse of the system. He's had multiple reds and he's still intentionally stamping on people, he's also been called up and let off for similar red card incidents in between. They need to be taking a stance that he's so many incidents and still doing it, he should be getting offered a 5 match ban rather than having the opportunity of an appeal. The SPFL should have the option to flatly reject an appeal opportunity, not that they would use it against an old firm side.

Should Boyd be banned for a further two matches then? 

I seem to recall that Rangers did have an appeal flatly rejected before too. Was it the Candeias red card? 

Just now, Scooby_Doo said:

Should Boyd be banned for a further two matches then? 

I seem to recall that Rangers did have an appeal flatly rejected before too. Was it the Candeias red card? 

You don't see a difference between the consistency of Boyd and Morelos record of incidents over the course of the season? Not anywhere near the same level.

Candeias had his appeal. It was thrown out because they appealed on mistaken identity, which it wasn't.