Morelos

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

These scummy bastards are getting absolutely everything going for them so far this season , Morelos was a deff sending of but mcgregor was also a sending off -- the McKenna incident was handball but a Hun was offside -- scum canny wait till they go out the game again utter vermin club with vermin fans

100 per cent this. 

2 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

If this is not upheld then a full country boycott is needed by the other 11 SPL teams and a full independent investigation into corruption will need to be called for. don't now who would conduct this? FIFA? or UEFA?

Agreed, However, FIFA and UEFA aren't exactly whiter than white either are they? Might as well have Big Billy Mason Boyne McOrange investigate.

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

What would you suggest then?

Can anyone say they have ever met a SevCo fan who is in it for their enjoyment of football? 

I used to think Celtic fans were worse but for about the last ten years it’s been no contest.

Nowadays with Sellick you meet some bigoted cretins and some ‘normal’ fans and everything in between. With SevCo the vast majority these days, especially post zombie Armageddon do seem to be demented slavering bigots.

Och. Come on! That’s nonsense, and you know it. I know plenty of decent old firm fans who are embarrassed by the songs, chants and all-round bigotry that surrounds the clubs. Decent people follow horrible clubs, y’know. 

1 minute ago, The Lurker said:

Och. Come on! That’s nonsense, and you know it. I know plenty of decent old firm fans who are embarrassed by the songs, chants and all-round bigotry that surrounds the clubs. Decent people follow horrible clubs, y’know. 

Are you Koffi Annan reincarnated????

Confused - from what I understand if Rangers appeal and hearing is not done tomorrow then he is free to play ? If hearing is held as planned then he COULD be banned ? So on the off chance that he COULD be banned then the hearing being tomorrow night is a good thing ?

1 minute ago, IMO said:

Confused - from what I understand if Rangers appeal and hearing is not done tomorrow then he is free to play ? If hearing is held as planned then he COULD be banned ? So on the off chance that he COULD be banned then the hearing being tomorrow night is a good thing ?

That would be the thinking if the panel were fair and consistant...

3 minutes ago, IMO said:

1. They have appealed.

2. Yes, if the appeal hearing upholds the red card, he will be suspended.

9 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

I couldn't give half a f**k if the Zika heided thug plays or not. If his red is recinded this time it will only be window dressing by the SFA. Normal service will be resumed soon enough. 

Look at it from their point  of view. If they DONT rescind it, the wrath of the media and the pundits will fall on them from a height, and more to the point SevCo would be weakened for a vital Cup game. So it is a certainty that it will be rescinded 

Let's be honest. This appeal shows just how morally bankrupt those at Sevco are. This will have been a calculated measure which has backfired due to the timing of the hearing. We are not being fooled by the reasons for the appeal but unless that appeal , as everyone here says, is upheld then the rest of the league can just shut up shop and go home as the regulators and custodians of football must be hand picked asked on the club making the appeal. WE ARE WATCHING

Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow all in. The compliance officer has a real chance to put a marker down in terms of OF bias. Simunovic had a crazy challenge vs Hibs, Burke had a dive in the same game then there is the McGregor incident. I think they have until tomorrow afternoon to review these. There’s also the boy Johnson at Hibs tackle on Izaguirre and Ferguson’s retribution at Pittodrie. 

Based on the form of the SFA since the start of the season Morelos could have gone for the boy with a marchetti and the card would still be rescinded. 

Anyone who thinks it will be upheld or that there will be any protest when he is exhounerated or that there is any distance between the SFA and sevco is living in a fantasy world.

Edited by gdevoy

Ok I’ll stick my head above the parapet in fantasy world and say I fully expect the appeal to be dismissed and the thug will serve his 2 match ban. I’ve considered the appeal process from the SFA’s angle and come to the conclusion that to overturn the referee’s decision (in the same week his colleagues have been pilloried from everyone but the Sevco glare) would be an admittance their officials are incompetent and not up to the job. I can’t see the SFA doing that as it adds fuel to the media fire that the refs can’t cope with the game and it undermines them when all eyes are focussed on a pro-Sevco conspiracy. 

The appeal is not reviewed like a non-sending off that the compliance officer brings. Sevco have to prove it was not a red card offence to an “independent tribunal”. If they can’t do so the sanction remains. Gary Dicker b Hearts as an example.

If Morelos had not been sent off and the compliance officer deemed it a sending off, that’s when the 3 bears, eh sorry ex-referees have to uniformly agree the ref was wrong and a red card was the correct sanction to apply for him to be banned. Hence why McGregor escaped punishment after stamp on Ajer - they didn’t unanimously agree it was red!

On this basis it is far easier to uphold the refs decision than to overturn it.

He won’t be playing on Saturday!

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

Ok I’ll stick my head above the parapet in fantasy world and say I fully expect the appeal to be dismissed and the thug will serve his 2 match ban. I’ve considered the appeal process from the SFA’s angle and come to the conclusion that to overturn the referee’s decision (in the same week his colleagues have been pilloried from everyone but the Sevco glare) would be an admittance their officials are incompetent and not up to the job. I can’t see the SFA doing that as it adds fuel to the media fire that the refs can’t cope with the game and it undermines them when all eyes are focussed on a pro-Sevco conspiracy. 

The appeal is not reviewed like a non-sending off that the compliance officer brings. Sevco have to prove it was not a red card offence to an “independent tribunal”. If they can’t do so the sanction remains. Gary Dicker b Hearts as an example.

If Morelos had not been sent off and the compliance officer deemed it a sending off, that’s when the 3 bears, eh sorry ex-referees have to uniformly agree the ref was wrong and a red card was the correct sanction to apply for him to be banned. Hence why McGregor escaped punishment after stamp on Ajer - they didn’t unanimously agree it was red!

On this basis it is far easier to uphold the refs decision than to overturn it.

He won’t be playing on Saturday!

This 100%.....  My take on the incident which makes me think the appeal will be upheld.....

"If SPFL clubs decide to appeal against a decision for serious foul play, they must prove that an obvious refereeing error has been made"

For the life of me I can't see how Rangers can prove there was any obvious refereeing error in Morelos dismissal.

From the slow motion footage head on, Morelos foot is in an unnaturally high position after McKenna kicks the ball away, he could have planted his foot on the pitch without touching McKenna, but opts instead to "fish" twice with his foot in an attempt to find then rake McKenna's inner thigh/testicles. i.e, violent conduct.

The referee had a clear unobstructed view, didn't rush in to flash the red cards but instead took his time to make a considered decision....

The only way I can see it being overturned is if Bobby Madden puts his hands up & admits he got it wrong or the appeals panel are planning on throwing one of their own under the bus.

Edited by C4mmy31