Line up face Celtic

Craigieboy

I appreciate their defence is poor when compared to a La Liga side but that doesn't mean we should go all out against them. Personally would go for:

Bachmann

Sod Broadfoot Findlay Taylor

Power Dicker

Burke Tish Jones

Brophy (McAlaney if he doesn't make it)

If we need a goal or to go more offensive then we can bring on McAlaney for Tish. Millar can do a turn in place of Burke or Jones if they tire. 

13 minutes ago, livvy said:

I appreciate their defence is poor when compared to a La Liga side but that doesn't mean we should go all out against them. Personally would go for:

Bachmann

Power Dicker

Burke Tish Jones

If we need a goal or to go more offensive then we can bring on McAlaney for Tish. Millar can do a turn in place of Burke or Jones if they tire. 

Neither did Valencia. Very astute tactics from them, something I'm sure Clarke could mimic.

16 minutes ago, livvy said:

Bachmann

Power Dicker

Burke Tish Jones

What a very odd selection. 

Why would you start with Tish? Based on what? Nearly as bad as people suggesting McKenzie should start.

power & dicker with Jones Burke and McAleney infront with either millar or Brophy up top.

2 hours ago, livvy said:

Bachmann

Power Dicker

Burke Tish Jones

Will be surprised if that isn't the starting XI tbh. Think Tish will be seen as the Mulumbu replacement.  Looks more likely to be McAleney than Brophy fitness wise at the moment. If Findlay doesn't make it, probably Boyd at CH.

4 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Why would you start with Tish? Based on what? Nearly as bad as people suggesting McKenzie should start.

power & dicker with Jones Burke and McAleney infront with either millar or Brophy up top.

Tish had probably his best game for Killie in the 2-1 win against Celtic this season

5 hours ago, Guff92 said:

We’re going to need more in the centre of the park this time to have a good chance of getting a result. I would expect Tshibola to be the one selected if he’s available. I’m not his biggest fan but he’s played well against Celtic in the past - not just the game earlier this season, but also the 0-0 game at Parkhead last May. Clarke picked him for the 5-1 game as well, so I’d be surprised if he’s not in the team.

Edited by killie89

We will need to attend to ra sellick’s wide players who will all miraculously recover from being s**te last night. If we give them a good dunt or two early on and compete well in the middle I think they are beatable. While it pains me to say it, SevCo showed how to subdue sellick in their league win - even if it was Beaton-assisted.

35 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Lol one good game, how long ago?

celtic there for the taking. 

I’d be cautious about considering Celtic to be “there for the taking” just because they lost to Valencia. They haven’t conceded a goal domestically this year, they’re winning games comfortably and have just put 5 past a pretty strong St Johnstone side that don’t normally lose many goals.

We’re more than capable of getting a result but we need to approach it in a sensible way, not go out all guns blazing because they got their arses handed to them by a top Spanish side.

11 hours ago, McDeeBop said:

I was at the game last night (massive Valencia fan) and Celtic were abysmal. Absolutely no plan B if passy, passy, passy didn't work. Valencia sat a little deeper and took the pace completely out their front line, rendering it ineffective. They forced Brown to be the person responsible for transitioning between defence and attack through the middle of the park, which he is utter baws at.

No reason Kilmarnock can't do the exact same. That team are there for the taking. But confidence going into an OF game is always fraught with disappointment in the past.

Really can't understand Rodgers' insistence that Celtic pass out from the back all the time; they're not very good at it. I understand they can get away with it in the SPFL but against teams better on the ball than they are is just stupidity. They've taken some hammerings in Europe under him. 

SC would never do that. He sets his team up to play in a way that gives them the best possible chance of achieving results. Rodgers' dominance of the Scottish game is all fine and well against inferior opposition and far superior budget, but SC is a far better coach IMO.