celtic home, Fred

CB

Just watched start of Sportscene couldn’t watch earlier or would new television by now. 

Scott Brown apologists yellow card despite seeing him off his feet jumping into the tackle and straight leg studs into middle of Taylor’s leg. 

Plenty of reruns of kirks dangerous tackle on brown yea was red by the laws of the game.

then poor brown for being sent off when celebrating with fans. “ should it be a yellow card no as per Stewart”

no mention of the twats on the park. Therefore nothing to see as per usual. 

Howabout we try this at Ipox and see the different reactions 

ps I am not saying we should lower ourselves to pond life but you get where I am coming from.

I thought that Broadfoot's tackle was a yellow at most. Very harsh to get a straight red and probably not even as bad as Power v Rangers. 

Liam Miller should have done better for the Celtic goal. He should have been marking Scott Brown but was standing still at the edge of the area while Brown anticipated the knock down. 

5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I thought that Broadfoot's tackle was a yellow at most. Very harsh to get a straight red and probably not even as bad as Power v Rangers. 

It's all about opinions and perceptions but I can't see how you could say Power's was worse. He lifted his leg up from almost a stationary position.  Broadfoot charged forward with his studs up, much more dangerous. 

9 hours ago, Big Tam said:

I've got bad news for you pal, assuming you are not a member of the Trust with no wee icon below your name, she's not your fan on the board and I doubt she'll be giving you any feedback. Why single her out anyway? She's just joined the board a few months back with Mrs McLeish, surely the longest serving Director Billy Bowie should be the one you are asking questions of? That said, none of our directors are responsible for the scum Celtic fans, or what the police do, all they can do is ask questions as well - and watch the actual establishment (thepolice, the SFA and the SPFL) do nothing - that's where your anger should be focussed, not on our own people.

I've got news for you "pal", I am a member of the Trust and TIK. Just cos I don't publicise it doesn't mean I don't support it. If you are representative of the folk that run the Trust then I might rethink my contributions. So f**k off you Uber fan.

And are you saying she only represents about 300-400 fans on the board? Around 10% of our ST holders?  Surely not? f**king bonkers!

Edited by boydiesback

8 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

"So what are we, whores, willing to bend over and accept anything as long as they bung us the money ?"

Hyperbole, no one said that.

"We are trying to build something and we have probably put a lot of our fans off by the way they were allowed to trash our ground by sheer weight of numbers."

Like it or not though for a long time now we have gained extra money by selling the seats that our own fans won't buy to their fans. It's simple economics and I don't believe that no one understands that, which is not to say that any of us like it at all but we accept that needs must and events like yesterday have been the exception and not the rule. Yes stuff has happened before and there have been enquiries, but that was a different board and we have been doing this for a long time. It's difficult to legislate for events when you can't depend on the police or the stewards who we are paying to maintain any sort of order. Would giving them one stand alleviate the situation? I highly doubt it, it would just concentrate it on one stand rather than two and there would be the same battles outside the ground and even worse in the home ends. The only way to stop this is to punish the perpetrators properly, again something that is out with our clubs hands, and again we can't rely on the relevant authorities to take appropriate action.

"I also want our board to grow a spine and condemn their fans' behaviour unreservedly."

So do we all, how do you know that's not planned already and why have a go about it until we find out exactly what they are going to say? To issue statements with wide ranging consequences (for our fans safety in the future as well) immediately without seeing all the reports and weighing up the best approach would be unwise in the extreme. I think our board have a spine already and its a bit much for them to be taking abuse from all and sundry after the way they have turned this club around. The lack of gratitude is disrespectful at best, and saying that they have no spine already is damn insulting. I'm not saying they should be answerable to fans and shareholders, but the condescending attitude and tone of the abuse they are taking from some is out of order. Let's hear your miraculous solution on how to handle this situation, keeping Killie fans happy and not losing a shedload of money in the process.

6 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Liam Miller should have done better for the Celtic goal. He should have been marking Scott Brown but was standing still at the edge of the area while Brown anticipated the knock down. 

Broadfoot's tackle was certainly no worse than Brown's - typical bias from refs against the OF.

Miller totally switched off for the goal and you can see from his reaction that he knew it. A sign of his inexperience. He should learn from that and not make the same mistake again but it has cost us a point.

24 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

I've got news for you "pal", I am a member of the Trust and TIK. Just cos I don't publicise it doesn't mean I don't support it. If you are representative of the folk that run the Trust then I might rethink my contributions. So f**k off you Uber fan.

And are you saying she only represents about 300-400 fans on the board? Around 10% of our ST holders?  Surely not? f**king bonkers!

Good for you then. I'm not a representative for anyone, nor am I an uber fan so away and find some original patter that's relevant, if you let my comments put you off it would seem a bit strange. The Trust representative on the board is exactly that, the Trust's representative, they paid for her to go on the board and that is who she represents. all this stuff about being a fans rep is ill thought out nonsense. Who paid for Billy Bowie and Phyllis McLeish to be on the board and who do they represent? What's bonkers about representing the people who put you there? That's the way things work in the real world. I'm saying that she represents the number of Trust members and folk who pay into TiK, whatever those latest figures are. That's a fact, not a throwaway comment. As a member of the Trust and TiK as you say, I thought you would be aware of that and what you are paying for! Reading her last report she clearly also does stuff with the KFCSA and other fans groups too, I think that's more of an extension of what her remit is rather than anything else and we should appreciate the fact she's doing that instead of having a dig at every opportunity.

2 hours ago, Big Tam said:

"So what are we, whores, willing to bend over and accept anything as long as they bung us the money ?"

Hyperbole, no one said that.

"We are trying to build something and we have probably put a lot of our fans off by the way they were allowed to trash our ground by sheer weight of numbers."

Like it or not though for a long time now we have gained extra money by selling the seats that our own fans won't buy to their fans. It's simple economics and I don't believe that no one understands that, which is not to say that any of us like it at all but we accept that needs must and events like yesterday have been the exception and not the rule. Yes stuff has happened before and there have been enquiries, but that was a different board and we have been doing this for a long time. It's difficult to legislate for events when you can't depend on the police or the stewards who we are paying to maintain any sort of order. Would giving them one stand alleviate the situation? I highly doubt it, it would just concentrate it on one stand rather than two and there would be the same battles outside the ground and even worse in the home ends. The only way to stop this is to punish the perpetrators properly, again something that is out with our clubs hands, and again we can't rely on the relevant authorities to take appropriate action.

"I also want our board to grow a spine and condemn their fans' behaviour unreservedly."

So do we all, how do you know that's not planned already and why have a go about it until we find out exactly what they are going to say? To issue statements with wide ranging consequences (for our fans safety in the future as well) immediately without seeing all the reports and weighing up the best approach would be unwise in the extreme. I think our board have a spine already and its a bit much for them to be taking abuse from all and sundry after the way they have turned this club around. The lack of gratitude is disrespectful at best, and saying that they have no spine already is damn insulting. I'm not saying they should be answerable to fans and shareholders, but the condescending attitude and tone of the abuse they are taking from some is out of order. Let's hear your miraculous solution on how to handle this situation, keeping Killie fans happy and not losing a shedload of money in the process.

It isn't hyperbole, it's Scottish football in a nutshell, an unwritten rule that nobody condemns Celtic and Sevco because they are the gravy train that keeps the whole lopsided pathetic excuse for a league going. 

If you are willing to accept that we are never going to have a proper home game against them then continue giving them both stands. Otherwise at least make an effort to put them in one part of the ground, the Chadwick and part of the Frank Beattie nearest to the Chadwick for instance. Make the Moffat stand available to family season-ticket holders for a supplement, like we have done recently, giving them access to the Frank Beattie and East stands for a supplement. Yes, home fan uptake for these games has been poor but it isn't going to improve when we see scenes like yesterday's. Is it acceptable that our players can't warm up at a home game without having objects thrown at them ? 

OK, I accept that I was harsh on our board members, but there are times when we need a chairman/chairwoman to speak for the club and the committee approach doesn't cut it. 

Dear Forum, here's a copy of a message I sent this evening to the BBC Sportsound and a BBC employee.

I've been a Killie fan for over 50 years. 
Sunday evening's Killie v Celtic game was not the first where my team has lost narrowly to either Old Firm team.
It IS the first game where I have appalled, disgusted and, indeed, scared by the behaviour of Celtic fans and players.
Last night's proceedings were a blight, a stain and VERY poor example of crowd control by police and stewards.

For example, when a home player was confronted last night on the pitch by an away fan, the player showed remarkable forebearance
in the face of verbal and physical abuse.
In conclusion, I fully expect not to hear or receive ANY acknowledgement from the BBC, on air or by return text/message.

3 minutes ago, Jim Gibson said:
Dear Forum, here's a copy of a message I sent this evening to the BBC Sportsound and a BBC employee.

Sunday evening's Killie v Celtic game was not the first where my team has lost narrowly to either Old Firm team.
It IS the first game where I have appalled, disgusted and, indeed, scared by the behaviour of Celtic fans and players.
Last night's proceedings were a blight, a stain and VERY poor example of crowd control by police and stewards.

For example, when a home player was confronted last night on the pitch by an away fan, the player showed remarkable forebearance
In conclusion, I fully expect not to hear or receive ANY acknowledgement from the BBC, on air or by return text/message.

There is more chance of John Beaton sending off Alfredo Morelos than there is of you getting a response to that.

Edited by david mcbeth

4 hours ago, Jim Gibson said:

I'm confused. Did you send that complaint to the BBC tonight, about 12 hours after they not only ran a piece - mentioning Celtic fans' bigotry, coin throwing and seat smashing -  on their website but actually put it on their front page?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47276671

Or did you send it last night and that prompted them to write that piece?

Edited by Jon

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

IMG-20190218-WA0068.jpg

To give credit to the board that statement is so much exactly what you'd want to hear from them that I had to double check that it wasn't drafted by a forum member. Hopefully, the strong words will be backed up by suitable action.

Celtic captain Scott Brown insists he has no regrets over the goal celebration which earned him a red card at Rugby Park last Sunday.

Brown netted a dramatic 90th-minute winner for the champions against Kilmarnock, sparking wild scenes which saw Celtic supporters spill on to the pitch at both ends of the ground. Having been booked earlier in the match, Brown received a second yellow card from referee Bobby Madden for climbing over an advertising hoarding behind the goal as he celebrated.

It has prompted some criticism of the former Scotland skipper, who will be suspended for Celtic’s home game against Motherwell this weekend, but he is unrepentant. “We got the result that we wanted, whether it was a last-minute goal or a first-minute goal,” said Brown as he discussed the incident for the first time.

“For me, it had been a long time since I’d scored and then I got two in a week, having scored against St Johnstone the previous Sunday, so it was emotional.

“I tried to stop myself before I went over the board, but, as soon as you score, the lads go towards you and I was either going to collapse into the board or jump over it. I jumped over it and I didn’t run to the fans. They ran to me. A lot of people made a big issue of it, but I was happy with the result and I was happy with my celebration.

“There are a few guys got away with it in other games [last weekend], but I understand the rule, especially if there are kids at the front of the stand and there are people there getting squashed. “You don’t want to see people sprinting on to the park or anything, but I didn’t exactly sprint off to them. I jumped over a hoarding, but as soon as I did it I saw Bobby with his cards out. I just walked off.

“To be honest, the people criticising me for it are probably people who have never kicked a ball in their lives who are sitting in the house being keyboard warriors, but I’m doing a job I love and it’s a celebration at the end of the day.“Some referees might give you a booking, some might not, it’s just your luck. Bobby did what the rule says if you go off the pitch a tiny bit, but everyone has to be in the same boat, although I know it is hard for referees to be consistent like that.”

Brown certainly won’t temper his celebrations tonight if he manages to lead Celtic to an unlikely comeback in their Europa League last-32 tie against Valencia in the Mestalla Stadium, seeking to overturn the 2-0 defeat suffered in the first leg last week. “It is a great opportunity for everyone, but it is going to be hard with us being 2-0 down,” added Brown. 

“We need the first goal to try and put them under pressure and see if we can play. We’ll need to be more patient with the ball, we gave it away too much last week, so we need to be more controlled in possession and press them a bit better than we did as well.

“We usually turn these scorelines over when the second leg is at home, but this is different. The pitch here is a bowling green, the stadium looks good and the fans will be with us, so we need to make sure we go out and give a good performance.”

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-scott-brown-shows-no-remorse-for-killie-celebration-red-card-1-4876621

"....the rule says if you go off the pitch a tiny bit...."

Does it f**k! Learn the Laws!

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Celtic captain Scott Brown insists he has no regrets over the goal celebration which earned him a red card at Rugby Park last Sunday.

Brown netted a dramatic 90th-minute winner for the champions against Kilmarnock, sparking wild scenes which saw Celtic supporters spill on to the pitch at both ends of the ground. Having been booked earlier in the match, Brown received a second yellow card from referee Bobby Madden for climbing over an advertising hoarding behind the goal as he celebrated.

It has prompted some criticism of the former Scotland skipper, who will be suspended for Celtic’s home game against Motherwell this weekend, but he is unrepentant. “We got the result that we wanted, whether it was a last-minute goal or a first-minute goal,” said Brown as he discussed the incident for the first time.

“For me, it had been a long time since I’d scored and then I got two in a week, having scored against St Johnstone the previous Sunday, so it was emotional.

“I tried to stop myself before I went over the board, but, as soon as you score, the lads go towards you and I was either going to collapse into the board or jump over it. I jumped over it and I didn’t run to the fans. They ran to me. A lot of people made a big issue of it, but I was happy with the result and I was happy with my celebration.

“There are a few guys got away with it in other games [last weekend], but I understand the rule, especially if there are kids at the front of the stand and there are people there getting squashed. “You don’t want to see people sprinting on to the park or anything, but I didn’t exactly sprint off to them. I jumped over a hoarding, but as soon as I did it I saw Bobby with his cards out. I just walked off.

“To be honest, the people criticising me for it are probably people who have never kicked a ball in their lives who are sitting in the house being keyboard warriors, but I’m doing a job I love and it’s a celebration at the end of the day.“Some referees might give you a booking, some might not, it’s just your luck. Bobby did what the rule says if you go off the pitch a tiny bit, but everyone has to be in the same boat, although I know it is hard for referees to be consistent like that.”

Brown certainly won’t temper his celebrations tonight if he manages to lead Celtic to an unlikely comeback in their Europa League last-32 tie against Valencia in the Mestalla Stadium, seeking to overturn the 2-0 defeat suffered in the first leg last week. “It is a great opportunity for everyone, but it is going to be hard with us being 2-0 down,” added Brown. 

“We need the first goal to try and put them under pressure and see if we can play. We’ll need to be more patient with the ball, we gave it away too much last week, so we need to be more controlled in possession and press them a bit better than we did as well.

“We usually turn these scorelines over when the second leg is at home, but this is different. The pitch here is a bowling green, the stadium looks good and the fans will be with us, so we need to make sure we go out and give a good performance.”

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-scott-brown-shows-no-remorse-for-killie-celebration-red-card-1-4876621

"....the rule says if you go off the pitch a tiny bit...."

Does it f**k! Learn the Laws!

I hope the Spaniards rag doll them.

Is this the same Scott brown? 

Brown mocks Kilmarnock

Scott Brown has mocked his Kilmarnock counterparts for celebrating the 1-0 win over Celtic at Rugby Park “like they’d won the World Cup”. The Hoops skipper was unimpressed by the antics of the home players in the wake of the full-time whistle and he criticised them for celebrating in front of the away fans. (Sunday Mail)