Steve Clarke

Morph

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

What is this Fromm Tom English? As a club we are against zero tolerance?

4DF37D56-878D-4D8F-AB11-5FC1C8D6F76B.png

I can’t stand Tom English at the best of times but how the f**k is the abuse Steve Clarke gets in any way connected to us as a club?

And why is THAT the aspect he feels merits prominence in this tweet?

The media in Scotland is a shambles.

Edited by NorfolkG

That interview is full of pain but he doesn’t miss a beat in telling it exactly like it is in this country 

an absolute class act and and it kills me to think this could be the beginning of the end 

he sounds like a man who is ready to see out the season and head back to civilisation 

tell you what though incredibly proud we have a manager bold enough to speak the truth and say it how it really is 

12 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

Read his comments, and my first thoughts were he wont be here much longer 

If true - and l suspect it is - I hope it’s to the level of job he deserves. He is outstandingly talented and comes across as throughly honourable. Not easy in the s**t show that is football.

This whole situation is just awfully sad. Not just for us as Kilmarnock fans but for the whole of Scottish football. On show after show you hear pundits and the like mention how its great for the game here to have managers of the caliber of Steve Clarke in Scotland - I wonder how many will decry the reasons for his inevitable departure? This will be the hot topic for the next 48hrs, and then will be swiftly forgotten about in the media, whilst its us who will inevitably be deprived of the greatest manager we've had in decades because of external factors. It's sickening. 

I had thought that when SSC left Alex Dyer would be the man to step up and carry on his work, but after tonight and the last few weeks it wouldn't surprise me if he's just had enough too. A s**te state of affairs all round, and I doubt many (if any at all) would hold it against our management team for taking the first even remotely appealing job on offer down south. Men of their class deserve more than Scottish football can give them.

I think sc will be gone very soon and who can blame him.  Will give a press conference and slate the corrupt sfa and match officials and the fact that sectarianism that still is alive and well in this part of the country with the football authorities and Scottish government unable or unwilling to do anything.  Then say goodbye and he will be off.

It's hard to read all of this and find myself agreeing with the fears over SSC considering how far we have come this season.

What we have achieved so far has outsripped expectation to say the least.

We are comng off the back of a punishing run of high profile contentious games. Could it be that the frustration from SSC needed venting? 

We have some winnable games coming up. His attitude - given what he is capable of can surely galvanize us......

I agree fully with his comments on the WoS and am glad my kids are growing up far from there.

Livi are next, and I am sure that's where SSC will have the team focusing.

He was brave with his statement and should be applauded for speaking about the elephant in the stands.

Nights like this always hurt and this more than most but we have been here for 150 years and right now we concentrate on the next game and 3 points

And straight away the media begin to play it down. Morelos goals gets more prominence on the front and back pages. Rather than look into the sectarian abuse some journos are retweeting articles where SSC said there was no approach from Rangers. They don’t want to report on the problem. s**tebags