We Are All Steve Clarke

Lroy

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

His name should be sung for 90 mins on Saturday

One of the most effective fan protests I ever witnessed was when the Kop sang "Justice for the 96" continuously through a Liverpool match after a particularly bad decision went against them on the road to getting justice. 

The media, even in England, is covering the story of Killie's week and are itching for the follow-up story.

A noisy visible continuous show of support for SSC would get headlines, no doubt.

'Stand up if you hate bigots" or "only one stand for bigots, only one stand for bigots' might be an alternative chant.

22 hours ago, Jon said:

One of the most effective fan protests I ever witnessed was when the Kop sang "Justice for the 96" continuously through a Liverpool match after a particularly bad decision went against them on the road to getting justice. 

The media, even in England, is covering the story of Killie's week and are itching for the follow-up story.

A noisy visible continuous show of support for SSC would get headlines, no doubt.

'Stand up if you hate bigots" or "only one stand for bigots, only one stand for bigots' might be an alternative chant.

No need to make 1 up. We have our own. 

But actually we do – or at least, most of us do know the widely accepted explanation.

Paper Roses was adopted by a group of supporters travelling on a bus to an away game at a time when violence and bad behaviour was beginning to dog Scottish football.  Some fans decided they wanted no part in the ratcheting up of rivalries and wanted to make a statement to that effect.  What they could not decide on was how.

Then, Marie Osmond came on the radio singing Paper Roses and the fans decided that was it.  Here was a harmless, guileless song with a rather twee tune.  It was perfect.

So every time, vitriol and hatred were chanted in their direction in an attempt to force a response, the reply came by way of a chorus or two of Paper Roses.  It took the sting out of things and made those who sought violence look rather stupid.  Killie fans in the vanguard of designing innovative approaches to reducing violence in our society – who’d a thunk it?  And the song stuck.

11 hours ago, The_new_gaffer said:

No need to make 1 up. We have our own. 

But actually we do – or at least, most of us do know the widely accepted explanation.

Paper Roses was adopted by a group of supporters travelling on a bus to an away game at a time when violence and bad behaviour was beginning to dog Scottish football.  Some fans decided they wanted no part in the ratcheting up of rivalries and wanted to make a statement to that effect.  What they could not decide on was how.

Then, Marie Osmond came on the radio singing Paper Roses and the fans decided that was it.  Here was a harmless, guileless song with a rather twee tune.  It was perfect.

So every time, vitriol and hatred were chanted in their direction in an attempt to force a response, the reply came by way of a chorus or two of Paper Roses.  It took the sting out of things and made those who sought violence look rather stupid.  Killie fans in the vanguard of designing innovative approaches to reducing violence in our society – who’d a thunk it?  And the song stuck.

Thank you for the background information and I support this, as i would expect all our fans to support this song. It also highlights over the many years the associated and underlying problems have never gone away and often pushed under the carpet. I am sure there will be a small minority of Sevco fans who felt guilt for their actions when SC spoke out. The rest probably and won't care but in time things change for a reason. I am sure Neil Lennon received worse and the media use it for pantomine but this time it is for real as words from SC struck a chord which also hit the English media and the reaction for most decent everyday folk in the Uk must be why is this allowed to happen. The reaction only defended now by Sevco,  Scottish media, and SFA to protect the money injection and the shambles of our so called governing body.

Paper Roses  will also remind everyone of why we are kilmarnock supporters just as much as WE ARE KILLIE!

Edited by BDM2510

26 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

When they start singing the bile songs we could start a chorus of

I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony) 

Opposition fans to be silent, take out their phones, film the singing and at the end of the games pass on all footage to the relevant authorities 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:08 AM, Prahakillie said:

Is it not bigoted to hate the bigots?

That is what my wife says - I am a bigot for being bigoted against bigots apparently. And even though i only Hate the OF clubs and their bigoted fans, she asserts that I am an anti-Catholic AND anti-Protestant bigot which is even more weird as I have zero interest in religion.

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

That is what my wife says - I am a bigot for being bigoted against bigots apparently. And even though i only Hate the OF clubs and their bigoted fans, she asserts that I am an anti-Catholic AND anti-Protestant bigot which is even more weird as I have zero interest in religion.

Anti-Christian bigot it seems! Tell her to bolt.

5 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

You're wife talks utter pish mate 

Would be good to see the entire team more vocal in backing Steve Clarke - t shirt message if they score "we are all Steve Clarke" or when our next goal goes in the whole team heads for bench to celebrate with him. He has stood up for them e.g. Jones, think it is time for them as a collective to show their public support for him and how strong a 'team's they are.

Granted we do need to actually score not hit the woodwork!

YNTTK