A dialogue

McDicken'sLeftPeg

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Curious to hear the responses to this. 

To be fair, there have been a few intelligent Okd Firm voices cutting through the waves of nonsense in the last few days, so here’s hoping this attracts a few more. 

I had a few Celtic fans on Twitter that I knew and some I didn't, PM me to apologise for their fans. Some said they don't do away days because of the way they act.

There are certainly many Celtic and Rangers fans who want it banned... sadly it seems few and far between.

Excellent article. You’re spot on about not bothering trying to convince Celtic fans who rant on about us being Ayrshire huns etc. I used to try and argue with them but I’ve come to realise that there’s no point - they’ve been brought up in an environment where everyone is seen as either a good Catholic or an Orange b*****d and they’ll never be able to move past that.

Probably the best post i have ever read. Well written and from the heart. I spoke to decent Celtic fans after the game who were embarrassed by what happened. I asked why did you not point them out. The response was because you don't know how the guy next to you will react. Bollocks! If a fellow Killie fan was being out of order I would have no problems telling them and reporting it. It's a shame that we are still talking about this a week later but unfortunately I'm pretty sure there will be more ugly scenes at other grounds before the authorities take action.

Excellent article. Very well written. The Spanish police showed how to deal with them. No prisoners and clamp down on them instantly. Very much like a young kid misbehaving who has never been told off...as soon as they are told off , they go off wimpering and whining and pleading their innocence. But they know not to do it again on that patch. Then they come back to the merry old land of Scotland and go back to their normal ways because nobody sticks up to them. Police Scotland, SFA, Scottish Government, their own Club? Not one of them bats an eyelid. Them and their bigot brothers and sisters in the blue corner have made Scottish football a cesspit of hate and it won't change anytime soon. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this post, well thought out and written with a flourish!

Many of us, particularly of my age, come from an Irish Catholic background, but when Killie score 15 goals in 3 successive seasons against Celtic and finish in the top two in the league in 5 out of 6 seasons then following our own wee local team far outways any “cultural” pull from the east end of Glasgow. 

Was having a conversation today concerning a what if?,,,from kick off after their goal we had gone straight up the pitch and equalised? With some of them only just back over the barriers by then....Certainly can't imagine sitting there in the East Stand if that had transpired and feeling 'safe' that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Was having a conversation today concerning a what if?,,,from kick off after their goal we had gone straight up the pitch and equalised? With some of them only just back over the barriers by then....Certainly can't imagine sitting there in the East Stand if that had transpired and feeling 'safe' that's for sure.

Pointless, it didn't happen.

I can't say I felt worried at any time, before, during, or after the game. Angry, but not worried. 

I was worried hence why I left before the final whistle so I could get my son away safely. We were subjected to vile abuse on way to the game so didn't want to put my son through it again after the game. Yes I was angry also and tbh still am a little as not a day has gone by without a Celtic fan pleading that they are innocent and the whole thing has been hyped up.

Don't know if it's 'pointless' from the point of view that a lot of Celtic fans have said on social media this week 'it was just a pitch invasion, happens all the time, dry your eyes'. The 'conversation' was part of a discussion over policing and stewarding of the match and the fact that they had been allowed onto the pitch, and also a response to'only a wee bit of exuberance, no harm caused'.

The fact that they are 'allowed' to enter the pitch, for me anyway, leads to the thought of what if we score against them, what happens then? 

I, like you Wrangodog, didn't personally feel 'unsafe'. My 11 year old son however did, and was shaken by the whole experience, particularly on being confronted by drunken Celtic fans on leaving the stadium, and at the moment, thats not an experience I want to repeat.

Edited by Jedi2