Normal Service Resumes

Stefanus

You can guarantee more of the same when we next play Sevco.

The Club should have plan that if this is the case and it starts, to pull everyone off the park and head up the tunnel. This would be a very strong message. It would put the authorities in a awful position.....  throw the book at Killie for doing something pro-active and in effect condoning sectarianism or throw the book at Sevco for their inaction.

Edited by Bigdodge
Poor spelling

11 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Sounds fine. The only one wee fly in the ointment here is that the ones with the most power to bring this in are the ones with most to lose by its implementation.

From what I read in the rules it only needs 9 Premiership clubs (75%) to vote it in for it to apply only in the Premiership.  It requires 75% support from Prem,  75% from Champ, and 75% from Leagues 1 & 2 combined for it to apply throughout the SPFL.

Edited by chubbs

3 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Many years ago Jock Stein waded into a Celtic crowd to tell them to stop sectarian chanting.  Now if Stevie G had gone and removed the banner at Hamilton and told them to shut up it would have shown be takes this seriously.

If Gerrard was to do that I wouldn’t put it by the clowns attacking him. 

Stop them seeing their team. After a few games the so called silent majority will begin to stand up to the vocal minority because they are getting sick of paying for a season ticket and not being allowed to attend matches. 

If the authorities had the balls to act it wouldn’t be hard to come up with enough evidence to ban the fans.

I wouldn't lose sleep over what Sutton writes in his column or says on TV. He just spouts off to get a reaction. Off the ball done a good bit on the whataboutery yesterday. Unfortunately we will still be talking about this vile behaviour next year and the year after as nothing will be done. The above plan sounds good and looks good but put that to the higherarchy and it will be vetoed. Myself and my 13 year old son were called "dirty orange bastards" last week along with a lot of other Killie fans.

21 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

I'm a little confused!  What is Sectarian / offensive about the banner?

The chants/ songs I get, but the banner is well thought out enough to make their point without getting their club into trouble. Didn't think they could be so subtle.

Not sure what point they were making with the banner. A manager of another club told them that he had turned down the opportunity to manage them because of their sectarian bigotry. Their own chairman apologised for it and said its unacceptable. Rather than realise that this maybe reflects badly on them, they decided to respond by mocking him with the banner and yet more sectarianism. Sums them up - they are not remotely interested in escaping the gutter. 

Just now, MrTumnus said:

A *anger* bigot a few doors away has explained it to me that he was obviously no' right in the heid because of his comments and for turning them down.

That’s the other side of it. 

They have a huge budget and ‘innocent mistakes by referees’ aside their first team are no better than us. They could have had the best manager in Scotland for a song but one of the reasons he said he’d prefer to stay at Kilmarnock was his concern over rampant sectarianism.

Rather than shouting abuse at Steve Clarke, or keeping quiet about it, you would think the declared majority would be furious that this perception of the club is preventing their progress.

You would think.

Where is this decent ‘majority’?

Deafening silence. 

2 hours ago, Bigdodge said:

You an guarantee more of the same when we next play Sevco.

The Club should have plan that if this is the case and it starts, to pull everyone off the park and head up the tunnel. This would be a very string message. It would put the authorities in a awful position.....  throw the book at Killie for doing something pro-active and in effect condoning sectarianism or throw the book at Sevco for their inaction.

As a pay at the gate fan I would 100% back this and be happy to get 0% refund.

17 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

Killie Boys to the tune of Marching Through Georgia. D word? No idea what the SOD song lyrics are. Seems like false equivalence to me.

150BC452-15D0-40B6-BDE5-D200B89B7248.png.f576146714a6f8e16f7e21260591cfbc.png341EBE4D-1759-4975-9059-63747E30E105.png.a31b1651061d8b481c811dc877c01bb7.png

I join in with the song myself, but to claim the roots of Hello, Hello are anything other than sectarian and Rangers orientated, is denial.  I can’t recall it being one of our songs when I was younger. It’s a rousing tune, but I have had fans of other clubs asking why ,we sing it. In an ideal world it would be preferable if  we didn’t sing anything to link us with their bigotry. 

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

150BC452-15D0-40B6-BDE5-D200B89B7248.png.f576146714a6f8e16f7e21260591cfbc.png341EBE4D-1759-4975-9059-63747E30E105.png.a31b1651061d8b481c811dc877c01bb7.png

I join in with the song myself, but to claim the roots of Hello, Hello are anything other than sectarian and Rangers orientated, is denial.  I can’t recall it being one of our songs when I was younger. It’s a rousing tune, but I have had fans of other clubs asking why ,we sing it. In an ideal world it would be preferable if  we didn’t sing anything to link us with their bigotry. 

Whilst possibly true I wouldn’t believe anything on Wikipedia. Not a reliable source. Basically an OF source or a source for “experts on here” saying how tall and how many appearances in the reserves a new signing has.

17 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Whilst possibly true I wouldn’t believe anything on Wikipedia. Not a reliable source. Basically an OF source or a source for “experts on here” saying how tall and how many appearances in the reserves a new signing has.

No, it is true. I chose that out of many sources as the easiest to read. Please don’t go down the “fake news” route. That parrots the Twitter Sevco tyoes we are criticising, muddying the debate and deflecting. 

Edited by Mclean07