Normal Service Resumes

Stefanus

4 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

What singing what banner? Nothing to see here!!! BT commentators conveniently don"t acknowledge the song or the banner. 

After listening to a very small part of BBC sportsound yesterday Richard Gordon claimed that once headphones on an miced up your hear this but it’s like white noise.

the cynic in me says it’s more about appeasing your customer.

Old firm buy BT packages if they mobilse collectively because they are being “victimised “ they could hit profits significantly, that is why they don’t mention it. 

Part of the problem 

God knows what Sutton is on about. If he’s going to make a comment like that he should really explain exactly what he means and give us a chance to defend ourselves. 

Every club in Scotland has eejits in their support and we’re no different, but it’s ridiculous to suggest we’ve got any kind of institutionalised problem with bigotry in the way that the Old Firm do. Local rivals calling each other dirty is not the same as abusing a whole section of society for their religion or constantly singing songs glorifying paramilitary organisations. Sutton really is a thick, loud mouthed arse.

Edited by killie89

1 minute ago, red_dug said:

The authorities had a great chance to take action today.

Remove a prominant banner condoning sectarian abuse from the front of a rangers away crowd on live tv and some momentum would've been gathered. 

As it was they shat it and did hee haw. Back to square one then.

The authorities will never do anything because the ‘authorities’ in this country sadly share the views of the people that put the banners up.

3 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

The authorities will never do anything because the ‘authorities’ in this country sadly share the views of the people that put the banners up.

Agree, but Hamilton pay the stewards so they could've demanded it be removed. 

May be a stretch to expect them to do the right thing though.

40 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I think it’s a wee bit of reflex OF ‘whataboutery’ seeping through from Sutton. No one from an OF background will feel comfortable condemning it unequivocally 

I know a couple of very good people who are Celtic fans. Neither will unequivocally condemn their club’s sectarian action, which is disheartening.

Boyd said something at the press conference about how docking them points is ridiculous because Rangers/Celtic fans will go to Celtic/Rangers games and try and cause the other to lose points. So Celtic fans will go to Ibrox and sing about being up to their knees so Rangers lose points?

Absolute s**te.

Enough is enough. Points deductions, closed door games. SOMETHING. Rangers are laughing at the people who came out in defiance against them last week, including the SFA and Rangers themselves. It's put up or shut up time.

I will reiterate my point from another post.   This s**t is EASY to address from a football perspective.  All we need unfortunately is a governing body with some balls. 

1st offence is a warning 

2nf offence is a fine

3rs offence is close door penalty at home

4th offence is a a points deduction

5th offence is demotion

6th offence is another relegation

7th offense is removal of license and your gone, permanently.

The above penalties apply irrespectiveof the offence having taken place at home or an away match. 

And this also would dictate that a single idiot does not constitute an offence, therefore negating the cheeks argument that a random infiltrator would cause the issue to occur.

8 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I will reiterate my point from another post.   This s**t is EASY to address from a football perspective.  All we need unfortunately is a governing body with some balls. 

1st offence is a warning 

2nf offence is a fine

3rs offence is close door penalty at home

4th offence is a a points deduction

5th offence is demotion

6th offence is another relegation

7th offense is removal of license and your gone, permanently.

The above penalties apply irrespectiveof the offence having taken place at home or an away match. 

And this also would dictate that a single idiot does not constitute an offence, therefore negating the cheeks argument that a random infiltrator would cause the issue to occur.

Sounds fine. The only one wee fly in the ointment here is that the ones with the most power to bring this in are the ones with most to lose by its implementation.