Normal Service Resumes

Stefanus

5 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Remember having the “thunder sticks” at RP a while back, the noise was amazing however i believe we “banned” them after complaints from some fans about giving them a headache, I s**t you not!!!

They were given out free during the 'Kids for a Quid' initiative. And they were banned on health and safety grounds (along with the hooters) as some kids were whacking others with them, which added greatly to the noise created 'booom-ooowww'.  Although the real unofficial reason was complaints from our own fans about the noise.

Edited by MrTumnus

30 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Correct. My first memory of a Killie song was "men like Jackie McGrory, boys like Tommy McLean...." sung to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory, the unofficial English national anthem. Didn't make us English.

More nonsense whataboutary. Words we’re completely different from Land of Hope and Glory. Try leaving false equivalence to them. 

By the way, nobody has said the Killie version is sectarian, all that’s been said is it sounds uncomfortably Sevcoish by its nature. 

Edited by Mclean07

3 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Superb discussion on Sportsound tonight.

Kenny McIntyre - very strong

Ton English - very strong

Michael Stewart - outstanding 

Neil McCann - Aye but we would lose the atmosphere in the Old Firm games 

Proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that McCann is an absolute f**ktrumpet.

Edited by Beaker71

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

More nonsense whataboutary. Words we’re completely different from Land of Hope and Glory. Try leaving false equivalence to them. 

I think if you read his post again you will find he mentioned the tune, which he is correct, and that the words were about Killie players, your namesake was one. I think an apology may be appropriate. :39: