Kid friendly restaurants

Merk

Trouble is we pander to the little blighters in this country. "kids" menus ( basically cheap s**t) and soft plays so that the wee horrors can keep out of sight until they break something or get walloped by a bigger kid. We had this radical notion with our children that they should behave, eat what was available and they could play until their hearts content once the meal was finished. Revolutionary stuff.  

56 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

Trouble is we pander to the little blighters in this country. "kids" menus ( basically cheap s**t) and soft plays so that the wee horrors can keep out of sight until they break something or get walloped by a bigger kid. We had this radical notion with our children that they should behave, eat what was available and they could play until their hearts content once the meal was finished. Revolutionary stuff.  

Did ye, aye? My son is 19 months, will I just get him the a la carte menu and tell him to wire in?  tosser1.gif

I'm not necessarily asking for a soft play or kids area.  By kid friendly I mean somewhere that you don't feel like you are going to get plapped in a corner and scowled at if your kids dare make a noise.  Lido in Troon are great with kids.  They have a big screen with the sound down playing cartoons, the staff are very attentive with them ,they provide good coloring pads and crayons and the kids menu is great.  My daughter loves going there as she gets to prepare her own pizza at the table and when it was her birthday in March they took her into the kitchen to put it in the oven and all the staff sang happy birthday to her.

7 hours ago, Merk said:

Can anyone suggest somewhere to eat that is kid friendly within 20 mins or so of Killie?  We usually go to the Cotton Mill (for sheer convenience) or Lido in Troon but fancy a wee change tonight.

Ocean's 
Balgarth Pines
Basrai's
Longhouse
Scott's Bonnet

the food they usually give kids in restaurants is s**te though, better to find a place who will do half portions of what everyone else is having before you sit down or book.

I learned my lesson when my kid was 4 and got food poisoning from chicken nuggets you wouldn't feed to your dug.

as for kid friendly if they don't want well behaved kids don't go there.

1 hour ago, Merk said:

In the end up we stuck with what we like and Lido didn't disappoint. Fantastic meal and service topped off with a nice stroll along the beach then a wee play in the park. It was incredibly warm even at 8pm.

Need to give Lido a shot.  Me and Mrs V go to Scott's on the rare occasions we can get a babysitter.  Superb grub and views.  Their Old Fashioned cocktails are the best I've tried.  

5 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

We wen't to Si!  in Irvine with the offspring on a Sunday. Had a movie on and they get earphones so they can listen in. The staff were great with our wee girl. Good choice. They also do a make your own pizza.

Been once. Got food poisoning. Not been back to any Simpsinns venues since and was the deciding factor when I contemplated the Waterside.