Movies You've Just Enjoyed (or not)

bKb

21 hours ago, Mister Y said:

Just finished watching the Coen Bros' film Inside Llewin Davis and loved it.

Probably marmite unless you're a Coen fan like me.

Just got into their movies, didn't know there were so many and great when you can't decide what to watch

hope they are all delicious dark comedies

did you honestly think the original Point Break was a classic Scooter? I remember it as an extremely forgettable surfer movie must watch it again.

12 minutes ago, bKb said:

did you honestly think the original Point Break was a classic Scooter? I remember it as an extremely forgettable surfer movie must watch it again.

Aye man, canny beat a bit o Keanu n Swayze.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it a score of 68% versus 9% for the remake... what's the point if yer gonna feck it up?

On 23 March 2016 at 8:34 AM, Mogwai said:

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

John (keep wanting to call him Candy) Goodman was excellent in it, in fact, good performances all round, and and enjoyable story.

I saw it last night and loved it- highly recommended.

On 26/03/2016 at 0:08 AM, Mister Y said:

Just finished watching the Coen Bros' film Inside Llewin Davis and loved it.

Probably marmite unless you're a Coen fan like me.

I cant decide if I enjoyed this or not, nothing actually happened in it but the character was brilliant. BTW Isaac was great in Ex Machina too,another one well worth watching.

I never read into the whole Ulysses/Odysseus I don't really get it but I may for ''O Brother Where Art Thou''.

one guy reckons the cat is representing Mike and if think of it that way it make a bit more sense. notice Mrs Gorfein when upset says ''I'll be in his room'' I think they were Mike's parents.

there is loads in it and loads to think about for such a slow movie if you dig deep enough.

would have like a better ending for him too, did Dylan & the critic from The Times signify him making it, or did he sink deeper into despair?

Edited by bKb

20 hours ago, bKb said:

I cant decide if I enjoyed this or not, nothing actually happened in it but the character was brilliant. BTW Isaac was great in Ex Machina too,another one well worth watching.

I never read into the whole Ulysses/Odysseus I don't really get it but I may for ''O Brother Where Art Thou''.

one guy reckons the cat is representing Mike and if think of it that way it make a bit more sense. notice Mrs Gorfein when upset says ''I'll be in his room'' I think they were Mike's parents.

there is loads in it and loads to think about for such a slow movie if you dig deep enough.

would have like a better ending for him too, did Dylan & the critic from The Times signify him making it, or did he sink deeper into despair?

That's the beauty of films like this...(similar to Birdman, recommended previously)...there are several ways to interpret the narrative, depending on your perspective.

I think you'll love O Brother Where Art Thou....as long as Clooney lives, he'll never play a better part! 

On 28/03/2016 at 10:18 AM, Sandman396 said:

Went to see Batman v Superman at the weekend.

Advice for those who have not but are considering it. DON'T!!!

It is awful trending to horrific.

I didn't think it was half the turkey it's made out to be. That said after pondering on it for 24 hours there's far more wrongs than rights about it but as a stupid superhero film I quite enjoyed it. 

Watched Collateral last night. Forgot how good a film that was. 

On 29 March 2016 at 6:22 AM, Mister Y said:

That's the beauty of films like this...(similar to Birdman, recommended previously)...there are several ways to interpret the narrative, depending on your perspective.

I think you'll love O Brother Where Art Thou....as long as Clooney lives, he'll never play a better part! 

Are you watching Fargo the series, I'm half way through the 1st series it's just like the film but lasts for hours+hours. Superb characters too. Freemans odd with the accent an' all ye know but Billy Bob is a mentalist evil funny bastard.

Super Fun Ya!

Edited by bKb

12 hours ago, bKb said:

Are you watching Fargo the series, I'm half way through the 1st series it's just like the film but lasts for hours+hours. Superb characters too. Freemans odd with the accent an' all ye know but Billy Bob is a mentalist evil funny bastard.

Super Fun Ya!

Yip,watched both series and loved them. As brilliant as Series 1 is, I think Series 2 is even better!

Keep watching...

1 hour ago, MeganCL said:

Batman v Superman was terrible, I really wanted the reviews to be wrong, but they weren't, plus it was about 45 minutes too long into the bargain.

Have to disagree, I enjoyed it.  I thought Ben Affleck was actually quite good as the batsman, plus wonder woman is bang tidy

5 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Have to disagree, I enjoyed it.  I thought Ben Affleck was actually quite good as the batsman, plus wonder woman is bang tidy

Batfleck was alright actually, I hated him less than I expected to, but I just thought the whole film in general was a bit blah. Wasn't impressed.

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night, was starting to get quite bored in the middle, but only for a short time and then the ending was good. Overall, i would say i liked it. Goodman seemed to be a bit simple / a bit psycho, which i guess was the point, so pass marks there too!

The ending/reveal was pretty mental in light of what had gone on before.

7.5/10

On 8 April 2016 at 1:45 PM, fmcc said:

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night, was starting to get quite bored in the middle, but only for a short time and then the ending was good. Overall, i would say i liked it. Goodman seemed to be a bit simple / a bit psycho, which i guess was the point, so pass marks there too!

The ending/reveal was pretty mental in light of what had gone on before.

7.5/10

I need to watch it now, you have lured me in.