No Meltdowns Please

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

If Steve Clarke is interested and we have until the end of the season then we should be using his skills and influence to identify his replacement. However, just with the timing and the current sectarianism issues coming up again I'd be surprised if he wants to extend his stay in the west of Scotland and I'd be surprised if he wants to increase the abuse he is currently getting. They will want him though and big money can change even the strongest minds. Even if the worst were to happen he would get nothing but thanks from me, he's been the best thing to happen to Kilmarnock FC in my lifetime.

Could go either way. Put off by sectarianism or seen as an opportunity to change from within. He already said he has no affiliation with Celtic unlike Brenda who claimed to be a life long fan. Was gutted when the great Tommy Burns left us for them but he was a Celtic man at heart. I think and hope that Stevie’s next job will be in England.

1 hour ago, Big_Killie_Willie said:

Lennon in till end of the season. Think it would be best for both parties if Clarke goes to Celtic in the summer. Very disappointing results recently that need fixed ASAP as this is relegation form at the moment.

This post could break all kinds of downvoting records. 

If Clarke does decide to go there next season then the club has to work hard to get some clarity on it as soon as possible. Replacing Boyd, Stewart, Bachmann, Jones etc is a big job in itself, last thing we want is a protracted manager hunt and someone only appearing just as the season starts. 

I'd like to think he wants another season at Killie to push for Europe, but Celtic would be a huge opportunity that doesn't come up all that often. 

2 hours ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

If indeed Brendan is away to Leicester, lets not start the mass hysteria on here about whether we will lose SC to Glasgow.

I genuinely believe he has no intention of managing another club in Scotland.  Lets have faith that what the man has told us is true

Steve Clarkes Blue And White Army

:hurrah::hurrah::hurrah:

Just heard he’s away. Lebanon’s in till end of season

Part of me is saying SSC will be the next Celtic manager. There’s a lot of me saying not a chance. 

I believe coming to Scotland was a 3year project for him. As we know his wife and family are still down south. Moving to Celtic keeps him away from them for longer. 

The events of last week clearly struck a nerve with him. If he takes the Celtic job that ramps up a million percent and under intense scrutiny. 

Rodgers has been vocal about the direction the club are going in. A new manager at Celtic could find their hands tied though not as badly as at other SPFL clubs. 

Finally he is a great manager there is no disputing that. He doesn’t fit the Celtic mould imo. Aside from Martin O’Neill their recent managers have had a recklessness to them. SSC mentality of being solid and organised with a point not always being a bad result doesn’t fit that mould. 

I honestly think the sectarian issue raised last week will have put him off Celtic. If the grief is bad just now imagine what it would be like of he took over at Celtic. He doesn't want or need the grief, and he knows that too. I would be astounded if he went there, for this issue alone

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

Celtic will approach Kilmarnock I’ve no doubt about that but I can’t see SSC going to the Bigotdome 

id also imagine when SC signed his improved deal the release clause would have been in there, if not already, to ensure Kilmarnock massively benefited financially if anyone in the league came sniffing.

Lennon dances to their tune, and is on Jobseekers just now, given all the dramas of the last few weeks, i just dont see it happening.