Motherwell Match Fred

C4mmy31

3 minutes ago, baz said:

That wasn't the original offer. It was communicated badly but it was never the case. Why would the Club ever suggest they were making a game totally free? That would be financial suicide and has never been done before....for good reason.

They will still have to pay for policing & stewarding etc. Maybe if Well are so magnanimous they will pay half the expenses.

4 hours ago, charlie1 said:

PATG  are being discriminated against any court in the land would uphold that fact !  you cannot allow one section of fans in for free then charge others .that is what is happening here, the £5 is irrelevant to most infact it does not matter if its £20 . the fact is ST holders are getting more than PATG customers .and thats discrimination

Season ticket holders pay up front to see every home league game in its entirety. Not a quarter, not a half, the whole bloody game. They're not getting in free. They've already paid for it. Seems to me that by abandoning the game the club break their contract with PATG customers and should reimburse accordingly. I suppose they can claim force majeure to get out of that though.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's the point, they did!

Did they actually say the voucher would get you in for free? I never heard that and absolutely no one has been able to quote what was said verbatim, everyone has a vague recollection of it. What I heard them say was that you should collect a voucher on the way out and that would get you into the re-arranged fixture. Which it would, if you paid the fiver, which they definitely didn't mention and should have, that was the big mistake, not enough information. I'll be honest I never heard the word free mentioned once, if it was then apologies but word of mouth and vague recollections are not going to stand up in court with all these fans so eager to challenge our club legally, which is strange to say the least. Fecked over by Motherwell and then fecked over by the SPFL and yet we have some kind of obsession with self-flagellation!

Not sure who mentioned it above but you were right that the Club never officially held their hands up to the mistake, I just asked about that and although they have been telling people that directly (me being one) it never went out as a statement or anything so I got that wrong, sorry.

8 minutes ago, baz said:

Did they actually say the voucher would get you in for free? I never heard that and absolutely no one has been able to quote what was said verbatim, everyone has a vague recollection of it. What I heard them say was that you should collect a voucher on the way out and that would get you into the re-arranged fixture. Which it would, if you paid the fiver, which they definitely didn't mention and should have, that was the big mistake, not enough information. I'll be honest I never heard the word free mentioned once, if it was then apologies but word of mouth and vague recollections are not going to stand up in court with all these fans so eager to challenge our club legally, which is strange to say the least. Fecked over by Motherwell and then fecked over by the SPFL and yet we have some kind of obsession with self-flagellation!

Not sure who mentioned it above but you were right that the Club never officially held their hands up to the mistake, I just asked about that and although they have been telling people that directly (me being one) it never went out as a statement or anything so I got that wrong, sorry.

Can collect another ticket for the rearranged game. 

I don't see how there's any confusion there? It says a ticket for the game. Not a discount or anything. An actual ticket. Same was said over the tannoy.

As I said, they've said one thing and done something entirely different. 

Screenshot_20190301-163511_Twitter.jpg

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can collect another ticket for the rearranged game. 

I don't see how there's any confusion there? It says a ticket for the game. Not a discount or anything. An actual ticket. Same was said over the tannoy.

As I said, they've said one thing and done something entirely different. 

Screenshot_20190301-163511_Twitter.jpg

Again, doesn't say free ticket, you normally pay for tickets when you pick them up....we're nit picking here now though...the club were at fault for miscommunication without a doubt...the levels of abuse they are getting about it is hard to fathom though. Saying that, its mostly keyboard warrior stuff and fans of other teams getting a dig in, social media doing its thing. The club had one phone call from a Killie fan and a few from Motherwell enquiring about tickets...that was it. Time to move on and concentrate on getting a big crowd there tomorrow, that's what is important now.

3 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

This was given out at end of match.  It's a ticket.  As a lawyer has mentioned above there is a breach of contract issue here.  Club just need to be open about the error and subsequent handling.

Breach of contract? Are we seriously going down that route? That's just embarrassing. The Facebook numbskulls are at it as well. It's a ticket right enough, hope you enjoy that game against AMT at an unknown date and time, let me know how we got on.

19 minutes ago, baz said:

I just asked about that and although they have been telling people that directly (me being one) it never went out as a statement or anything so I got that wrong, sorry.

Me too - and they did so very politely and eloquently... Which makes it all the stranger they haven't done that publically. 

For context Baz, what frustrates me is that I spent a good bit of time in a queue after the match where all the chat around me was people really pleased with the club for offering us in free for the next game. To go from that, to the pr mess, and no doubt to some confused punters at the turnstiles tomorrow, just feels a real shame. 

If I were the club, I'd have apologised and said the voucher gets you in for the 3 quid price given the circumstances as a gesture of goodwill. 

It's not a matter of abusing the club - but we have to hold them to a certain standard. I'm sure there would be just as much anger on here if Well had done the same to us as this is amongst their fans. 

But you are quite right about moving on. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow and I think that fiver price will bring in a good crowd.

2 minutes ago, baz said:

Again, doesn't say free ticket, you normally pay for tickets when you pick them up....we're nit picking here now though...the club were at fault for miscommunication without a doubt...the levels of abuse they are getting about it is hard to fathom though. Saying that, its mostly keyboard warrior stuff and fans of other teams getting a dig in, social media doing its thing. The club had one phone call from a Killie fan and a few from Motherwell enquiring about tickets...that was it. Time to move on and concentrate on getting a big crowd there tomorrow, that's what is important now.

I think you are stretching credibility too far in saying 'doesn't say free ticket".  The announcer said collect a voucher for the rescheduled match, you can see the tweet Squirrelhumper listed and I've posted a photo of the ticket I was given.  As for only one call, I don't accept that.  I sent a message to the club and I await a response, lots of questions on social media while our communications team seem to have gone home early.

if it was the other way round we would be giving Motherwell pelters.  As I said before we are in a hole and still digging.  Communications and Media staff should have been on this straight away.  This is like something from the MJ school of PR.

33 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

If anyone’s interested Tshibola took over the LeopardLeader Instagram today and posted some videos of behind the scenes at rugby park, he also shows the schedule for training etc. and it notes who’s fit for tomorrow, Taylor, Bruce, S. Boyd and Mulumbu are out

Link

4 hours ago, casual observer said:

I’ve called the club on this matter and they have confirmed they do not expect season ticket holders to keep their seats tomorrow but should leave them in place as there are still many more home fixtures to be played this season so they will be needed again - despite Celtic scum fans attempts to remove all the seats from the away end. 

This seems legit, however I’m sure I read on here that our season was over after the Livi game. Have I been misinformed? I....I mean my friend had planned to go shopping on Saturdays until the new season kicks off. 

13 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Breach of contract? Are we seriously going down that route? That's just embarrassing. The Facebook numbskulls are at it as well. It's a ticket right enough, hope you enjoy that game against AMT at an unknown date and time, let me know how we got on.

Why the abuse?   Embarrassing for club, no one else.  Club messed up big time and has done little to recover.  

2 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

I think you are stretching credibility too far in saying 'doesn't say free ticket".  The announcer said collect a voucher for the rescheduled match, you can see the tweet Squirrelhumper listed and I've posted a photo of the ticket I was given.  As for only one call, I don't accept that.  I sent a message to the club and I await a response, lots of questions on social media while our communications team seem to have gone home early.

if it was the other way round we would be giving Motherwell pelters.  As I said before we are in a hole and still digging.  Communications and Media staff should have been on this straight away.  This is like something from the MJ school of PR.

To be fair I don't think it matters what I say here, some people are justifiably annoyed and will continue to be so, I'm not stretching credibility at all though...I said it doesn't say free ticket and it doesn't say free ticket...do you want me to start making things up and say that it does? On the phone call, you can choose to accept what I say or not, that's your prerogative, I was told there was one call, one very angry call at that giving the office staff verbal abuse, and I have no reason to disbelieve that, what would be the purpose in lying about that? It makes no real difference whether there was one or half a dozen, it's a relatively small number and indicative of just how bothered most fans are. We have been in the other position before, we've never been given free tickets to get in anywhere, and I don't expect that will ever be the case. Motherwell have done the opposite to us before, agreed a discount deal for season ticket holders and then reneged on it when we turned up for a match, they're a fine bunch to be lording it over anyone...they also get away with charging our fans more than their own...they must be within the rules but it's not exactly being fair is it? Have the club arsed up by way of miscommunication? Yes, they certainly have, but given the turn around that has happened at the club of late and the upturn in all things Killie I'm of a mind to cut them some slack here and move on.

I can vaguely remember the last occasion a game was abandoned...no I can't be sure why it was....possibly the poor gent collapsing in the stand. The stewards were giving out vouchers like they were going out of fashion. I remember going to the replay earlier than usual thinking it would be packed out. Attendance was barely up on the postponed game. Think it must have been the apathy season when you couldn't give tickets away.

16 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Why the abuse?   Embarrassing for club, no one else.  Club messed up big time and has done little to recover.  

Let's be honest, threatening legal action against the club over them charging a fiver for a ticket is a wee bit embarrassing. Club messed up, but big time? I don't think so, this is being blown way out of proportion. Some folk just get a bee in their bonnet about something and won't let it go. My biggest worry about Wednesday was the lack of form we were showing on the night.

2 minutes ago, Bob Agg said:

Let's be honest, threatening legal action against the club over them charging a fiver for a ticket is a wee bit embarrassing. Club messed up, but big time? I don't think so, this is being blown way out of proportion. Some folk just get a bee in their bonnet about something and won't let it go. My biggest worry about Wednesday was the lack of form we were showing on the night.

I didn't threaten legal action, I stated that it was a breach of contract, there is a difference..  The club should be aware of this.  We have messed up big time.  Giving out too many free tickets, then saying they were "obsolete" then not making any statements to clarify, apologise or explain.    In recent months the club's communication with fans has been excellent but since Wednesday it has been very poor.

I agree the biggest worry was that on Wednesday night we looked second best a lot of the time.

2 hours ago, baz said:

To be fair I don't think it matters what I say here, some people are justifiably annoyed and will continue to be so, I'm not stretching credibility at all though...I said it doesn't say free ticket and it doesn't say free ticket...do you want me to start making things up and say that it does? On the phone call, you can choose to accept what I say or not, that's your prerogative, I was told there was one call, one very angry call at that giving the office staff verbal abuse, and I have no reason to disbelieve that, what would be the purpose in lying about that? It makes no real difference whether there was one or half a dozen, it's a relatively small number and indicative of just how bothered most fans are. We have been in the other position before, we've never been given free tickets to get in anywhere, and I don't expect that will ever be the case. Motherwell have done the opposite to us before, agreed a discount deal for season ticket holders and then reneged on it when we turned up for a match, they're a fine bunch to be lording it over anyone...they also get away with charging our fans more than their own...they must be within the rules but it's not exactly being fair is it? Have the club arsed up by way of miscommunication? Yes, they certainly have, but given the turn around that has happened at the club of late and the upturn in all things Killie I'm of a mind to cut them some slack here and move on.

In my opinion yours are probably the most sensible and credible posts on this issue and before anybody has a go it is everybody's right to agree or not with the clubs stance in this so if you feel strongly they are wrong then excersise your right to protest by NOT attending if you have to pay. If on the other hand you agree with me its a storm in a teacup and there are more important issues to twist our knickers then turn up tomorrow and support our team to three points. The choice is yours!!

I get Motherwell acting like rats and moaning about paying for entry to a game of football, makes them look good, but I cannot believe the amount of people raging that they have to pay a fiver to watch their own club.  What a bunch of petulant wee schoolgirls, they probably wasted that on sweeties and lipstick at lunchtime.