A View From The Terrace

skygod

• 8 months later...

I watched the first season of this but this season has seen me falling asleep, not watching or fast forwarding through shows.

It's very worthy to concentrate on the lower divisions but listening to four guys discussing the relative merits of Stenhousemuir, Edinburgh City and the rest is too dull for me. 

The filmed segments on small clubs are more interesting but the format of the four presenters has become stale for me. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, skygod said:

It's very worthy to concentrate on the lower divisions but listening to four guys discussing the relative merits of Stenhousemuir, Edinburgh City and the rest is too dull for me. 

I'd listen to that every day of the week over another Old Firm centric love-in that you get everywhere else.

Personally I think it's a great show. A couple of the presenters can be a wee bit annoying at times, but on the whole I really enjoy it.

We really need someone to do Paper Roses at the end of the programme

On 12/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, skygod said:

I watched the first season of this but this season has seen me falling asleep, not watching or fast forwarding through shows.

The filmed segments on small clubs are more interesting but the format of the four presenters has become stale for me. 

Couldn’t disagree more!

I think we’re lucky to have it. Yes some episodes, and individual items, inevitably work better than others. It’s the visual equivalent of a fanzine in a world of glossy ‘match day magazines’
However, if you really want to appreciate how good it is, and why we should treasure it while it’s still with us, just watch Football Focus.