Summer Transfer

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, John Miller said:

Not on Thursday nights showing it isn't, he was pish the same as the rest of the team (apart from Burke)

One game does not make a bad player.

I think Brophy will go to championship level and will do well. He’s got the attributes - pace, tenacity, a good finisher and is very composed.

24 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Higher would be great but no buying club would be daft enough to agree more. Think Celtic had 10% in their deals for wanyama and VVD. Worked out well for them.

I would say 10% is the minimum these days. 

If English and Welsh clubs want players from Scotland on the cheap, the least they can do is agree a healthy sell-on percentage. 

There’s a good chance they will never have to honour it, eg player leaves under freedom of contract, doesn't move for a substantially larger fee etc.  

32 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

One game does not make a bad player.

I think Brophy will go to championship level and will do well. He’s got the attributes - pace, tenacity, a good finisher and is very composed.

It's not just one game though. 

Look at his record scoring goals from open play. 

It won't set your pulse racing 

8 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

A good finisher? xD

Absolutely.

I’m not buying into re-evaluating every player downwards based on one dire performance.

Brophy was tremendous last season, hitting double figures in an injury-hit season playing lone striker. He did it well but it’s not his game. To get the best out him we owe it to him to recruit a number 9 or at the very least a number 10.

6 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

I've not really being paying close attention to our youth team recently, is there anyone there that looks promising enough to maybe get a crack this season? 

I watched them in Springburn last week and have to be honest: no.

Brophy is a good player when he has support up top look at him when Greg Stewart was in the team he has had no service we really need a good no10 to play off brophy he would be a big loss these players got us to where we are we didn’t say that last year on Thursday night I didn’t have a clue what system aa was playing 

24 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Absolutely.

I’m not buying into re-evaluating every player downwards based on one dire performance.

Brophy was tremendous last season, hitting double figures in an injury-hit season playing lone striker. He did it well but it’s not his game. To get the best out him we owe it to him to recruit a number 9 or at the very least a number 10.

Eh? I like brophy and agree with the rest of your summarisation. A good finisher though? Absolutely not, sorry but anyone can hit a penalty

Brophy is a good player. Strong and energetic. Pretty composed finisher. Good at penalties. Lacks a bit of strikers instinct. Goes to ground way to easily. Defo greedy on the ball too.  Really needs a partner to get the best out of him i.e Stewart. Doesn't get himself into enough goalscoring positions for a centre forward.  Actually preferred him playing on the right of the front three with Boyd and Jones two seasons ago. 

Would be very surprised if he makes it in England - above League One anyway. I think he's operating at just about the right level for his quality. That said, if he has the right support,  could see him getting 10-15 goals again this season. Good player for us and we are a good club for him. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

You’re quite comfortable evaluating a manager based on one though.

I don’t think I’ve said that. I have concerns which have been building over the summer in relation to transfer activity, coaching staff composition and rumours of player dissatisfaction.

Watching both 90 minutes, as well as both training games, I feel his leadership qualities are not overly apparent, his awareness of the individual strengths of our players is poor, the plan B non-existent, the tactical assessment of the opposition inadequate and the substitutions baffling.

But I also accept that there are mitigating circumstances for some of this and this could easily just be an inauspicious start to a good job done.

Totally different to Brophy who I have seen having a lot of really positive, committed performances.

3 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Eh? I like brophy and agree with the rest of your summarisation. A good finisher though? Absolutely not, sorry but anyone can hit a penalty

I think his finishing is good but he needs to improve his decision making regarding when to actually shoot.

Last season was really his breakthrough season as the go to guy. He’s still learning.

19 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Horses**t.  We've seen many top players bottle crash when faced with a penalty.

Yes I've also seen Jordan Pickford slam one into the top corner, anyone can hit a penalty. Tavernier scored 14 goals last season from right back, world class eh?

Edited by Killie lad

3 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

If they cover the petrol money, I’ll drive him to Cardiff myself. Fair price as I don’t think his stock will ever be higher as i think he’s had his one and only Scotland cap. Never accept first offer but £1.2 million would do it.

If they are bidding £1.2 million I think they will cover transport costs!

15 hours ago, skygod said:

The good doctor Kenny Deuchar was a lower league goal machine who couldn't do it at higher level.

Rory McAllister has scored hundreds of goals but has never sought to challenge himself at a higher level than Brechin and Peterhead.

Kenny was good for my University football team though, but we played him in midfield. 

Edited by fraz65

Thursday is done and dusted we now need to get some bodies in for the Zombie game.

Whereas in previous years we've waited I don't think Angelo has that luxury this year. We had to get business done early as even somone signing now needs time to bed in.

I'm still 100% behind him but he's put himself under pressure early on, if we lineup with that same team the absolute best result we'd get would be a 0-0 draw with the keeper having to play out his skin. Need a few new faces to lift the place and football is a funny place, win 1st game of the season and it'll be talk of Europe again