Summer Transfer

Craigieboy

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Motherwell have probably done the most, but they have a settled manager/setup that was identifying players from early on. 

There's very few transfers in that are affordable that I'm jealous of.

Halkett at Hearts, but they moved very early and offered big money. Id take Washington that's gone to them too, but he's not an exciting player. 

May and Erwin could very well be the sort of players we are laughing at later when we remember that we were linked, who knows. 

The big shadow looming over this is teams like Salford being able to offer ridiculous wages for players we might be after and Stewart type loans hedging their bets. 

The market we are in is incrediblt tough even when you do have cash. Hearts and Hibs have been able to give big wages last few seasons and both largely signed duds. 

Salford added ex Killie player Martin Smith today. Kyle Letheren signed for them last week. 

Theres a few I’d have liked to see in a Killie jersey have moved to other Scottish clubs. Only one I’m genuinely gutted isn’t with us is Bryson and I’d say that’s got a fair bit of nostalgia attached. 

In the long term we have to start playing the pre contract market. SSC preferred to wait until later in the windows and that worked for him. It doesn’t mean it will continue to work for us. This season especially I believe we’d have benefitted with having new faces in for day one of pre season.

Did the Millar rumour not come from the Daily Record along with the May rumour, we might not even be interested in him or he's unavailable.

I'm worried no doubt about it but it's the social media world that does it to you, constant checking to see if anyone has signed.

This close season has been completely underwhelming, what's happened to the social media output, I know its easier doing that when we're winning but it's almost non existstant now whereas last season it was one of the best in the league?

Also re Lee Erwin, he was one of many that Clarke made in to a player rather than him being a player, not fussed we didn't sign him

36 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Did the Millar rumour not come from the Daily Record along with the May rumour, we might not even be interested in him or he's unavailable.

I'm worried no doubt about it but it's the social media world that does it to you, constant checking to see if anyone has signed.

This close season has been completely underwhelming, what's happened to the social media output, I know its easier doing that when we're winning but it's almost non existstant now whereas last season it was one of the best in the league?

Also re Lee Erwin, he was one of many that Clarke made in to a player rather than him being a player, not fussed we didn't sign him

Agree with all apart from the bottom paragraph.

What about O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Dicker burke McKenzie Brophy and more? 

All those players Clarke made into a player. 

Not arguing but still think Erwin could have offered more than we've got 

2 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Clarke-Salter was one of two young defenders at Chelsea that Lampard had given his blessing to go out on loan, alongside Fikayo Tomori.

kilmarnock still look other centre-back for transfer target 

Steve Clarke's son. I'll take him. 

4 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Just in case we don't make any signings, for those that have watched him, is Innes Cameron ready for 1st team football?

Seems a prospect, but got taught a lesson against CQN, easily pushed around and bossed.

I don't think he was, he won a few headers, one great knock on with nobody moving on to it, took out their centre back from a punt upfield and flicked it on. He did have one poor lay-off in the packed box in injury time and that put him in good company. Very raw but has potential. Shame he wont get a season learning his trade on the training ground with Boyd

11 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Just in case we don't make any signings, for those that have watched him, is Innes Cameron ready for 1st team football?

Seems a prospect, but got taught a lesson against CQN, easily pushed around and bossed.

Who knows what game you were watching last week.

He did well against those animals.

3 minutes ago, Killiesince69 said:

I don't think he was, he won a few headers, one great knock on with nobody moving on to it, took out their centre back from a punt upfield and flicked it on. He did have one poor lay-off in the packed box in injury time and that put him in good company. Very raw but has potential. Shame he wont get a season learning his trade on the training ground with Boyd

I'm probably just looking back through s**te tinted spectacles (figuratively speaking), but my view was that he got manhandled off the ball a couple of times, a bit Millar's first game against Hearts.

(I suppose in that sense, to be fair, I could question whether Brophy is ready for 1st team football as he got very little change out of the 2 centre backs.)

That's heartening if Cameron could be set for a run in the team. 

1 hour ago, Mogwai said:

The question should be whether he's ready for first team premiership football. He played a lot of first team games in League One last year (which is probably about CQNs level) and scored goals.