Summer Transfer

Craigieboy

Our youth setup has been pretty poor for years now, not many players come through and actually make an impact.

But that’s a problem throughout the whole of Scottish football which the SFA choose to ignore then wonder why our national team is such a shambles. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Just heard Iain Wilson has been told to find a new club, don’t know if anyone else has heard this. Hopefully pish talk.

Really disappointing if true. Always felt he was ready made replacement for Dicker and power. just been unlucky not to get a game. Will no doubt excel for another team

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

Really disappointing if true. Always felt he was ready made replacement for Dicker and power. just been unlucky not to get a game. Will no doubt excel for another team

Same was said about o’hara when he left.

I like big Shug. He's never going to get a game ahead of Dicker or Power and probably not ahead of El Makrini, but he's a capable enough back up. Plus can fill in at right back or centre half if needed. I don't think I'll ever forget his winner against Dundee.

Is the plan this season to just have 11 players and hope for the best?

4 hours ago, Mogwai said:

Just in case we don't make any signings, for those that have watched him, is Innes Cameron ready for 1st team football?

Seems a prospect, but got taught a lesson against CQN, easily pushed around and bossed.

In the ten minutes he was on, very harsh. 

Former Kilmarnock target David Wheater has returned to Bolton, with his future still unclear.

The 34-year-old had a trial spell with Killie earlier this summer, and was believed to be open to signing a deal with the Ayrshire club.

But since then Angelo Alessio has strengthened at the back by bringing in Alex Bruce on a one-year deal last week, and already has Kirk Broadfoot and Stuart Findlay at the heart of his defence.

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Was in the hotel at lunch earlier. Players were in at the Caprington suite. There was a big black guy with the squad who I didn’t recognise. Some unit ! maybe on trial ? Or signed pending announcement?

Donervon  Daniels?

Sébastien  Bassong?

Kelvin Wilson?

2 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Was in the hotel at lunch earlier. Players were in at the Caprington suite. There was a big black guy with the squad who I didn’t recognise. Some unit ! maybe on trial ? Or signed pending announcement?

That's the big black muscular forward to play beside Brophy, but nobody believed me. Shot down in a flurry of down votes. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

That's the big black muscular forward to play beside Brophy, but nobody believed me. Shot down in a flurry of down votes. :ph34r:

Downvoted, perhaps for suggesting we discriminated on racial grounds when recruiting!

40 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I heard yesterday there was supposed to be a two signings announced last night but I didn't hear any more, possibly this is one.