Summer Transfer

Craigieboy

Rarher than give fans false hope of new signings manager should be more realistic. He shoukd have come out and said its unlikely any new players will sign before first game but I'm happy with my squad for the moment. We have the core from last year and a few youngsters are pressing for a first team place. Of course we need a bigger squad for the season once injuries and suspensions kick in but our first eleven is still very strong. Instead AA &  Donati say players will be arriving soon which is obviously not true. 

Alternatively he will sign someone last min and start them in the next game. 

31 minutes ago, piffer said:

Ah the old Lee Clark squad bingo. Sign on the eve of the game and start the next day

Push it even further. Was it Locke who signed Balatoni? We weren't even linked with him, we certainly didn't announce his signing, just out of nowhere he appeared on a teamsheet one day.

The concern for me isn't just the lack of signings, but its the way we've been told for a while that stuff is going on in the background.

So why are deals not getting done? We should have more money than last year, and you'd think we wouldn't be too adventurous with our targets, so theres something else not getting these deals over the line. 

Think the lack of signings and the loss of the chief executive are related.

Perhaps the manager was not being supported with signings through either the lack of a well developed list of possibilities through scouting/contacts, or the failure to get deals across the line through negotiations.

Edited by Alasdair

4 hours ago, Graeme S said:

Rarher than give fans false hope of new signings manager should be more realistic. He shoukd have come out and said its unlikely any new players will sign before first game but I'm happy with my squad for the moment. We have the core from last year and a few youngsters are pressing for a first team place. Of course we need a bigger squad for the season once injuries and suspensions kick in but our first eleven is still very strong. Instead AA &  Donati say players will be arriving soon which is obviously not true. 

Alternatively he will sign someone last min and start them in the next game. 

Steve Clarke gave an explanation to the fans last year that most of the business would be done towards the end of the transfer window.

This didn’t stop the forum going into meltdown during August over the lack of signings however.

I remember someone suggested it about Clarke at one point could it be true of AA. Is the manager trying to shop in the wrong market for a club like Killie. Has he set his sights too high and targets just aren’t achievable?

Edited by piffer