Summer Transfer

Craigieboy

38 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

13 days to we play one half of the bigots. We've signed a reserve goalkeeper, resigned a backup centerhalf and a defensive midfielder. One recognised striker in the squad . And folk are still saying " give him time, still have time " blah blah blah. We all aren't qualified coaches but most killie fans can see quite clearly we are in dire need of 

1. Another center half

2 playmaking midfielder

3. Winger ( or 2 )

4. 2 maybe 3 striking options. 

Even if we do sign say at least half that, where and when do they play into the team as there is no competitive or friendly games on the horizon. Utter shambles , every single club has strengthened. 

But then we have time lol

I agree, however I reckon the main issue comes from the fact that numbers 2 to 4 are basically the three most sought after positions for player acquisitions.

As a result I would guess they are the most difficult, and probably expensive, to get hold of.

While I'm losing patience as much as the next guy, I imagine this will be a bit of a slow burner.

43 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

13 days to we play one half of the bigots. We've signed a reserve goalkeeper, resigned a backup centerhalf and a defensive midfielder. One recognised striker in the squad . And folk are still saying " give him time, still have time " blah blah blah. We all aren't qualified coaches but most killie fans can see quite clearly we are in dire need of 

1. Another center half

2 playmaking midfielder

3. Winger ( or 2 )

4. 2 maybe 3 striking options. 

Even if we do sign say at least half that, where and when do they play into the team as there is no competitive or friendly games on the horizon. Utter shambles , every single club has strengthened. 

But then we have time lol

To be fair though, we were in an almost identical position before the Rangers league Cup game last year.... Even with Clarke and all the momentum he had built up. 

Stewart and Tish came in later. We'd have been as well not having Ndjoli... 

Even with an incredible manager these signings are not easy, and guys like that are likely to wait until the English window shuts to assess options. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few English/Italian Stewart equivalents are interested by weighing up options. 

Just now, skygod said:

He's posing for a photo with a young girl.

He's too much of a gent to bare his tortured soul (if indeed it is).

Alex Dyers Tortured Soul (2019) - 12 soul hits on a brand new vinyl pressing, available in all good record shops 

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

If we got a million for Brophy and a million for SOD, the resulting 2.5million (includes saved wages) could fund a right back, midfielder, winger and striker on three year contracts at 200k a year. A step up in quality surely. And we still would have the rest of the unspent budget to play with fo another couple of forwards. 

There is zero chance we'll blow open the wage structure like that.

Still time to do business but probably more worryinly behind the scenes had we beaten Connays Quah we'd have been going in to the Belgrade game with the exact same squad, you could argue we had enough to beat Connays but we definetly don't have enough to beat Partizan.

The close season has been a disaster no doubt about it from transfers, friendlies on the new pitch, the strip etc. that would have been problems with or without angelo , Clarke however also done most of his business late but he didn't have the same pressure on him (that rangers league cup game if played a few weeks late I'm sure we'd have won)