Johnston bought out by Bowie

Flood

5 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Nothings ever perfect and the road to redemption is fraught with ills but I for one  am raising a glass in NYC for the next step  on the way back and I’m sure the Hippo in Tenerife is doing the same. I grudge every penny the pariah got but he’s gone now so let’s move on but never forget.

baz

Wish you would tell me when you are in NY! Killie TV tomorrow I hope.

9 hours ago, Travis said:

Absolutely, and we shouldn’t underestimate the challenge. I started following Killie under the Fleetings - we felt like a genuinely welcoming, ambitious family club rooted in our community, and it was brilliant. Beyond brilliant actually. I was chuffed to be the only kid in a North Ayrshire school wearing a Killie strip in a sea of Celtic shirts. 

I became a season ticket holder for years, I racked up seasons without missing games home, away and abroad. 

Then it felt like we’d had any sense of identity ripped right out of the club. It was a really strange experience for me - I struggled to recognise the club I’d had this relationship with for years when all my family and friends supported a ‘big’ team. Killing that takes a hell of an effort - and so does winning it back. 

Om that note, every single employee, player, member of the coaching team etc were all absolutely amazing with my son last week. Despite living away from Ayrshire they’ve helped cement Killie in the heart of one wee eight-year-old. Massive thanks to every one of them, they were brilliant!

:o Who the f**k are you and why are you copying my life ? 

- home and away in the lower leagues ? Tick

- only kid in an Ayrshie  school with Killie strip among the Celtic ones ? Tick

- moved away, attending less ? Tick

- getting it back via an 8 year old son (who is the only kid in Broughty Ferry with a Killie strip :hurrah:) ? Tick

Co-incidence is one thing, but if you start saying you are incredibly handsome and extremely well endowed then I'll know you're just my doppelgänger.

2 hours ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

:o Who the f**k are you and why are you copying my life ? 

- home and away in the lower leagues ? Tick

- only kid in an Ayrshie  school with Killie strip among the Celtic ones ? Tick

- moved away, attending less ? Tick

- getting it back via an 8 year old son (who is the only kid in Broughty Ferry with a Killie strip :hurrah:) ? Tick

Co-incidence is one thing, but if you start saying you are incredibly handsome and extremely well endowed then I'll know you're just my doppelgänger.

I mean, I am pretty damn handsome and well endowed certainly. The good news is that I’m living the same life as you just down the road in Stirling where my eight-year-old is regularly the only kid in town with Killie gear. 

Like everyone on here devastated that he’s walked away with a pocketful of cash. I’ll certainly only remember him for his loathing of the local community, and causing so many companies to turn their backs on the club. Today is hopefully another new dawn in the history of our club. Billy Bowie is moving the club in the right direction and there’s so much more positivity. Add that to the turnaround on the park under Sir Steve and I’m a happy fan. Hopefully some of the investors who were waiting in the wings will now show us the colour of their money, or was that all talk ? Excited for the big game today. Song for today should be “Ding dong the wicked witch is dead” :D

15 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Excited for the big game today. Song for today should be “Ding dong the wicked witch is dead” :D

Be careful with that one. Worth remembering that a major part of the reason he left was the death of his wife. We are all delighted he has gone but a dignified class has to be maintained. Football fans are fair game to all and sundry at the moment and perhaps MJ would take one last parting shot at the Killie fans if their actions were taken the wrong way. 

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Be careful with that one. Worth remembering that a major part of the reason he left was the death of his wife. We are all delighted he has gone but a dignified class has to be maintained. Football fans are fair game to all and sundry at the moment and perhaps MJ would take one last parting shot at the Killie fans if their actions were taken the wrong way. 

Was that not years ago ? Personally don’t see how that could be linked.

MJ never cared about the club. That was obvious to anyone. All he cared about was his status, his reputation and his income stream. 

Was fully responsible for one of the most disgraceful acts in the club history when he, and he alone, abstained from the Sevco vote defying the will of the fans. He could never accept nor understand that the fans are the club. That act stopped me buying a season ticket for several years. 

Delighted he has gone and shouldn’t ever be invited back to attend a match at RP under any circumstances. He should be left to his golf club. 

He presumably still owns the “Killie” trademarks, so what’s the situation with stuff like Killie Pies/contract for pie stalls, Young Killie etc? Don’t think it’s as simple as burnt bridges being instantly repaired and him being entirely being gone.

7 minutes ago, aumgn said:

He presumably still owns the “Killie” trademarks, so what’s the situation with stuff like Killie Pies/contract for pie stalls, Young Killie etc? Don’t think it’s as simple as burnt bridges being instantly repaired and him being entirely being gone.

I don’t think he will have the intellectual rights to the Killie trademark , this pre dated his tenure 

20 minutes ago, aumgn said:

Surely the club owns these?

Or did the Parasite buy them for his own benefit?  I wouldn't have thought that would have been allowed.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Absolutely, great he has gone but sad it took the passing of his wife to do it. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic said:

Interesting timing of the share transfer, given that it was exactly 5 years after the bank wrote off a big chunk of debt. I think that there was always speculation that there would be a time limit on MJ being able to offload his shares.

There was no speculation... MJ said himself he had to hold them until 2019.