Steve Clarke

Guff92

Note to self: If Killie win the title within the next few years and play in Champions League, and a statue to the newly-knighted Sir Stevie Clarke really is erected, I must send the link back to Daily Record congratulating them on getting a story right.

54 minutes ago, Jon said:

Note to self: If Killie win the title within the next few years and play in Champions League, and a statue to the newly-knighted Sir Stevie Clarke really is erected, I must send the link back to Daily Record congratulating them on getting a story right.

It would certainly be a first for them

The reality is that Steve Clarke might not be fashionable enough for these bigger Championship clubs. He’s been outstanding for us, his coaching credentials are first class but his managerial record in England is arguably above average but not more.

As a Fulham regular for a few seasons I would be delighted to see him appointed* but that’s more from his time at Killie.

*obviously I DON’T actually want SC to leave under any circumstances.

Edited by NorfolkG

11 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Immediate favourite for the QPR job.

2 x London jobs now beckoning....

Not like you to talk utter s**te, I don't think I've ever seen you post other than to get a reaction off folk.

10 hours ago, Marshall said:

Tim sherwood quoted 1/5 favourite ,SSC at25/1 with Betvictor ,looks like we are okay with this one.

1 hour ago, Pompey Exile said:

These clubs really do have no imagination when it comes to picking their next manager. Just plug one off the roundabout

Don’t agree. 

Sherwood hasn’t managed since leaving Villa over three years ago and Ainsworth is an interesting shout. He’s been at Wycombe for six or seven years and has done a good job. 

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Seems to me Alex Dyer is getting a more prominent role these days. Being prepared for the successsion? 

either you have not been paying attention .......... or just on another wind up post 

SC has been unwell recently and AD took the press briefings --anyhow at lots of clubs the Assistant does occasionally do the pre game and post game interviews for various reasons