Steve Clarke

Guff92

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Allan McGregor (Rangers); James Tavernier(Rangers), Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Craig Halkett (Livingston); Callum McGregor (Celtic), Scott Brown(Celtic), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen); James Forrest (Celtic), Alfredo Morelos (Rangers), Ryan Kent (Rangers).

Not a single Killie player ..... how is this possible?

Institutional bias.

I’m not saying Killie players should be in all those positions but seriously. Ajer, Boyata, Brown, Shinnie? The three Celtic players in particular have had longish spells out of the side. Shinnie isn’t even the best midfielder in the Aberdeen side. 

As this is the players award I believe a lot of the players remember playing Killie pre the current set up and honestly think “I’m as good as him” without acknowledging the players improvement. So they vote for the manager and give less credit to the players as is shown in the votes. A part time old firm player must be better than a consistent maestro based in Ayrshire.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire_greasemonkey said:

As this is the players award I believe a lot of the players remember playing Killie pre the current set up and honestly think “I’m as good as him” without acknowledging the players improvement. So they vote for the manager and give less credit to the players as is shown in the votes.

The managers, not the players, vote for MOTY.

Great news for Sir Steve .... although it wouldn't be possible without the rest of the backroom staff and the players .... it really is a team award and is fully justified.

However to have no-one in the team of the year is a travesty. 

Boyata ??? .... REALLY????     SHINNIE ...... WTF ?????

Liewell and Willie Miller must've picked it between themselves ..... Findlay has been better than Boyata all season, and Power or Dicker piss all over that sheep shaggin prick.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Allan McGregor (Rangers); James Tavernier(Rangers), Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Craig Halkett (Livingston); Callum McGregor (Celtic), Scott Brown(Celtic), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen); James Forrest (Celtic), Alfredo Morelos (Rangers), Ryan Kent (Rangers).

You kind of get numb to the bias....kind of! Is there a sportswriters team of the year ? Would like to think that would be more balanced and reflective of the best players ?

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I’m not saying Killie players should be in all those positions but seriously. Ajer, Boyata, Brown, Shinnie? The three Celtic players in particular have had longish spells out of the side. Shinnie isn’t even the best midfielder in the Aberdeen side. 

A lot if them are just a joke, especially Boyata. Power should have been a certainty given the sheer number of MoM performances he has put in. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

A lot if them are just a joke, especially Boyata. Power should have been a certainty given the sheer number of MoM performances he has put in. 

Power, Taylor and Findlay for me on consistency and high level of performance would be in the team of the year. IMO Bachmann and Bain are the best keepers in the division but the boy Kelly at Livi has had a superb season. Naismith has been outstanding but injured a lot. Ferguson at Aberdeen has been a lot better than Shinnie IMO. 

We're always going to be biased towards Killie players because we watch them every week. 

The only other time most people would watch Boyata or McGregor would be in high profile games when they are more likely to be given a significant test. 

I would be surprised if Alan Power's level of performance was as good against a decent European side or in a high octane Old Firm match. 

Judging the performance of Power or Dicker against St Mirren and comparing them to, for example, Scott Brown in Europe is never going to be a fair comparison.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

How do they select it? Is it simply the 1 to 11 that got the most nominations for POTY?  Would explain why all 4 nominees are in there.

18 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We're always going to be biased towards Killie players because we watch them every week. 

The only other time most people would watch Boyata or McGregor would be in high profile games when they are more likely to be given a significant test. 

I would be surprised if Alan Power's level of performance was as good against a decent European side or in a high octane Old Firm match. 

Judging the performance of Power or Dicker against St Mirren and comparing them to, for example, Scott Brown in Europe is never going to be a fair comparison.

So a guy who only played half a season deserves to be in team of the YEAR..... aye right you are.

3 hours ago, IMO said:

You kind of get numb to the bias....kind of! Is there a sportswriters team of the year ? Would like to think that would be more balanced and reflective of the best players ?

I think the sportswriters would be even worse tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Suspect the other players are just jealous they can't play for the best management team in Scotland, run by the best directors in Scotland in front of the best family orientated home and away support in Scotland and most of them won't get the chance to play in Europe next season!! 

It's a tragedy.