Steve Clarke

Guff92

10 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

horrible!

As before, I would be astounded if Clarke was not the clear first choice for the role. He had been transformational, with limited resources. It’s a triumph for coaching rather than plundering the market in a random fashion. International football relies on exactly what he has demonstrated better than any other candidate. Improving existing players and creating a strong team bond. What’s not to like? I wouldn’t be surprised I’d someone in the sfa has leaked such a sentiment that’s driving down the odds.

Question is, however, will he take the job? I think he will be flattered but on balance will turn it down. Maybe after being interviewed. I think his desire to go to England is better served by staying a final year and building on what he has achieved here  than gambling on the Scotland job. Another progressive year with killie and top championship clubs and lower end premier teams must come calling. There will be more of a penalty fee associated with terminating a national contract than ( what appears to be) the flexible contract with killie.

Of course, there is the money. We can’t compete but would not be surprised if his contract with killie is further improved and made even more flexible in terms of opt outs for the next year. “Go stevie when a club meeting certain criteria is met”. I think this is the best outcome for both parties ( not Scotland for sure).

2 minutes ago, Last Atari Moron said:

Unfortunately I can see another incident of sectarian stuff towards SSC this weekend. 

I think the odds on that would be even shorter than 1/10 on tbh.

SevCo fans will be coming hell bent on causing trouble knowing that, as ever, it will be ignored by the cops, stewards and their pals in the media. 

The Scottish FA are poised to choose a new manager within the next 48 hours, with three candidates in the frame.

Kilmarnock's Steve Clarke and Scotland under-21 coach Scot Gemmill are joined by Aberdeen's Derek McInnes on the Scottish FA's shortlist.

Aberdeen vice-chairman Dave Cormack said on Wednesday that McInnes would stay at the Pittodrie club, but he remains in contention for the vacancy.

And the Scottish FA have spoken to Kilmarnock about Clarke.

Sunderland manager Jack Ross had also been under consideration.

The Scottish FA are eager to make an appointment quickly, with the squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers with Cyprus and Belgium due to be announced in less than a fortnight.

Coincidentally, Clarke will be at Hampden on Thursday for a disciplinary meeting following his comments about referee Steven McLean last month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48284607

5 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Now 1/10 to be next Scotland manager! This is horrible!

5 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Now 1/10 to be next Scotland manager! This is horrible!

Hoping this price only indicates that Steve is their preferred option. He keeps his cards close to his chest does oor gaffer.

Doubt if he’s given much away that would indicate whether he would take it.

Either way we’ll find out soon. I still think he would turn it down. 

Unfortunately I don't think the fact he lives in england and has stated he will return there some day will be a major factor in his decision after all Strachan still lives in england and he managed to do the job it all comes down to SC and if he thinks this might be his last chance to manage his country and if he does go then our great club can feel a sense of pride in helping him get it!

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

Unfortunately I don't think the fact he lives in england and has stated he will return there some day will be a major factor in his decision after all Strachan still lives in england and he managed to do the job it all comes down to SC and if he thinks this might be his last chance to manage his country and if he does go then our great club can feel a sense of pride in helping him get it!

Got to agree with you 

The thing is when they lose their next x amount of games or get daft draws fail to get to that stupid nations thing and end up near bottom of the euro group ssc will get sacked and the press will say the job he did here was a flash in the pan -----surely he's cleverer than to take that f**king job 

9 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

The club need to make a statement...….this is pish!!!!

Why should they ? ...At the moment it seems it's just internet chatter , the fluctuations of bookie odds and press rumours ....we have an important game few days away and I'm sure SC and all at our club are more focused on that

.....IF and when any official offer for SC comes in from Scotland or any other interested Club then our Club may want to make official comment ......but it should be no surprise to anyone that SC will be high on candidates for a lot of positions .....decision will be his 

He has done an incredible job for us and just hope we see him stay on for a Cup winning season next year ...