Steve Clarke

Guff92

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Delighted to hear Lord Dyer wants to stay on. I was under impression his family was all down south also, is that not the case?

I would love Dyer to fill the role but after previous assistants making the step up I’m a little bit worried about him being the main man. 

In an ideal world I’d want someone like Strachan to come in with Dyer staying on. We can’t go for the cheap option here as we have previously or it will undo the great work the team and Clarke have done. The club has been transformed!

Please no re Strachan. He's an absolute diddy. Makes the odd funny comment to the media though. 

14 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

SC was correct to ask AD to do the press conference as he knew that all the questions would be about either the Ban or the Scotland Job.  Let him concentrate his thoughts on getting the team in the right frame of mind to win Aunday's game.

If SC had done the presser it would have been wall to wall Scotland job questions. Even fielding AD it is difficult to get the press to focus on the game.

Mcisny just ruled himself out on the bbc page. Looks a step closer to the inevitable.

I would understand if he goes. When you weigh up his family commitments and what he has always said about his next move, I think the Scotland job is a good fit. He'll leave with an absolute legacy at Kilmarnock, he'll get to see his family more, and once the dust has settled we will be happy to at least still have him influencing Scottish football and hopefully getting the national team to somewhere decent. 

Still, nothing for sure yet.

Edited by Taggyfc24992

If Clarke has any say in the timing, and it doesn’t get ‘leaked’ by the bungle merchants at the SFA, I’d be surprised if we hear prior to Sunday.

Clarke, I assume, will be keen to keep focussed on one of the biggest games of our season. 

3 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

If we win (or match/better Sheeps result vs Hibs), finish 3rd and qualify for Europe I genuinely cannot see SC leaving I really can't.

It's very likely the team that finishes 4th will qualify for Europe anyway.

I really can't see Hearts winning the cup final.  They're not a good side and have a poor record in Glasgow this season.

34 minutes ago, RAG said:

It's very likely the team that finishes 4th will qualify for Europe anyway.

I really can't see Hearts winning the cup final.  They're not a good side and have a poor record in Glasgow this season.

If we finish 4th it would be so bloody typical that they would wheel out Naisy and win 1-0. I don't think Celtic, especially under Lennon) winning the cup is a guarantee.

11 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

SSC will speak to the sell out crowd on Sunday after we pump the rangers and state he has signed a new 2 year deal.

It's possible that the board have offered him a bumper pay rise and contract to entice him to stay and ward off prospective suitors. 

If he did choose to leave at some point then suitable compensation would have to be paid.