Steve Clarke

Guff92

1 minute ago, Killieboykfc said:

Aye good point - keep this thread about Clarke.

What better way to replace SC than to get the guy that he taught everything to ;)

I am sure he will be odds on tomorrow! 

I just want Sunday over now, Europe guarenteed and then I can go into Hibernation and mourn haha 

1 minute ago, 19snickers88 said:

Can someone please request that we play Flower of Scotland at the game on Sunday......Too soon? 

Step away from your bevy bro!  You might start a riot on Sunday in both the hun and Killie ends wi that playlist!!!

5 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

Do you not sing 'Ayr Ayr feck yer Ayr'?

Not really, but I’ve sung it in my lifetime for sure. But I think I’d say, if we were lining up against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, it wouldn’t be the first song I’d think of.

4 minutes ago, 19snickers88 said:

Scotland the Brave?

This is Burns country brave 'nickers.  Is there for honest poverty - commonly known as "A Man's a Man for A' That" is more appropriate under the circumstances -  before both Scotland and Killie games under any circumstances!!!

Like SC I'm a bit old school..

3 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Not really, but I’ve sung it in my lifetime for sure. But I think I’d say, if we were lining up against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, it wouldn’t be the first song I’d think of.

Fair play. I think all of us have lost a bit of connection with the national team, so (although massive kick in the stanes) possibly SSC can reignite a bit of passion.

5 minutes ago, RAG said:

This is Burns country brave 'nickers.  Is there for honest poverty - commonly known as "A Man's a Man for A' That" is more appropriate under the circumstances -  before both Scotland and Killie games under any circumstances!!!

Like SC I'm a bit old school..

Not a bad choice mate - a good song and a good poem. I do think we should sing a Scottish song to wish him well. I am gutted like everyone else but I still think he deserves our gratitude for all he has done. 

7 minutes ago, RAG said:

Good shout bro. KTID.

Belter of a choice, the man will walk on to the park (15 minutes after FT due to his ban) and I am sure he will address the fans head on and say he is leaving, he is a man that will have wanted to say it himself. It is going to be a long weekend.

If he stays or if he goes what SSC has given to Killie fans will never be forgotten. Forever "the Clarke years"  This has been the best 20 months or so of watching Killie since the 60's.

Rugby Park is the place to be tomorrow. A win followed by SSC addressing the crowd by saying " to start with I will be here next season to lead the team into Europe" and the place will erupt!! Here's hoping...

The report in the Scum does not say anything we didn’t already know. There are no ”quotes” from anyone in position at the SFA so it is just pure conjecture. I think we all know and agree that SSC is going to be Scotland manager so it is no real surprise. For me, this is not the SFA’s fault, but the tabloid just trying to get a ‘scoop’ for their numpty readers.

Remember the leak may not have come from the SFA, if there was a leak. The rag has an ‘insider’ at our club who does a column for them. Who knows if there was even a leak at all as we all know that this scum of a newspaper makes up stories all the time.

I wish Steve all the best and he goes with my thanks for giving me two seasons of being proud of Killie. Celebrate what he has done and do not mourn what we have lost.. or maybe about to lose.

All that should be said, if it’s true, is thank you very much Steve Clarke. 

You’ve made the last two years absolutely magic and reminded us all why we love the football. 

So best of luck with the national team, and most importantly, f*ck the SFA. 

Best of luck with that pantomime.  Wish him well but won’t change my lack of interest in the national team at all.  Disappointed for SSC actually.  Surely proved he has the ability to manage at a higher level, this is almost semi retirement.  Can’t see how his talents of making players better will translate into seeing (those who can be arsed or allowed to turn up) for 2 days, 6 times a year.  Frustrating for him when Liverpool’s Dr diagnoses a severe case of ‘couldn’t give a f**k’ for Andy Robertson, two days before a Tuesday night in Vilnius.  Suddenly for him to be available on Saturday for a trip to Burnley.  

Anyway, loved the last few seasons, hopefully we get someone in to continue this resurgence.  Thanks for everything SSC.

He has only been in the door 1 and a half seasons, got us to our highest league position and possibly Europe then leaves. Everybody allowed there opinion and I think it stinks. He has slated the sfa since came into Scottish game, now he wants to work for them. Great for Scotland but for me I am bitter and we will now have 6 weeks of rumours and speculation about who next manager will be and not even have time to bring in players and staff for the qualifiers if we get there. For me if he goes its put a bad twist to the end of a wonder 1 and half years. If he does go then cant see having liked of quality as mulmbu there next year. Just my opinion so, don't bash the comment lol.

8 minutes ago, Snoddy said:

Frustrating for him when Liverpool’s Dr diagnoses a severe case of ‘couldn’t give a f**k’ for Andy Robertson, two days before a Tuesday night in Vilnius.  Suddenly for him to be available on Saturday for a trip to Burnley.  

That's alright. Remember. Taylor has been getting bummed up about being ready for a scotland cap...

My only concern is SC has had to deal with the incompetence of the SFA for just short of 2 years and seen first hand how s**t and biased they are towards the infirm 2, so I just can’t get my head round why you would agree to work for them. It’s madness