Steve Clarke

Guff92

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

The report in the Scum does not say anything we didn’t already know. There are no ”quotes” from anyone in position at the SFA so it is just pure conjecture. I think we all know and agree that SSC is going to be Scotland manager so it is no real surprise. For me, this is not the SFA’s fault, but the tabloid just trying to get a ‘scoop’ for their numpty readers.

Remember the leak may not have come from the SFA, if there was a leak. The rag has an ‘insider’ at our club who does a column for them. Who knows if there was even a leak at all as we all know that this scum of a newspaper makes up stories all the time.

I wish Steve all the best and he goes with my thanks for giving me two seasons of being proud of Killie. Celebrate what he has done and do not mourn what we have lost.. or maybe about to lose.

The top media guy at the SFA used to work for the sun. A little bit of a coincidence if you ask me. 

I wake a tiny more optimistic than I went to bed last night. There is a further article in the Scotsman but this talks about “ expected” to be confirmed. This is no real surprise. I was convinced that he would be offered the job. He has. To make a decision you need to know salary, length of contract, relocation options etc. I’m sure all this has been clarified. This seems to have been partially leaked. The potential employer can think it’s done and dusted but while a contract is left unsigned ( this is the key) there will be lots of emotions ( Sunday would add) and opportunity for Bowie to discuss. I honestly believe this is a tough decision. I’ll keep hoping until we see something from the club.

3 minutes ago, Lroy said:

At the end of the day, I think he's made a mistake. International football is dying and Scotland are a lame duck. But, this is the face of a man who made me honestly believe for a while that we could win a league title. He's taken a team from years of mediocrity to being on the brink of a European campaign and a 3rd place finish in less than 2 years. Billy Bowie has already said he knows knows money needs to be spent on a good manager. The club has changed and it is down to Steve Clarke; now, we have ambition. I don't want Steve to be our best ever manager, I want it to be our next manager, then our next manager, then our next. I want Steve Clarke to be our Genesis.

Untitled-2.png.804124e2827dc3bb948908cd2d610140.png

Profound. 

If it’s true and he is off then firstly to him. Thank you! You have given me the best two seasons of my life supporting killie. Having spent a few seasons in the absolute wilderness under Locke and Johnston etc. Having gone to all those games and suffered the dross on show to now is a phenomenal revival. He’s beaten every team in the country in our name. He’s challenged anyone who has come after us and backed us to the end. That game away at Tynecastle two weeks ago will live with me forever. The celebration was the best I have ever seen when Stuart Findlay scored. We loved it and so did Clarke. He is always welcome here. He is sheer class and a man of his word. Absolute hero at this club. I genuinely wish him all the best in the Scotland role and have no doubt he will end up being successful. 

Moving forward the board and fans must stick together and remember that we will still be here. Make sure club bring a suitable replacement and continue the good fight. Squad is still good and we are a much more attractive job than we were before. 

Thanks for the memories Steve regardless what happens. 

1 minute ago, Lroy said:

At the end of the day, I think he's made a mistake. International football is dying and Scotland are a lame duck. But, this is the face of a man who made me honestly believe for a while that we could win a league title. He's taken a team from years of mediocrity to being on the brink of a European campaign and a 3rd place finish in less than 2 years. Billy Bowie has already said he knows knows money needs to be spent on a good manager. The club has changed and it is down to Steve Clarke; now, we have ambition. I don't want Steve to be our best ever manager, I want it to be our next manager, then our next manager, then our next. I want Steve Clarke to be our Genesis.

My feelings exactly. Loved the last two seasons since SC came in . Wish him well but it’s all about us now and crucially what we do now to build on our renaissance. 

Be interesting BBs Monday meeting he hinted at. Wonder if or if not the agenda has changed. Ktid 

5 minutes ago, Lroy said:

But Genesis was a collection of moanin' faced old gifts after Genius Gabriel saw the light ?

Well it looks like the inevitable has happened and best of luck to Steve Clarke.He took us to the top of the league ,beating both the infirm ,increased our crowds and improved players beyond belief .He will be sorely missed but it's not the end ,he has left us in a far better position than when he came here and Killie will be an attractive position now .Thanks for all your work Steve and you will always be a hero to the Killie support 

1 hour ago, grantyboy said:

He has only been in the door 1 and a half seasons, got us to our highest league position and possibly Europe then leaves. Everybody allowed there opinion and I think it stinks. He has slated the sfa since came into Scottish game, now he wants to work for them. Great for Scotland but for me I am bitter and we will now have 6 weeks of rumours and speculation about who next manager will be and not even have time to bring in players and staff for the qualifiers if we get there. For me if he goes its put a bad twist to the end of a wonder 1 and half years. If he does go then cant see having liked of quality as mulmbu there next year. Just my opinion so, don't bash the comment lol.

Yup, understand your sentiment mate, feel a bit like that myself......if it's true......

His family life seems very important to him.

There are a few positives with the Scotland job.

More money. 

He can stay closer to his family.

If he does well it is probably an easier stepping stone to a job in England given previous evidence of National  Managers who have done well.

Drawbacks. Less day to day interaction with players.

For all we know he might have insisted in overhauling all first team related matters at the SFA as he holds all the cards at present.

This might be his only chance to be the Scotland Manager.

He was going to leave at some point and if he is leaving I’d rather he stayed involved in Scottish football so the Scotland job is the best of of a bad situation.

Standing back from the emotion of it in the past any other Killie Manager would have accepted the Scotland job so we can’t be too hard on Clarke for accepting it if he does.

4 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

His family life seems very important to him.

There are a few positives with the Scotland job.

More money. 

He can stay closer to his family.

If he does well it is probably an easier stepping stone to a job in England given previous evidence of National  Managers who have done well.

Drawbacks. Less day to day interaction with players.

For all we know he might have insisted in overhauling all first team related matters at the SFA as he holds all the cards at present.

This might be his only chance to be the Scotland Manager.

He was going to leave at some point and if he is leaving I’d rather he stayed involved in Scottish football so the Scotland job is the best of of a bad situation.

Standing back from the emotion of it in the past any other Killie Manager would have accepted the Scotland job so we can’t be too hard on Clarke for accepting it if he does.

Agreed.

At the end of the day it is what it is. 

This guy has taken us and given us our pride back. With the people in charge at the club im more than optimistic for the future. 

The only thing that sticks in the craw is the way this has been handled by the sfa. Absolutely no need for it to be done this weekend and shows the contempt they hold their member teams in. f**k them! 

To those holding out hope that The  Sun has made all this up, the story was in The Scotsman too last night. 

To those trusting in BB to do the right thing - don’t forget he is still a novice in the football business.

The board has done lots of good things at an operational, fan-pleasing level but recruiting a manager is another level of test. 

You can do all your homework and still get it horribly wrong, or stick a pin at a list of names and get lucky. 

Let’s hope we get lucky. 

To SC - thanks for all the hard work and the transformation in performances, professionalism and ambition levels.

I wish you well in the new job but will continue to have little interest in Scotland (or international football in general). 

To everybody else - keep the faith. We are Killie! 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

To those holding out hope that The  Sun has made all this up, the story was in The Scotsman too last night. 

To those trusting in BB to do the right thing - don’t forget he is still a novice in the football business.

The board has done lots of good things at an operational, fan-pleasing level but recruiting a manager is another level of test. 

You can do all your homework and still get it horribly wrong, or stick a pin at a list of names and get lucky. 

Let’s hope we get lucky. 

To SC - thanks for all the hard work and the transformation in performances, professionalism and ambition levels.

I wish you well in the new job but will continue to have little interest in Scotland (or international football in general). 

To everybody else - keep the faith. We are Killie! 

While I agree with your comments about Bowie being a novice, he is coming across as a proactive fast learner. His - and fellow directors’ - actions in the past year give me hope that the club will continue to progress and that a good appointment will be made.

Its the difference of having successful business people at the helm rather than an inert vanity-tripper.

1 hour ago, Lroy said:

And now we have ambition

now we’ve come out from the dark

youll never take the killie

the boys from rugby park

just a thought..

great post