Steve Clarke

Guff92

16 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Evening Times reporting Clarke is to be appointed next Scotland Manager. What a waste...….. 

A waste how?

I'd rather he stayed, but if I was a football manager then the Scotland job would probably be up there as the top job going. I'm sure he would view it as a great privilege and back himself to do a job. 

11 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

A waste how?

I'd rather he stayed, but if I was a football manager then the Scotland job would probably be up there as the top job going. I'm sure he would view it as a great privilege and back himself to do a job. 

I agree. It’s a terrific job with a massively underachieving squad. If I’m him, I’m taking it, even if I have to work with that shower in the SFA.

We have a brilliant club at Kilmarnock but the Scotland job is a great opportunity.

10 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I agree. It’s a terrific job with a massively underachieving squad. If I’m him, I’m taking it, even if I have to work with that shower in the SFA.

We have a brilliant club at Kilmarnock but the Scotland job is a great opportunity.

I would prefer him to stay club before country anytime

Steve Clarke will be too hot to handle for the SFA. SSC would demand a complete restructuring from top to bottom of the SFA. That's not going to happen. The SFA blazers are only interested in maintaining their position in a corrupt organisation. Status quo( not the band!) is their goal. SSC doesn't fit into that model. SSC will be at Killie next year

10 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Steve Clarke will be too hot to handle for the SFA. SSC would demand a complete restructuring from top to bottom of the SFA. That's not going to happen. The SFA blazers are only interested in maintaining their position in a corrupt organisation. Status quo( not the band!) is their goal. SSC doesn't fit into that model. SSC will be at Killie next year

I think he will take it but I really can’t see him tolerating the totally inept people in the positions authority for too long.

5 minutes ago, Rondo said:

I agree with this. If I was Steve Clarke I would demand that the SFA finally tackled sectarianism before even considering the job.

Last Sunday we saw vile chanting from a majority of the Sevco zombies throughout the game and not a single cheep from the SFA. I can guarantee Steve Clarke will be subjected to abuse on Sunday. If the powers that be had any interest in ending it, it could be done very quickly with stadium closures, points deductions etc. The behaviour of the Celtic fans on their last visit to Rugby Park was reprehensible too. There has been a century of inactivity on this issue and Steve Clarke could be the catalyst to do something about it.

51 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

A waste how?

I'm not a fan of international football at all and think it gets worse year on year. 

The Scotland job is a poisoned chalice, yes he will be an improvement but ultimately we do not produce enough quality players so he will always be up against it. 

If I'm Steve Clarke it is a great opportunity but for me I see it as a waste because I think he could win us a trophy. 

Whatever happens he will go with my thanks and best wishes. 

Just now, Fudger said:

I'm not a fan of international football at all and think it gets worse year on year. 

The Scotland job is a poisoned chalice, yes he will be an improvement but ultimately we do not produce enough quality players so he will always be up against it. 

If I'm Steve Clarke it is a great opportunity but for me I see it as a waste because I think he could win us a trophy. 

Correct. International football is dead.

Glad to see everyone has calmed down a fair bit and not getting worked up by what’s been written in the papers rather than actual facts.

Steve Clarke is manager of Kilmarnock Football club.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Could something around a Director of Football role with more time allowed down south work? Could still be totally involved on his days here and nurturing his successor.

His strength is in coaching, he makes players better and simplifies the game. I don’t believe a director of football role is that exciting for him.

3 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Agreed on both points.

Sadly, I think we're going to be disappointed but if he does go, he'll have my best wishes.

Been the best 20 months or so of my life watching us whilst he's been manager. I really hope we get to enjoy another season of it.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed on both points.

Sadly, I think we're going to be disappointed but if he does go, he'll have my best wishes.

Been the best 20 months or so of my life watching us whilst he's been manager. I really hope we get to enjoy another season of it.

Thats all we can ask for

If anything im mostly angry that this has all been played out in the media daus before the final game of the season especially if they are after Clarke/McInnes. Why would waiting till Monday have made any difference to the sfa? 

This is what makes me think it wont be Clarke. Canne see him having allowed this or reacted well to it happening. 

Sportsound last night reported that their decision would be made in the next 48 hours but not made public till next week which points towards a Clarke/McInnes appointment, not away from them because of their teams still having games to play situation.

Alasdair Lamont was reporting directly from Hampden and disagreed with David Currie in the studio that the Aberdeen chairman's statement ruled McIness out, he felt he was very much still in the frame.    

Hope ebbing but still some left

1 minute ago, Killiesince69 said:

Sportsound last night reported that their decision would be made in the next 48 hours but not made public till next week which points towards a Clarke/McInnes appointment, not away from them because of their teams still having games to play situation.

At present, Aberdeen won't know until after the cup final if they're in Europe or not. The season won't be decided for the team that finishes 4th until the cup final.  Besides, I reckon the SFA will phone Fergie and he'll recommend Davie Moyes who has a superior record to SC as a manger in the EPL.  Jobs for the boys and Moyes is unemployed.

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

I think a better result than Aberdeen on Sunday keeps Clarke. If we are in Europe i think he will want to be the one to lead us in. If not I think he'll go. Truly hope he stays either way!

Size of home support on Sunday may also be a factor along with European qualification