Steve Clarke

Guff92

11.2.2 During a suspension, a player or member of Team Staff is excluded from the Playing Zone at any match played under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until the expiry of the suspension. The “Playing Zone” is the area used by players and Team Staff at a match and shall extend to both teams’ dressing rooms, the match officials’ dressing rooms, the players’ tunnel to the pitch, any corridors leading to and/or connecting the said rooms and the players’ tunnel to the pitch, the technical areas and substitutes’ benches, the track, the playing surface and any area within 2 metres of any part of the touch line or goal line of the playing surface. The exclusion shall apply from 75 minutes prior to the scheduled time of kick-off of a match until 15 minutes following the referee having signalled the end of the match. For the avoidance of doubt, the exclusion continues to apply during extra time and/or kicks from the penalty mark when required in any match. For the avoidance of doubt, reference is made to Annex D, Paragraph 5.2.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3999/scottish-fa-jpp-18_19.pdf

He can surely enter the pitch 15 minutes after the final whistle on Sunday then?

1 minute ago, GJA said:

11.2.2 During a suspension, a player or member of Team Staff is excluded from the Playing Zone at any match played under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until the expiry of the suspension. The “Playing Zone” is the area used by players and Team Staff at a match and shall extend to both teams’ dressing rooms, the match officials’ dressing rooms, the players’ tunnel to the pitch, any corridors leading to and/or connecting the said rooms and the players’ tunnel to the pitch, the technical areas and substitutes’ benches, the track, the playing surface and any area within 2 metres of any part of the touch line or goal line of the playing surface. The exclusion shall apply from 75 minutes prior to the scheduled time of kick-off of a match until 15 minutes following the referee having signalled the end of the match. For the avoidance of doubt, the exclusion continues to apply during extra time and/or kicks from the penalty mark when required in any match. For the avoidance of doubt, reference is made to Annex D, Paragraph 5.2.

He can surely enter the pitch 15 minutes after the final whistle on Sunday then?

Aye....he will be back on pitch for lap of honour ect..

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

Is his ban more severe than others. I can remember managers being banned but having contact with the dugout but also cases where they are not allowed contact with the team for about an hour before and after the game. 

Two games isn’t the worst. I’d have been devastated if they’d given him a car, a holiday and a cuddly toy. 

Not in terms of it's length. Unsure about the specifics ...

Other punishments for the same rule have been:

Caldwell: 2 match suspension applied as follows: 1 match immediate and 1 match suspended until End of Season 2018/2019

Levein: Two match suspension; 1 match immediate and 1 match suspended until the 31 December 2019

Robinson: Both Charges Admitted. 5 match suspension; 3 matches immediate and 2 matches suspended until end of season 2019/2020.

1 minute ago, GJA said:

The team usually go back to changing room before coming back out for lap of honour anyway don’t they?

15 mins is fine I’ll happily wait on him after the match

For the seriousness of his comments (and the fact he had some previous!) I expected a more severe sentence. I remember an interview with Craig Levein saying he was up in front of the SFA on discipline charges just before being appointed Scotland manager, but he got off with it and he couldn't believe it! He was sure it could only have been because they didn't want anything to overshadow the Scotland announcement. Not sure if anything can be read into this one...…..

All this being linked to the scotland job is farcical, to me the SFA need to have been seen to have spoken to what the majority of the scotland support would deem the best manger(s) for the job. The growing consensus is that SSC is the best manager in the league and has been for the past two seasons now, McInnes although i don't rate him too highly is probably second to that. It would be easy for them to feed the media stories to make it look like they've done their due diligence before another underwhelming appointment. I hope SSC stays, despite all the media coverage etc i see no reason for him wanting to leave to work with people that have done nothing but treat him like a numpty. 

3 hours ago, Dillinger said:

….if I was a football manager then the Scotland job would probably be up there as the top job going.

The reality is that it's standing in the pissing rain at Hampden, watching Scotland struggle to draw with Lithuania in front of 16,000 fans, and scouting in League One for English-born players with a Scots granny.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

The reality is that it's standing in the pissing rain at Hampden, watching Scotland struggle to draw with Lithuania in front of 16,000 fans, and scouting in League One for English-born players with a Scots granny.

That's one reality, yes. The opposite one is to be standing there in front of a full house watching the team you have moulded finally get the win required to get to the Euros or World Cup!

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Sad but true. being a child of the 70s is scary to think how far (relatively) we have fallen as a national set up. I’m sticking with my views from yesterday. He will be interviewed. He will politely decline. He will renegotiate his contract  next week and we’ll have him for at least part of next season, until the right job in England comes up. Mcinnes will be appointed next week in the Scotland role. He knows the dons are going backwards and next couple of seasons will be relatively tough. Whether or not Aberdeen are in Europe next year, he will want out. He will accept being second choice, of the sfa and the population at large. 

1 minute ago, KillieBus said:

That's one reality, yes. The opposite one is to be standing there in front of a full house watching the team you have moulded finally get the win required to get to the Euros or World Cup!

It's say that more like fiction than reality and I've followed Scotland all over Europe.

Born losers.

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Sad but true. being a child of the 70s is scary to think how far (relatively) we have fallen as a national set up. I’m sticking with my views from yesterday. He will be interviewed. He will politely decline. He will renegotiate his contract  next week and we’ll have him for at least part of next season, until the right job in England comes up. Mcinnes will be appointed next week in the Scotland role. He knows the dons are going backwards and next couple of seasons will be relatively tough. Whether or not Aberdeen are in Europe next year, he will want out. He will accept being second choice, of the sfa and the population at large. 

We were s**te then too, bottled every big tournament we made (which were far easier to qualify for) and that was with better players.