Steve Clarke

Guff92

Just now, Charlie's Dad said:

Hopefully you’ll be in the minority with your opinion. We have the nucleus of a very good side. I can’t see Dicker and Power and others letting the standard drop and with a couple of additions we’ll continue to progress.

Naive IMHO.

If we lose Clarke it is going to be devastating, unless we can replace like for like, somehow. 

In BB we trust. 

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We weren't given a hope in hell in 2012, look how that turned out.....

We moved the ball about well in that side, Hearts without Naisy really don't do that, are utterly static in final 3rd.  At Tynecastle they'd have a chance but Hampden is a much bigger pitch.  For all Lennon's poor record in cup final, Jambos are gash in Glasgow this season!

Just now, Charlie's Dad said:

Hopefully you’ll be in the minority with your opinion. We have the nucleus of a very good side. I can’t see Dicker and Power and others letting the standard drop and with a couple of additions we’ll continue to progress.

Depends on who we get in as a manager. I fear the worst if I'm honest. No one expected Clarke to hit the heights he has, it will be near on impossible for anyone to even come close never mind progress. 

Just now, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

Depends on who we get in as a manager. I fear the worst if I'm honest. No one expected Clarke to hit the heights he has, it will be near on impossible for anyone to even come close never mind progress. 

I think the fact Clarke has done so well might peak the interest of coaches who wouldn’t otherwise entertain a move to Scotland or Killie

I suspect we will see something in the middle. Whilst I would be very surprised if we progressed even further next season without SSC I do not expect us to suddenly become relegation fodder. Of course it all depends on who the next manager is and how quickly they adapt to Scottish fitaw. Another full season with SSC would have been amazing and also very very interesting to see how far he really could take us. Will we ever find out? 

2 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I think the fact Clarke has done so well might peak the interest of coaches who wouldn’t otherwise entertain a move to Scotland or Killie

Can't see it myself but hope I'm proved wrong. I think people will look at it as how we'll he done, how can you repeat it with the limited budget etc. 

Can't see it myself but hope I'm proved wrong. I think people will look at it as how we'll he done, how can you repeat it with the limited budget etc. 

Aw well what's the f**king point of us existing then? Lets just pack it in and give up then. 

We are doomed.

Whatever happens, SC has done what no one else could, he’s given us a team we can really back and be proud of, I still have the slightest of hopes that he’ll stay but it’s withering by the minute, we all knew deep down that it would happen eventually, we have the nucleus of a really good squad that know how to be successful, I’m not sure who will be next, but I’ll certainly back them all the way, over to you BB. 

Obviously it is disappointing, but you know what....this man deserves the traditional Killie cheer and should receive the warmest of send offs on Sunday, he is and always will be a Killie Legend, he choose not to go the Rangers and turned down numerous other jobs over the last 2 years.  - I am more disappointed it has been leaked prior to letting him/BB make a statement. 

MORE IMPORTANTLY and the thing we all seem to forget.......the 11 players on the pitch week in week out that have got us to where we are deserve the same praise on Sunday.  

Bring on Sunday and the prospect of Europe next Season!

We are Killie Till We Die <3 xxxxx

Edited by 19snickers88

15 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

13 minutes ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

You strike me as a glass half empty kinda guy, not one player or manager even SSC as much as we all love him is bigger than the club .

Edited by Rosskfc70

2 minutes ago, Rosskfc70 said:

You strike me as a glass half empty kinda guy, not one player or manager even SSC as much as we all love him is bigger than the club .

Totally agree - I am afraid it is not all down to a manager, the players have the skills to perform and it is them that deserve out cheers on Sunday along with us saying an emotional farewell. 

I for one am looking forward to AD and the team parading the pitch with SSC walking on 15 minutes later and praising the players - It is going to be a totes emosh day 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4252445/steve-clarke-scotland-kris-boyd-sfa-job-kilmarnock/

Don’t forget that The Sun newspaper is gutter press and will never be forgiven for their vile comments on the Hillsborough victims and Liverpool fans. Unfortunately one of our own players is only too happy to write for them and fuel the speculation on Clarke. 

However Clarke is a great manager and we just need to accept that he’s the best man for the Scotland job.

2 minutes ago, TroonKFC said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4252445/steve-clarke-scotland-kris-boyd-sfa-job-kilmarnock/

Don’t forget that The Sun newspaper is gutter press and will never be forgiven for their vile comments on the Hillsborough victims and Liverpool fans. Unfortunately one of our own players is only too happy to write for them and fuel the speculation on Clarke. 

However Clarke is a great manager and we just need to accept that he’s the best man for the Scotland job.

One of our own players for one more game. Cheers for the memories boydie, appreciate everything but cheerio pal.

1 minute ago, Killieboykfc said:

One of our own players for one more game. Cheers for the memories boydie, appreciate everything but cheerio pal.

I agree to a point.......

and emotions may be running high tonight.......however the shots at Boyd are cheap, he has been nothing but a servant to his local team which included giving back his signing on fee to the youth team and being one of our highest scorers contributing to one of our best seasons last year. So lets please not have digs at someone who doesn't deserve what he already knew (As we all did) 

Lets just get right behind the boys on Sunday and cheer them in to Europe. 

Just now, 19snickers88 said:

I agree to a point.......

and emotions may be running high tonight.......however the shots at Boyd are cheap, he has been nothing but a servant to his local team which included giving back his signing on fee to the youth team and being one of our highest scorers contributing to one of our best seasons last year. So lets please not have digs at someone who doesn't deserve what he already knew (As we all did) 

Lets just get right behind the boys on Sunday and cheer them in to Europe. 

I completely agree with you. Appreciate what he's done but I feel its time for both parties to go their seperate ways if he wants to continue his media career.

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

I completely agree with you. Appreciate what he's done but I feel its time for both parties to go their seperate ways if he wants to continue his media career.

Okay - So why are we turning this in to a conversation about Kris? Like I said buddy it is about giving the team the reception they deserve and that includes both Boydy and SSC. Both have been integral parts of our success, I would prefer neither leave. 

I heard Mourinho is looking for a new project ;) 

50 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

We played Brazil on my 8th birthday. I wasn’t having bevy, I was on the crispy cakes. But you’re right. I lost interest in the national team a long time ago, if I’d grown up with the team doing well, or at least being run by people not only serving the interest of two clubs, maybe I’d understand a bit better

I was at the game. Pivotal moment in deciding I’d had it with supporting Scotland. Stand up if you hate England. In the opening game of a World Cup. Really??? Scotland GTF

1 minute ago, 19snickers88 said:

Okay - So why are we turning this in to a conversation about Kris? Like I said buddy it is about giving the team the reception they deserve and that includes both Boydy and SSC. Both have been integral parts of our success, I would prefer neither leave. 

I heard Mourinho is looking for a new project ;) 

Aye good point - keep this thread about Clarke.

What better way to replace SC than to get the guy that he taught everything to ;)

Just now, david mcbeth said:

I was at the game. Pivotal moment in deciding I’d had it with supporting Scotland. Stand up if you hate England. In the opening game of a World Cup. Really??? Scotland GTF

This may be far too soon but I am both a Scotland fan and a Killie fan. Can someone please request that we play Flower of Scotland at the game on Sunday......Too soon?  SSC will lead Scotland in to the Euros and someone will come in to manage Killie....A team that has European prospects.