Boyd

Killieboykfc

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

I’ll say it again, how Millar doesn’t get a chance up front ahead of this donkey is beyond me. Complete waste of a jersey. The very fact he can’t even be arsed to keep himself fit says it all. 

Really "donkey" have a word with yourself. He's one of the best players ever to have played for Killie. He wears our clubs strip and gives everything he has, If this is his last season with us then let's give him the best send off, instead of taking pot shots at him. Get a grip.

Embarrassed by some of this comment. Boyd is finished at top level but what a player he’s been.  Maybe the only LEGEND that folks will see in their lifetime as doubt we will see players play same games in future. In some games we need a focal point up front. It’s not macaleny. It’s not miller. These guys are support strikers. But agree in the sense that Boyd is no longer a good option at this level.

Boyd will still be an important player within the squad for the rest of the season. Maybe his playing days are done but having a person with that level of expertise and someone who is a natural leader will always be useful. Also boyd will always have goals in him in the proverbial hit him on the arse type of way

3 minutes ago, SM21 said:

Boyd will still be an important player within the squad for the rest of the season. Maybe his playing days are done but having a person with that level of expertise and someone who is a natural leader will always be useful. Also boyd will always have goals in him in the proverbial hit him on the arse type of way

The only way he's going to score again this season is if the ball literally bounces off his arse and goes it.

It's big enough to be useful tbf.

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Actually think it’s a sad end for a fantastic player for the club over the years.

miller should be well in front of Boyd now for game time.

Said the same to my son tonight at the game. I hate fact that people’s opinion of Boyd is being tarnished by his performances. He does look like he’s not got much left to offer now but he’s 35, never been quick and been out the team most of the season... so I don’t agree with those throwing him under the bus because he isn’t performing. 

7 hours ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Really "donkey" have a word with yourself. He's one of the best players ever to have played for Killie. He wears our clubs strip and gives everything he has, If this is his last season with us then let's give him the best send off, instead of taking pot shots at him. Get a grip.

Current form, donkey yes. 

Stop diverting from my actual point by bringing up the past. He isn’t the player he once was. I actually feel embarrassed when I watch him on the park. Having a guy so unfit and out of shape “leading our line” is shameful. 

If you genuinely feel he is a better option than Millar then fire away, if not, maybe it should be you that gets a grip and wake up.

People like myself are capable of working 40/50/60 hour weeks and still find time to get to the gym on a daily basis and look after themselves. This guy has one job, stay fit, he gets paid for it. I don’t.

Kris Boyd a true Killie legend the only thing am gutted about was winning the Scottish cup it would have been great for him to win a medal with Killie all good things must come to an end  but having him in the squad can only help the other strikers I feel he would be more a threat coming off the bench with 20 mins to go the boy millar needs to start he has pace and power he does look a player but we do miss the wolf 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Current form, donkey yes. 

Stop diverting from my actual point by bringing up the past. He isn’t the player he once was. I actually feel embarrassed when I watch him on the park. Having a guy so unfit and out of shape “leading our line” is shameful. 

If you genuinely feel he is a better option than Millar then fire away, if not, maybe it should be you that gets a grip and wake up.

People like myself are capable of working 40/50/60 hour weeks and still find time to get to the gym on a daily basis and look after themselves. This guy has one job, stay fit, he gets paid for it. I don’t.

Boydy is past his best of that there is no doubt. However, you and many others question his fitness rather disrespectfully I would say. Do you really think the best manager in the league would play him if he did not have the required level of fitness. Kris Boyd even as a youngster in our team always needed a run of games to reach the required level of match sharpness. He has not had this at any point this season. An impact sub he is not. If his performances on the pitch embarrass you you probably need to speak to someone about these issues.

The guys a club legend and an all time great but there's nothing about his performance to suggest he's anything other than done. He looks like a guy that's been retired for a good few seasons that gets brought out of retirement for a charity game. He doesn't have the movement to get the ball under control or get himself into a position where he might score. He's filling in where we don't seem to have another option so won't be too hard on him but he's definitely done.

8 hours ago, the big ring said:

lets not forget he played on Saturday (and did well keeping their centre backs busy covering him) and them almost a full game last night. Pretty tough after not playing much competitively.

De.f past his best but still useful to have, and use sparingly.

He was our worst player by far on Saturday, as I’ve said before Boyd has been brilliant for our club, but the fact is he’s done. Also embarrassing for us to listen to him masturbate over those pricks up the road.

3 minutes ago, livvy said:

We've had many a wage thief at this club over the years. Boyd is not and will never be one of them.  He does loads behind the scenes and has been key to the dressing room as well. He earned his contract this year by being the top goalscorer in Scotland last season. 

Yes. It's been one season too many but let's focus on what he's brought to us over the years. He certainly deserves every penny he is paid.

Nail on head sir!

I thought Boyd had a decent game last night when he come on. McAlaney didn't get much joy and was struggling first half to create anything - probably due to lack of service. Boyd's physical presence up front made us look more threatening. Unfortunately, he didn't bag a goal, but that doesn't mean he was useless or had a bad game; I thought he gave the Hibs defence a lot to think about.

40 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'm on the fence here. But if our greatest manager in my time watching killie decides he's still good enough then good enough for me

mostly agree with this --- whilst on recent showings Boyd has not contributed much and does not impose the kind of goal threat  nor the hold up play a team needs

....SC and AD view all the squad in training has assessed how each player can contribute and when needed has put Boyd in ahead of Millar or Ndjoli--and has shown by other first 11 selections that the team comes first rather than how an individual may play in a game or in 15 minute spells off the bench

There,s a difference of being fit and match fit. How many games has he played this season it is difficult to get up to speed playing in odd games.  As others have said this might be his last season  with us. But i bet there are clubs below us in the league wish they had him in there team at the moment .