Money or Home Advantage?

rb_506

Monry or Home Advantage?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Do we give Rangers one stand or two?

• One
    • Two

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/12/2019 at 11:53 PM, All the Wine said:

Unpleasant chaos....calm doon. There was a few next to us in East Stand when we beat them earlier and they never made a peep and buggered off quite sheepishly before the FT whistle. 

One stand, f**k them. 

People moan about not going to OF games because of their fans, mibbe cutting their allocation by 50% might entice some of these people back as the stadium won't be over-run by them. 

On one hand you bitch and moan about the crowds being rubbish, mibbe trying something like this, instead of shutting our own fans out, might help in the long run

I think you’ll find a few years ago, there was very unpleasant chaos, and many people never forgave the club. That is what you are risking with one stand. I don’t think by hoping to entice 5000 more home fans than usual to this match I am wanting to “shut them out”. While I am disappointed with home crowds of 4500, 8000 would be fantastic any day of the week. Our stadium is too big. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I think you’ll find a few years ago, there was very unpleasant chaos, and many people never forgave the club. That is what you are risking with one stand. I don’t think by hoping to entice 5000 more home fans than usual to this match I am wanting to “shut them out”. While I am disappointed with home crowds of 4500, 8000 would be fantastic any day of the week. Our stadium is too big. 

I think you'll find a few years ago they had two stands so your 'point' means absolutely nothing. One stand or two some of them will still try and get in our end depending on how important the fixture is. Are you completely ignoring the amount of our fans who don't go because of the atmosphere which gets created because we are surrounded on both sides? The club are doing something here the the fans have been asking for ever since we started giving them two stands and all you can do is start blubbering about things that may or may not happen. This could be the catalyst we need to turn things around, this is the club doing the right thing for our home support, they need us to back them not turn into spineless wimps who are happy to bend over for the Glasgow hoards and let them have their way just in case some of them try and get in our end. We should be looking at better ways to stop that happening and getting more of our own fans in, not wasting time lamenting the loss of the sectarian pound. I've seen jellyfish with more backbone.

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Yes and that was when the club whored themselves out and sold tickets to every hun that turned up at the club shop. Place was literally reeking of them but MJ didn't care.

I saw huns being told to take their tops off at East Stand turnstiles. The shambles that day could have been eaily avoided or at the very least minimised.

PS - They are getting one stand from what I hear.

f**k them.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yes and that was when the club whored themselves out and sold tickets to every hun that turned up at the club shop. Place was literally reeking of them but MJ didn't care.

I saw huns being told to take their tops off at East Stand turnstiles. The shambles that day could have been eaily avoided or at the very least minimised.

PS - They are getting one stand from what I hear.

f**k them.

Hope you are right about the one stand !! 

10 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

You're not going to entice the fans back who don't go because there's too many OF fans tho. It's a chance to try something and see how it goes, you might be surprised. 

8 hours ago, TommyG said:

I think you'll find a few years ago they had two stands so your 'point' means absolutely nothing. One stand or two some of them will still try and get in our end depending on how important the fixture is. Are you completely ignoring the amount of our fans who don't go because of the atmosphere which gets created because we are surrounded on both sides? The club are doing something here the the fans have been asking for ever since we started giving them two stands and all you can do is start blubbering about things that may or may not happen. This could be the catalyst we need to turn things around, this is the club doing the right thing for our home support, they need us to back them not turn into spineless wimps who are happy to bend over for the Glasgow hoards and let them have their way just in case some of them try and get in our end. We should be looking at better ways to stop that happening and getting more of our own fans in, not wasting time lamenting the loss of the sectarian pound. I've seen jellyfish with more backbone.

You said it better than me :D

• CB locked this topic