Rangers confined to the Chadwick

C4mmy31

I must admit I was very skeptical of this approach due to the loss in revenue but the approach has to be a longer term one, just as BB said, if this sort of move can attract 1000 more home fans per game then it's financially viable. I think this sort of planned growth is sensible and achievable. 

We all blame Johnston for everything bad regards attendances and without doubt he had a major impact but for me, giving up two stands was very detrimental too. Although it's a nice bonus, we shouldn't be relying on the OF money either. A 4000 ticket allocation is more than enough. 

Time now for a fan membership scheme to try and avoid our stands being infiltrated for the 'bigger' games against either of the filth. 

1 hour ago, iainmaccoll said:

....an extra 1000 fans per game more than covers the cost of 16000 away tickets.

Even without resorting to a calculator I can see that's guff. 

The 16,000 - presumably OF x 4 - are all premium tickets, currently at £27/19/10, while 1,000 more home fans in the  Moffat Stand would pay £20/15/5 per regular match and many will be on family season tickets where the average admission per capita per match will be very low,  with a season for two adults and two kids being £400 maximum. 

However, it’s not guaranteed that we would get four home OF matches in a season as we won’t make Top Six every season. 

It's a long-term project aimed at growing the fan-base by capturing kids at an early age and improving the atmosphere at OF matches so it’s to be applauded.

Edited by skygod

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

The 16,000 - presumably OF x 4 - are all premium tickets, currently at £27/19/10, while 1,000 more home fans in the  Moffat Stand would pay £20/15/5 per regular match and many will be on family season tickets where the average admission per capita per match will be very low,  with a season for two adults and two kids being £400 maximum. 

However, it’s not guaranteed that we would get four home OF matches in a season as we won’t make Top Six every season. 

But it’s a long-term project aimed at growing the fan-base by capturing kids at an early age and improving the atmosphere at OF matches so it’s to be applauded.

I wonder if our financial predictions play a part in this too? If we continue to budget for bottom six but reach top six more often than not then the extra games will also help fill the void? (I realise there is a risk that - but as you say, longer term thinking) 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

It's a long-term project aimed at growing the fan-base by capturing kids at an early age and improving the atmosphere at OF matches so it’s to be applauded.

You are right about the prices but the associated financial benefits of home fans are so much greater: merchandise, longer term cash flow.

It’s the most positive thing the club has done in years imo. Not because it’s for a one-off game and a chance to irritate Rangers but because it seems to indicate a longer term strategy of re-engagement.

54 minutes ago, skygod said:

You're taking what was said a bit literally there G. The potential variations are endless...who's to say that 1k extra Killie fans couldn't be 2k or 3k? Also take into consideration that the extra home fans will have a bigger 'spend' than any away fan in terms of buying merchandise etc.

Just now, Fudger said:

Also when doing the calculations, do a huge percentage of OF fans not buy kids tickets for these games? Sure I read that somewhere before. 

No, they are restricted to 5% or something like that...like you I read that somewhere so unsure of whether its the case or not without asking.

4 minutes ago, baz said:

No, they are restricted to 5% or something like that...like you I read that somewhere so unsure of whether its the case or not without asking.

Celtic and Rangers fans can only buy a kids ticket if it is linked to a kids season ticket.

So unless they have a kids season ticket for their own club then I doubt it's true. Also, to buy a kids ticket there has to be an adult ticket bought with the kids ticket as an accompanying adult.

1 hour ago, iainmaccoll said:

Billie bowie has said were taking the moffat stand back for good. Kilmarnock fans must come first.an extra 1000 fans per game more than covers the cost of 16000 away tickets.

Hats off to sir billy

I was saying this to a guy at work yesterday. It dosent take a huge increase over the rest of the season to negate this. 

55 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

They’ll get tickets easily enough with an Ayrshire address.

Maybe the club are pro actively looking at this possibility, if we do get a “family day crowd” like Falkirk play off then it will probably be possible to track the people buying tickets “illegally” as they will need to use seats given to them. 

I remember the other Last Day game against Rangers, Louis Thows last game, some Away fans thought it was ok to come into the East covered in Red hand flags etc, we had a very decent turnout that day and their faces were priceless, they were absolutely cacking it.

The more of us means less of them 

13 hours ago, skygod said:

A membership scheme has to be a priority.

And having an alternative arrangement to paying £7 postage for all-ticket matches. As has been pointed out, not all fans live within spitting distance of RP.

The new ticketing system mentioned at the AGM should help resolve this issue.  

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It was also said that we bring on average 1000 or so less home fans to old firm games. I'd expect they're assuming that with this decision being made we'll have a much increased home crowd v the old firm which I would be surprised if we don't.

Will be interesting to see whether having 4K rangers fans there versus 8k will effect the marginal killie supporters view on whether to attend the game or not. It will still be drunken louts, in large part, chanting sectarian nonsense and intimidating the locals. I hope it does but I’m not sure I’d be any more inclined to bring my kids to a rangers game just because the number of them halved. The issues largely remain the same issues. As suggested, this is a broader play by Bowie and the board. He has listened to the ( majority of) fans. I think it’s very brave. It’s up to the killie fans to demonstrate that it can pay back commercially.  To be honest ( and with the clubs intestrest completely at heart), I have my doubts. As we gave discussed to death, there are mixed views on whether we should be encouraged or discouraged by this years aberage crowds. If folks haven’t got on board under ssc, will this gesture really inspire them to return (under a new manager in time)? Attracting more kids can pay back over the long term but not sure how central getting to a couple of old firm games is versus going week in week out to the other games, is in building loyalty. As I’ve said, brave and in line with the fans mood. Only time will tell if smart business decision.

Just now, Thebigguy68 said:

but I’m not sure I’d be any more inclined to bring my kids to a rangers game just because the number of them halved.

Why not? Old firm will have one side of the stadium, you could sit in the Moffat and leave without really seeing any old filth fans. Especially as we've a lap of honour.

Get there for the teams warming up and you'll do well to bump into any huns.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why not? Old firm will have one side of the stadium, you could sit in the Moffat and leave without really seeing any old filth fans. Especially as we've a lap of honour.

Get there for the teams warming up and you'll do well to bump into any huns.

Fair point. If we limit access ( to your other point) it would have a positive impact on the match day experience. It’s maybe more about access than numbers. They still pollute the match day experience though in going for a beer before after the game. It doesn’t stop me...and never will....but bill uses the correct word “ intimidation” and it does effect others.

The amount of press this is getting is ridiculous, although shouldn't be surprised with how much the papers are blowing this out of proportion. 

My main worry is we don't increase our home fans by a significant number. My step dad used to be a season ticket holder and I've tried on many occasions to get him to go to the games but he just isn't interested, tbh I don't even know why. Hopefully that isn't the case for the larger majority of people who used to go but no longer do. Hopefully this move by the club and the performances on the pitch will be enough to encourage people out the woodworks and back to games.