Safe Standing

Island Girl

Great opportunity for fans sitting in the proposed safe standing area and the section next to it to show their support. It would be great for our Club to be the first provincial one in our league to install it. Show your support and complete the survey form attached to season ticket holders' seats. You can give your completed form to Trust reps either before the match or at half time.

image.jpeg

Just now, KillieBantam said:

Would love safe standing at RP though imo sanding section should be bottom teir of the moffat stand, moving to the whole stand if popular if the 1 stand OF allocation remains for the rest of time. Move family section back to the FB stand

Good call

The location of the safe standing is always going to be a debate....in Europe it's almost always behind the goals and that's where their "ultras" are housed. Yet over here behind the goal areas are usually pretty bare, for the option of a better view. 

Does the standing section attract the fans or did the fans attract the standing section behind the goal?? 

Chicken or egg I guess

At the end of the day the Club will decide where it goes, its great that they are welcoming the idea with open arms. The Moffat Stand is undergoing major refurbishment in the summer as well, as the Club and the Trust get to work on new disabled facilities...Billy is actually considering a second standing section behind the goals for the families but that, if it happens, will come later...they won't be moving the family section away from the Moffat as all the facilities and the "fan zone" will be behind that stand.

For me this isn't he best way to spend any money around the club and community. Just my opinion but Id rather we spent money on youth coaching or some other community project.

Would this area attract more fans to the game?Would people who do not normally attend games come along as a result of this area?I don't think so.However if it is felt this would improve the overall match day experience for supporters it could be worthwhile. 

2 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

For me this isn't he best way to spend any money around the club and community. Just my opinion but Id rather we spent money on youth coaching or some other community project.

Would this area attract more fans to the game?Would people who do not normally attend games come along as a result of this area?I don't think so.However if it is felt this would improve the overall match day experience for supporters it could be worthwhile. 

I wholeheartedly agree, if money was no object then by all means but it is so I’d rather see it invested on our youth set up.

14 hours ago, Merk said:

I wholeheartedly agree, if money was no object then by all means but it is so I’d rather see it invested on our youth set up.

Can see what you’re saying but I would expect an upturn in numbers which would result in it paying for itself, looking at St Mirren, Well, Dunfermline they seem to have grown their young supporters by operating such an area, who knows it could also create another couple of supporters buses for away games too.

23 hours ago, KillieFC said:

At the end of the day the Club will decide where it goes, its great that they are welcoming the idea with open arms. The Moffat Stand is undergoing major refurbishment in the summer as well, as the Club and the Trust get to work on new disabled facilities...Billy is actually considering a second standing section behind the goals for the families but that, if it happens, will come later...they won't be moving the family section away from the Moffat as all the facilities and the "fan zone" will be behind that stand.

Is there any plan for a TIK update soon so that we know what is happening? Last I heard we were looking for a company to sponsor the standing area so we could work on the disabled facilities. Have we managed to get one seeing as you mentioned the work over the summer?

On 4/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, KillieFC said:

Given that my match day experience of the last few years has mostly been taking kids along, there are some great plus points about a standing section for families. kids sometimes sit, sometimes stand, fidget, kick the seats in front etc...........One issue that I can think of though is if an adult plonks themselves standing up in front of some wean that just wants to sit??

40 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Would the safe standing pricing be different? Seriously considering it as i'm moving back into the east after 2 years of the moffat.

Im assuming they plan to used the old segregation fence below the east and make the rugby road turnstyles the entrance point?

Can't see why it would be a different price. You still get a seat.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:11 PM, Secret Squirrel said:

Is there any plan for a TIK update soon so that we know what is happening? Last I heard we were looking for a company to sponsor the standing area so we could work on the disabled facilities. Have we managed to get one seeing as you mentioned the work over the summer?

The plan is to wait two weeks until we have new figures and then put out an update, we should know clearer what is happening with the safe standing by then as well so it makes sense. We have a sponsor in mind who seems keen on the idea so we are working on a package for them and hopefully we can tie up a deal that allows us to get the standing area and still contribute heavily to the disabled facilities upgrade which is a necessity for the stadium. Effectively we are going to front fund it and then get the cash back over time to re-use.

58 minutes ago, baz said:

The plan is to wait two weeks until we have new figures and then put out an update, we should know clearer what is happening with the safe standing by then as well so it makes sense. We have a sponsor in mind who seems keen on the idea so we are working on a package for them and hopefully we can tie up a deal that allows us to get the standing area and still contribute heavily to the disabled facilities upgrade which is a necessity for the stadium. Effectively we are going to front fund it and then get the cash back over time to re-use.

Sounds excellent thanks Baz.