Aberdeen Match Fred

C4mmy31

To have a game of that magnitude for two teams fighting for Europe to be decided by the incompetence of the ref beggars belief, to say he was terrible would be the biggest understatement ever and not for the first time it involves Steven McLean Reffng a Killie game he must really hate us,easily the worst display I have seen at Rugby Park ever. Refereed one team completely different from the other ,not only has he impacted the result today he has also impacted our team selection for next week,what consequences will he face,probably SFA to coin a phrase.

Don’t know where to start with that. 

We didn’t play well with eleven men on the park but neither did they. They disrupted our momentum and had the edge in the middle of the park. 

I’m not 100% convinced the Devlin one should be a red card but it’s more of a red than the one he got earleir in the season and the standard was set then. He was lucky later on when he probably should have seen a second yellow for persistent fouling then his manager does him a favour.

How Cosgrove made it to half time I don’t know. He was like a bull in a china shop all day. When Findlay gets booked Cosgrove has to walk. You either book one or both. The ref cocked up. Again there are opportunities to rectify it but he gets off with niggles and two blatant dives. 

Broadfoot gives the ref a choice. The ball is there to win for sure but IMO it’s reckless and it’s not one you get away with on a keeper. McLean couldn’t get him off quick enough.

From that point we started to do well. They moved away from the more conservative approach and the pitch opened up. Our shape was good and the work rate was outstanding. Some of the work was a thankless task but the boys kept going. 

The only way I saw them scoring was from a set piece. They had the possession but no urgency. Their side to side play didn’t stretch us. Was Bachmann too far over to one side for the goal. 

Boyds introduction rattled their CBs but the ref gave them so much protection. Considine lift Boyd off the ground was a laughable call. 

Cant believe it took so long to book Shinnie. He’d had so many fouls I thought it was his second yellow. I need to see it again but Findlay's second yellow might have been fair but he’s payed the price for hand bags earlier. I saw nothing in the McKenzie incident. Again handbags with Ball playing a victim but looked as involved.

Support was class

SC - "Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in my career. Bad result for us, congratulations to Aberdeen. 

I told referee that he was No. 1 - no reaction.

Looking at incidents in isolation - Cosgrove should have been off, Broadfoot made a attempt to play ball, Findlay not a second yellow..."

He lost me at that point!

5 minutes ago, killie89 said:

Those moronic Dundee fans should be made to watch Mclean’s performance against us today - might make them realise how idiotic they were being earlier in the season when they accused him of being biased in favour of us.

Is it too late to add our names to their petition or whatever it was. 

Clarke not holding back...

Will appeal the two straight reds. Strong refs can handle tough games...

Told Mclean it was the performance he’s ever seen in all his time in football

Will request Mclean doesn’t do Killie games. Feels he feels the pressure which leads to him over compensating. Due to connections with club.

oh and McInnes said its the best he’s heard Killie fans

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

SC - "Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in my career. Bad result for us, congratulations to Aberdeen. 

I told referee that he was No. 1 - no reaction.

Looking at incidents in isolation - Cosgrove should have been off, Broadfoot made a attempt to play ball, Findlay not a second yellow..."

He lost me at that point!

Clarke said they would appeal Broadfooot and McKenzie red cards but didn't have a problem with Findlays second yellow. In over 50 years I have NEVER seen a more abject display of refereeing than McLean produced today. 

Just now, Malkmus said:

He actually walked down the tunnel looked at us and smirked. I know we're not allowed to suggest bias but I can think of no other excuse for that performance. 

Ruined what could of been a big day for us and everyone who paid good money to attend. 

It's ok for referees to do that to our fans mind. It's all good fun

Tactics before the sending off were hopeless, thumping the ball high at that Aberdeen defence was never going to work. I can't believe the team were playing the way SSC wanted them to, probably nerves took over and the physical nature of the game resulted in a complete lack of football from both sides. 

It was a poor game to begin with but McLean killed it completely with his bizarre decisions. Worst refereeing performance at RP ? There can't have been many, or any, worse than that. 

3 minutes ago, ayrshirecs said:

A lot of fans first game today or first game in a while and it’s such a shame they had to witness such a shi*e refereeing performance. Why the fu!k would they bother coming back if that is the level we are dealing with?

still seething.

Seems to happen every time we get a bumper home crowd turning up :( 

13 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

Clarke not holding back...

Will appeal the two straight reds. Strong refs can handle tough games...

Told Mclean it was the performance he’s ever seen in all his time in football

Will request Mclean doesn’t do Killie games. Feels he feels the pressure which leads to him over compensating. Due to connections with club.

oh and McInnes said its the best he’s heard Killie fans

I have said for years he shouldnt be given Killie games..