Aberdeen Match Fred

C4mmy31

3 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

We really have a mental block against the Dons. 

Clarke seems unable to find a plan to beat them.

Wonder what causes that.

By todays performance that would be the refereeing by Shinnie and Steven McLean also.

Edited by Bigdodge

3 minutes ago, Bigdodge said:

By todays performance that would be the refereeing and Steven McLean also.

This seems to be the case - it's their players that crowd/influence the ref, where ours don't - we just get on with the game. 

It helps them that McLean is the ref today and as we have seen, he needs absolutely no influence to give decisions against us. 

Just now, jesper said:

This seems to be the case - it's their players that crowd/influence the ref, where ours don't - we just get on with the game. 

It helps them that McLean is the ref today and as we have seen, he needs absolutely no influence to give decisions against us. 

Huge difference between us and other teams. Aberdeen have bullied us and influenced the referee throughout the game. We are on here falling over ourselves agreeing with a questionable red for one of our players.

13 minutes ago, jesper said:

We're no angels, let's be honest. Broadfoot has made an art out of winding up opponents and simulating injuries.

Maybe there is a bit of naivete - it sounded like Aberdeen set out to do a job on us and it paid off in full. Three points, three sendings off - result!

2 minutes ago, Bigdodge said:

Lets face it. They didn't want us challenging so had the wind taken out our sails at the Ipox cup match. 

They don't want us representing Scotland in Europe so do all they can to ensure that doesn't happen.

No-one will ever be allowed to challenge really.

What a load of crap!

You sounds like David McBeth and his conspiracy theories.

Just now, skygod said:

We're no angels, let's be honest. Broadfoot has made an art out of winding up opponents and simulating injuries.

Maybe there is a bit of naivete - it sounded like Aberdeen set out to do a job on us and it paid off in full. Three points, three sendings off - result!

If you had said Broaders is no angel, I'd have agreed - I struggle to think of another player who pushes the boundaries in our team. 

Naivety is a factor, but I think we generally just try to play football and win. Other teams, especially now we're on the ascendancy, use alternative tactics to get an upper hand. Maybe if we had more players of Broadfoot's mindset we would get on better. Not that I'm saying I believe we should, but it would level the playing field some.