Aberdeen Match Fred

C4mmy31

You won't get a good game against Aberdeen. They are a bunch of hammer throwers.

Firstly you have to stand up to them (they are  big units, more or less over the park) and I thought we did that and was looking forward to the game progressing and our better football ability coming to the fore. However, the sending off changed it , that was incident that changed the game (ignoring Cosgrove not going off as that was also a big moment).

As for it being a deserved sending off because the goalkeeper got hit in the face - nonsense.

Goalkeepers play primarily with the top half of their body, that where their face is and that's part of the game for a goalkeeper.

The ball was near the ground, not under control and there to be gone for. Fair play to the goalie as it was brave play, but not worth a straight red from what I saw of it.

Games and refereeing performances like this will be the major reason SC will eventually go back south and as has been said we played right into Aberdeen's hands by lumping the ball forward first half they really are a terrible team to watch but we at times made it their type of game and as also has been said well done to Killie fans for supporting team right to the end!

15 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Ref ruined what should have been a good game today. He was abysmal and next week should be refereeing junior football.

It will be the usual SFA, he will get a week's "holiday" then a week in a safe game in the lower leagues then he will be back loud and proud as one of our internationally acclaimed FIFA referees.

Aberdeen are just like a "good" version of Hamilton Accies their tactics all the exact same and their manager and captain a pair of weasels

4 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

It will be the usual SFA, he will get a week's "holiday" then a week in a safe game in the lower leagues then he will be back loud and proud as one of our internationally acclaimed FIFA referees.

Aberdeen are just like a "good" version of Hamilton Accies their tactics all the exact same and their manager and captain a pair of weasels

Pretty sure Fifa have chucked him

53 minutes ago, aldo said:

someones got to be taking the piss with our attendance figures,

tax dodge?

Not this nonsense again. The same Board we praise to the hilt gets accused of fraud. The fact that they are desperate to attract bigger attendances would also suggest they would not want to downplay the size of the crowd (Apart from not committing fraud). There were probably 2500 in each of the main stands. There were hundreds of visible empty seats and plenty scattered ones you don’t notice. Same bollox every time we get a bigger than usual crowd. 

If a referee calls that game straight down the middle we could easily have been talking about 8man Aberdeen. Twice this season in massive fixtures we have been let down by officials not calling it as they see it. 

If the ref in the cup at ibrox calls it as he sees it we have an early pen and Worrall could be on a sticky wicket. Likewise today if McLean is honest and down the middle Aberdeen are down to ten before we are. Instead they make the wrong calls and things quickly spiral out of control.

SSC is 100% that today was too big an occasion for McLean. After the Dundee game his employers shouldn’t have put him in this position. He himself should be competent enough to call it down the middle. He’s made a number of crucial calls and I don’t think he’s seen most of them. Certainly IMO none of the officials saw what happened between Ball and Rory. Pure guesswork

Its disappointing we as a club now have to go through the appeals process. With SSC's comment they may decide to protect their own. It should be a case of McLean watching it again and rescinding cards if he feels he should. But again that’s asking him to call it honestly and he’s proved time and again he can’t.

• CB unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Games and refereeing performances like this will be the major reason SC will eventually go back south and as has been said we played right into Aberdeen's hands by lumping the ball forward first half they really are a terrible team to watch but we at times made it their type of game and as also has been said well done to Killie fans for supporting team right to the end!

Scottish football is amateur hour.

53 minutes ago, killiead78 said:

Findlay's first yellow for handbags with Cosgrove. How he books only Findlay is beyond me. It's either both or neither. Right in front of linesman who also chose to ignore it. 

Yeah agreed. Same as when he booked both in Greg Taylor incident. Guys a clown. 

Such a frustrating afternoon. 

Nothing between the teams, even with 10 men. 

But that wasn't a football match. Genuinely can't remember ever seeing so many fouls given. McLean killed any game that could have broken out. 

The discussion is all going to focus on the reds - but in terms of not playing advantage, being too quick with decisions, not calling things down, treating fools like for like... It was incompetent. 

Huge ramifications too. We are significantly weakened for Celtic and Cosgrove and Shinnie are free to play in Aberdeens next games. 

Proper decision on Cosgrove and the whole run of games looks completely different. 

Fairness where its due - McInnes was excellent in his interview. Says he hasn't seen Rugby Park like that since Burns days and didn't for a moment say they were the better side. 

I hope the fans got through to the players at the end - we need to keep the momentum up and Celtic is likely to be another knock (I think they can win the title - is that right?) 

Lastly - all of this shouldn't mask that we weren't at it for a good while today. There's work to do. 

What can I say. I thought we were struggling to contain them in the first 20 minutes but some of Aberdeens amateur dramatics were an embarrassment. What was even more embarasing for the SFA was how incompetent their officials were.

I think we would have come more into the game as time went on but we never got the chance to find out. The twat in charge lost what ever credibility he had, letting Aberdeen players referee the game.