All Killie Kits Ever

Lroy

Quite seriously, I think you have a great business idea there, probably better than you realise. (But you have to put Killie aside for one moment).

One of the things that all publishers are dying for are ideas for cheap books that appeal to men that can be easily bought as stocking fillers / cheap presents / Secret Santa gifts for fathers, brothers, work colleagues etc. (I know women are football fans as well, but it will be men that this could be marketed for).

Based on that design you did for the current kit, I think any fan would happily flick through a little book (the size of a diary or mobile phone) showing all the kits they remember and ones they have only read about. If individual books were made for every club in England and Scotland (*) and sold for less than a fiver, it could sell hundreds of thousands of units, especially if marketed at Christmas, Father's Day and the start of the football season.

Mock up the Kilmarnock one, but approach a publisher with the idea to cover every club. (They would be able to check the one glitch: that you are not transgressing any club licences in reproducing their kits).

And when you're a millionaire, join the Killie board and work alongside Billy Bowie :)

* Excepting Sevco of course as a club with so little legitimate history could have its kits drawn on a couple of sheets of bog roll.

Edited by Jon
Forgot to insult The Rangers

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Quite seriously, I think you have a great business idea there, probably better than you realise.

Erm, thanks?

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Mock up the Kilmarnock one, but approach a publisher with the idea to cover every club. (They would be able to check the one glitch: that you are not transgressing any club licences in reproducing their kits).

I plan on spending 2 years minimum on this project. I don't think anyone has enough time to cover every club in as much detail as I plan to. There are other great books out there that cover other individual clubs. True Colours 1, 2 & International are a great set of books that cover multiple clubs. I know the author John put an absolute s**t load of time and effort in to them.

4 hours ago, CB said:

So, the y-fronts should be on top of the shorts then?

Alan Power only has one sock - that's superhero enough!

@LroyYou should do some prints or posters of the kits in a collage, arranged by the decade or whatever. With a classic picture from the year of the kit in the background of the individual square.

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Alan Power only has one sock - that's superhero enough!

@LroyYou should do some prints or posters of the kits in a collage, arranged by the decade or whatever. With a classic picture from the year of the kit in the background of the individual square.

Alan power is so good he can kill two stones with one bird.

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Alan power is so good he can kill two stones with one bird.

In the old biblical times, when Alan Power's ancestors sought out a living equivalent to thatof KFC kit man, I heard one sock footed an army of 5 thousand.

There's a good Eastr story - I should go buy a reduced priced egg and a yorkie mug in the supermarket.

1 hour ago, RAG said:

In the old biblical times, when Alan Power's ancestors sought out a living equivalent to thatof KFC kit man, I heard one sock footed an army of 5 thousand.

There's a good Eastr story - I should go buy a reduced priced egg and a yorkie mug in the supermarket.

Alan power is so hard that Chuck Norris calls him for backup