Indyref2

Shropshire_killie

13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

This will not end well and I can unfortunately see people on the streets as London tries to do what it did in India,  ireland, etc. And ignore then control by force.  This is not a union its colonialism.

Depending upon how the Eton Cretin miss-manages the situation, there's that possibility.

See when folks Say Scotland is hopeless and canny manage and GERS is accurate and not rigged in anyway.  Show them this and point out the massive duplicity and lies of the UK government when it comes to Sxotlands finances (remember this is all from Scotland's sector of the north sea).

That's 3 x the reported GERS deficit in ONE year, and not a great year,  who is it that need who again???

FB_IMG_1579290502338.jpg

Edited by Beaker71

57 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

See when folks Say Scotland is hopeless and canny manage and GERS is accurate and not rigged in anyway.  

Who say "Scotland canny manage"? I want to know why it would be any better?

Right now the message from our lords and masters seems to be we are not entitled to choose.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Who say "Scotland canny manage"? I want to know why it would be any better?

Right now the message from our lords and masters seems to be we are not entitled to choose.

About your usual show us hownitll be better while totally ignoring the 30 billion financial reporting fraud which means wed have had using GERS as a starter a 17Billion surplus to invest, and thays before we stop paying for trident, london crossrail, their sewers and HS2 ffs.

I told you Nicola was struggling to the kangaroos inside the paddock. Apparently Alex Neil is now calling for an un-official referendum because BoJo said No to an official one. 

Maybe this is BoJos strategy to keep the downward pressure on and hope the SNP just self destructs as the bats**t fundamentalists start forming "RealSNP" splinter groups.

Mr Neil is not helping the independence cause, one bit.

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I told you Nicola was struggling to the kangaroos inside the paddock. Apparently Alex Neil is now calling for an un-official referendum because BoJo said No to an official one. 

Maybe this is BoJos strategy to keep the downward pressure on and hope the SNP just self destructs as the bats**t fundamentalists start forming "RealSNP" splinter groups.

Totally agree,an unofficial referendum is of no use at all. It wont give an accurate account of what the people of Scotland think 

14 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I hope that's Boris's plan. It's a losing plan. 

"RealSNP"? Geez peace! 

15 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Honeslty are you actually McLean,  your ramblings on this get worse with every passing day.  Even the idea that the SNP (which I case we haven't told you enough isnt the independence movement or its political arm) and Scotland is equitable to northern Ireland is as insulting as it is ludicrous.

You need a long lie down, but inky after you've given yourself a thorough talking to for talking utter nonsense.

19 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I told you Nicola was struggling to the kangaroos inside the paddock. Apparently Alex Neil is now calling for an un-official referendum because BoJo said No to an official one

That is completely wrong and not what Alex Neil said.  Neil called for a legal consultative referendum. Not an unofficial unconstitutional referendum like in Catalonia. The BRexit referendum was consultive - not legally binding like the Scottish 2014 referendum.  The Tories say the result of the consultive Brexit referendum must be respected as if it were legally binding. Therein lies the blatant hypocrisy Alex Neil was seeking to highlight.  
In addition;  theres not a single example in history of a country that gained indepdanace from WM through a legally binding referendum. Each and every succesful indy vote in the colonies was consultive. The only time in history WM agreed to a legally binding indy vote was in 2014. 

Edited by RAG

6 hours ago, undefined said:

"RealSNP"? Geez peace! 

There are tensions within the SNP with some members groups quite angry that the leadership, in particular Nicola Sturgeon, is simply just not radical enough. I think Alex Neil speaks for a small number of very energised people who will not do the independence movement any good in the long term. 

2 hours ago, RAG said:

Neil called for a legal consultative referendum.

It is not at all clear that such a referendum whether labelled consultative or not would be considered legal by the UK government. I'm not suggesting BoJo would follow the Spanish template but it is not a path Nicola Sturgeon wants to follow.

I take your point about the lack of any binding legality in the EU referendum but the politics of rampant nationalism seemed to trump everything there. 

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It is not at all clear that such a referendum whether labelled consultative or not would be considered legal by the UK government. 

Neil’s whole point was it would already have been decided (in court being only place) as to the legality of it.

Plenty examples of legal referendums from WM control that were consultive, never agreed to by WM and subsequently ratified at UN.  All were declared valid if done properly, within international law and fair.

Is also no question if it’s considered ‘illegal’ as per the Catalonia situation - where the referendum was held directly against sections of the written  Spanish constitution- indyref2 will not happen. 
But semi-autonomous regions of Spain are not directly comparable with ancient nation states.  
Which as the Brexit referendum proved (from ERM crash in ‘92 to ‘16 winning of referendum by ERG), countries cannot be held long term in political unions against their will. 

Tories can’t have it both ways - or can they?

Edited by RAG
Missed a couple of words with some poor typing!

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

There are tensions within the SNP with some members groups quite angry that the leadership, in particular Nicola Sturgeon, is simply just not radical enough. I think Alex Neil speaks for a small number of very energised people who will not do the independence movement any good in the long term. 

There are tensions in every political party, but again to try and justify your frankly ludicrous assertion that the SNP could splinter into some kind of pseudo paramilitary organisation,  is ridiculous.  Ffs admit you've had a mare.

I see the real snakes in the grass (Labour) have rolled out their so called big guns again today.

The arsehole gordon brown stating that a radical federal solution is required for the whole UK, regions and nations.... (so more of the same pish he spouted in 2014 and at the same time giving Essex the same status as f**king Scotland!).

Quickly followed by George Foulkes (someone take the alcohol off him), who proclaimed he had been fighting for this for years and years, and that the real problem with the constitutional situation is the democratic deficit in....... England!!!!!

You literally could to make the s**t these.two spout up.  A nation which literally gets what it votes for every single time is apparently suffering a democratic deficit. 

14 hours ago, RAG said:

Which as the Brexit referendum proved (from ERM crash in ‘92 to ‘16 winning of referendum by ERG), countries cannot be held long term in political unions against their will. 

Tories can’t have it both ways - or can they?

I think you'll find they intend to have a bloody good go at it.

14 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

There are tensions in every political party, but again to try and justify your frankly ludicrous assertion that the SNP could splinter into some kind of pseudo paramilitary organisation,  is ridiculous.  Ffs admit you've had a mare.

Who mentioned "paramilitary". I was simply trying o point out that the SNP's strength lies in their ability to keep everybody together. In general there is a good amount of support for an independent Scotland. There is a lot less support for the ideological zealots who are desperate to get right in the face of Westminster.  

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I think you'll find they intend to have a bloody good go at it.

Of course the Tories will ‘have their cake and eat it’ or ‘cherry pick’. Maybe even shut down parliament and with it the democratic process if required.  The Tories could even lose 14-0, have not a single judge in Scottish or UK supreme courts back their position and folk will still defend BoJO’s right to again ‘stymie’ the democratic process.

Scotlands not gonna return to the ‘glory days’ of Thatcher and everyone reading the Daily Record. A strongly worded editorial and a pledge to vote Labour next time ain’t gonna do it against these Tories. Folk en mass aren’t gonna vote for this Tory gov, aside from the 30% right wing, orange walk, sevco element they already count as core support. Lib Dems ? Come on, we leave the EU in 10 days man.

If ever there was a busted flush in politics, its scottish pro eu no voters like yourself this Tory administration has **** on.

tick tock mate, you’ve 10 days left as an eu citizen. 

Edited by RAG