Indyref2

Shropshire_killie

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

I think the EU were fairly clear on this. Despite Salmond's obfuscation, particularly with Spain twisting their arm.

No I think the statements were wholly politically driven through pressure from the UK and Spain.  As I said in practise I beleive the situation would be wholly different.

You cling to this like a lot of unionists do, but it's irrelevant as weve been ignored, lied to and screwed over since then.

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

No I think the statements were wholly politically driven through pressure from the UK and Spain.  As I said in practise I beleive the situation would be wholly different.

Is that cos in late 2018 Spain said this?!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-spain-politics-scotland/spain-would-not-oppose-future-independent-scotland-rejoining-eu-minister-idUKKCN1NP25P

12 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Stop being disgusted and try to get more support for your position.

For some they will NEVER support or even listen, they are too far indoctrined into the too wee, you canny cos Scots are s**te at everything and youd be eaging your own feet if it wasnt for the union pish.

Dome may listen  but they need to want to listen.  The mountain we have to face is the sheer volume of propaganda and bulls**t passed of as fact.  GERS being one, the tory we would leave Scotlsnf if you became independent lot as well.

For me I would hold these companys to that statement and see how they get on with no staff, no equipment, no f**king clue.  The likes of Mackies up in rothienorman,  how are they going to li e their dairy and manufacturing business let alone their herds etc.    Its utter scaremongering s**te.  But the elderly in particular lap it up.  I blame the likes of Labour in particular, they lied to and threatened this group of people abysmally in 2014, they will never be forgiven for this.

Edited by Beaker71

From PMQs:

Johnson claims plan to let Scotland decide its own immigration policy 'fanciful and deranged'

Boris Johnson claimed that the Scottish government’s plan for Edinburgh to be able to decide immigration policy for Scotland was “fanciful and deranged”. This is what he said when asked Ian Blackford, the SNP’s leader at Westminster, asked about this at PMQs. Johnson said:

I think the idea of having a Scottish-only visa with a border at Berwick and ... inspection posts, I think this is absolutely fanciful and deranged.

Blackford replied:

Nobody’s suggesting such a thing and that just confirms the prime minister doesn’t have a clue. Unlike the prime minister, experts back the Scottish government’s proposals.

The Scottish government’s proposals will boost Scotland’s population, grow our economy and protect public services.

The UK’s government’s policies threaten to plunge our working age population into decline.

We were told we would have the most powerful devolved parliament in the world, we were told we would be an equal partner in the family of nations. Will the prime minister now read the Scottish Government’s proposal, listen to the evidence and deliver a tailored migration policy for Scotland?

48 minutes ago, RAG said:

Interestingly, in the Australian ‘points based’ immigration system, states have their own immigration policies. You might get an Aussie visa to work in New South Wales, but you wont be eligible to work in Queensland. 

Not that the UK media would explain this while parroting BoJo’s BS. 

Perhaps that’s what Johnson means by an Australian system , different areas of the U.K. will have different criteria ? 

That would be the de riguer of democracy as far as I see it , whether he would be intelligent enough to allow it is a different matter .

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

Perhaps that’s what Johnson means by an Australian system , different areas of the U.K. will have different criteria ? 

from his comments today, clearly not. that sort of idea is fanciful and deranged. 

yet the Australian immigration system is being held up as their model as to how things should be done. 

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

Doesn’t stack up IMO, given what BJ was saying at PMQ’s and the speedy rejection of Sturgeons request yesterday within 2 hours. Most Tories wouldnt bother spending 5 mins on google researching what the Aussie system actually entails!

11 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Johnson said; I think the idea of having a Scottish-only visa with a border at Berwick and ... inspection posts, I think this is absolutely fanciful and deranged.

Bizarre stick to beat the SNP with, when the UK has just erected 27 borders with our nearest neighbours. Some brass neck those Tories - wonder how many borders and inspection posts there are between Australian states with differing immigration policies?

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Many may listen  but they need to want to listen.  The mountain we have to face is the sheer volume of propaganda and bulls**t passed of as fact.  GERS being one, the tory we would leave Scotlsnf if you became independent lot as well.

Fixed that for you. :)

Can somebody explain?

1) Holyrood has just had another vote in favour of holding an independence referendum later this year.
2) Nicola sturgeon has said there will not be an independence referendum without agreement from Westminster.
3) BoJo has pointed out that Hell will freeze over long before he ever give any agreement for said referendum.
4) this has been affirmed by Alistair Jack the Scottish secretary.

Is
1) Nicola just wasting Parliamentary time to avoid discussing the SNP's crap record on education?
2) Nicola secretly planning to hold a non-consensual referendum?
3) There something else I have not thought of?

43 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Hahahahaha

His SNP opponent for the constituency was Corri Wilson , who’s spending record was shocking to say the least . That’s the best Ayr and Carrick could come up with I’m afraid . Your maiden speech must be daunting right enough but that’s embarrassing, wonder if Mr Wilson at the Ayrshire Post will comment ? 

38 minutes ago, RAG said:

The biggest Yes advantage is that those who did not vote last time break overwhelmingly in their favour.

I keep telling Beaker to stop complaining about all the "coffin dodgers" voting NO and just encourage more people who have not voted in the past to get of their arses and drag themselves round to the poling station. 

46 minutes ago, RAG said:

After everything that’s happened, they squeak a tiny lead, excluding don’t knows,  in one poll. Wow!!

Edited by Mclean07

Just now, Mclean07 said:

After everything that’s happened, they squeak a tiny lead, excluding don’t knows,  in one poll. Wow!!

I’d argue nothing tangible has happened!  Brexit gets done tomorrow and we can at least move on from the June 2016 position.

8 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The biggest Yes advantage is that those who did not vote last time break overwhelmingly in their favour.

Could swing either way with amount of No + Remain voters, now in the Don't Know camp.  Anything under 3% is within margin of error, so 51-49 is still neck and neck. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The fact that it has crept over some magical threshold, well within the measurement error( a bit like the Brexit vote) is of little real consequence. I believe the threshold should be well over 50% for any vote for change.

I am still quite surprised that support has remained dormant in the face of the of the Westmister government ignoring any input from Holyrood on Brexit. 

Nevertheless it is impossible for Tory politicians to deny that independence has "substantial" support.

By the time another General election comes about the Tories will have been in power nearly 15 years and yet we still wait for the UK Labour party to come to our rescue. Not going to happen any day soon. The Independence movement needs to change people's minds through debate and show that continuing Tory Governments are not the answer. 

50 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

By the time another General election comes about the Tories will have been in power nearly 15 years and yet we still wait for the UK Labour party to come to our rescue. Not going to happen any day soon. The Independence movement needs to change people's minds through debate and show that continuing Tory Governments are not the answer. 

I think there are a few very sheltered orivelsfed individuals in Scotland who actually like the Tiries being in power. The rest think the Tories canny stay in power for ever. They can.

20 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Hahahahaha

Have you listened to Richard Leonard speak?  Here is his latest schooling from Scotlands FM:

19 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

His SNP opponent for the constituency was Corri Wilson , who’s spending record was shocking to say the least . That’s the best Ayr and Carrick could come up with I’m afraid . Your maiden speech must be daunting right enough but that’s embarrassing, wonder if Mr Wilson at the Ayrshire Post will comment ? 

The guy just elected to become PM has made a career out of bumbling and mumbling his way through speeches. 

In Allan Dorans case, he's acknowledged this lapse and explained that his speech was cut, with no time to prepare/amend.  What's Boris's excuse?

Here is the link to my Maiden Speech in the HoC today.Immediately before I started to speak, the Speaker reduced my speaking time from 10 minutes to 7 minutes. That is the reason for the slight lapse about half way in when I had to decide what to include and what to leave out and lost about 20 seconds speaking time!

https://youtu.be/biTzVBseXVU

Edited by undefined