Liam Millar

Ayrshire Killie

Two thoughts about this debate. First  as for doing a Motherwell less than two years ago we'd have dreamed of lower mid table especially with a crop of promising youngsters. Second it's not about our youngsters being good enough it's about them potentially being good enough and getting that potential out of them.

I still think that Wilson and a fully fit Kiltie have it in them. 

On 4/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, Beaker71 said:

There needs to be a balance, bUt ONLY when the youngster is good enough to merit a place in the side and are better then than what we can bring in for the same kind of money.

In the past we have been 'forced' into playing youngsters because the money wasn't there for enough good experienced players ... what cash we did have was spunked on wasters by AJ, Locke & Clark.

4 years ago Cameron would have been on the bench every week and getting 15mins if he was lucky ... now he's been out getting toughened up and playing every week and will come back a better player for it.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, Bullitt said:

I’m led to believe we have already started making moves to have him here next season also. 

HE needs to make an impact before the FIFA rules change in 2020/21 limiting loans out from all clubs to 6 or 7 maximum.

Next seasons a big one for all younger EPL players - could be a fire sale at next seasons end as promising players in the B or C teams get offloaded.

There was a comment in one of the papers today from Millar something along the lines of “at the moment I’m not here next season”. I wondered if he was open to staying, we are in talks about him staying or if I’m just reading too much into it. 

Edited by piffer

In the paper today saying " l would be open to coming back next season, of course you want to be playing ever week but the gaffer has told me to be patient and my chance will come to show what I can do, hopefully I did on Saturday, this is a great club and I would love to come back". Sounds as if he would be open to a return if a deal can be sorted.

As I posted elsewhere, I am concerned that the huns start their old 70’s/80’s philosophy of buying(loaning) in players purely to stop them from starring with their competitors, if there is one person that could swing Millars’ decisions it would be Gerrard. I hope I am wrong but wouldn’t be surprised to see their interest rise just before the final game of the season.

19 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

In the paper today saying " l would be open to coming back next season, of course you want to be playing ever week but the gaffer has told me to be patient and my chance will come to show what I can do, hopefully I did on Saturday, this is a great club and I would love to come back". Sounds as if he would be open to a return if a deal can be sorted.

HEADLINE : "Kid Goals in Come & Get me Gers plea"

41 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

As I posted elsewhere, I am concerned that the huns start their old 70’s/80’s philosophy of buying(loaning) in players purely to stop them from starring with their competitors, if there is one person that could swing Millars’ decisions it would be Gerrard. I hope I am wrong but wouldn’t be surprised to see their interest rise just before the final game of the season.

He wants football though. They have huge financial obligations in relation to several strikers already.

Maybe it is just an article quoting a young player who has enjoyed and benefitted from working and learning at a club, with a good team and manager, and that he is happy to come back to next year and continue to improve as a player.

We can leave the paranoid stuff with the old-firm and I'm just encouraged he is saying stuff like this about us.

20 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Maybe it is just an article quoting a young player who has enjoyed and benefitted from working and learning at a club, with a good team and manager, and that he is happy to come back to next year and continue to improve as a player.

We can leave the paranoid stuff with the old-firm and I'm just encouraged he is saying stuff like this about us.

Agreed.

Some of the paranoid s**te talk I've read on this forum and on Killie facebook pages of late would make event he most paranoid old filth fan blush.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed.

Some of the paranoid s**te talk I've read on this forum and on Killie facebook pages of late would make event he most paranoid old filth fan blush.

Aye. It's getting embarrassing. The s**te about the PFA awards being rigged topped it off for me.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed.

totally agree --

but do hope its mostly the same few posters who seem to like to copy and paste same kind of inane comments on most threads

as for the player you do hope his time at our Club has worked well for him and if given the chance again he might return or even that other young players will be loaned to us from his club in future 

--- think his main aim is to go back and take part in pre season plans and see what happens--- at his age he needs to be playing at a more regular first team basis in the next season or 2

Edited by Scouser2

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Just wanted to take a minute and say big thanks on behalf of Liam Millar to all the amazing Killie fans, players and coaches. 

He has had a fantastic time at killie and learned and grew so much as a player. He told me how fond he was of Kilmarnock and the reception he  got from the fans he really felt part of the family and said he will always remember his time here and his first goal.

He said he couldn't have asked for a better first loan...

not sure we’ll he will end up in the fall that’s up to LFC but Kilmarnock will always have a fond place in his heart!! 

On a personal note. I went to every game he played in since he was on loan travelling up from Liverpool every weekend and have to say it was brilliant and whenever anyone heard my accent they were always supportive complimentary and amazing!! 

A great club and even better fans!! Best of luck in Europe !

mon the Killie!!!

Shame we didn't see more of him, probably hadn't even heard of us before the move but you could see he gave his all for the club, will make it big one day absolutely no doubt. Would love to see him back next season but if not good luck to him regardless

Edited by Killie lad