Aaron Tshibola

skygod

Just came across this although it's dated 11 January:

Aaron Tshibola may not be offered a second chance in the Championship with Aston Villa and a move to Serie A could be on the cards.

Steve Bruce may no longer be the Aston Villa manager, but that does not mean Aaron Tshibola will be given a chance to salvage his career with the Birmingham club.

Since arriving from Reading for £5 million in the summer of 2016 (TEAMtalk), Tshibola has not come close to securing a regular first-team place at Villa Park. He has made just five Championship starts for the Villains and spent time on loan at Nottingham Forest, MK Dons and Kilmarnock.

According to reports in Italy, Villa are now ready to make a substantial loss on the seldom-seen 24-year-old.

Calciomercato claims that the side now managed by Dean Smith have offered Tshibola to a number of Serie A clubs.

Villa are willing to let him leave on loan with an option to buy, in a deal that could add up to around £2.8 million.

It has not yet been revealed which clubs would be interested in signing Tshibola, but it is understood that there are some top Italian teams who are willing to offer the midfielder a fresh start after a difficult couple of years.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/11/do-report-aston-villa-offer-aaron-tshibola-to-italian-clubs-in-c/

A loan with an option to buy doesn't make sense as he will be a free agent at the end of next season.

Edited by skygod

26 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

He’s has played well in patches, but overall he’s not up to the standard you would certainly expect from a £5m player. Thank him for his contribution but would not want him at ToP next season. Surely big Shug is a better bet in that position - for one thing he is not lackadaisical like Tish. 

I don’t think he’s ever been a true five million player. He’s another victim of an over inflated English market in that he’s badged as something because of the money clubs are willing to throw around

Edited by piffer

58 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t think he’s ever been a true five million player. He’s another victim of an over inflated English market in that he’s badged as something because of the money clubs are willing to throw around

Kind of agree mate. Had he been a Villa youth that we had on loan and had turned in the same kind of performances I think we would all have cut him a degree of slack. The price tag increased all our expectations. 

I think he’s looked pretty decent in a two man midfield, but in a three he looks lost, almost like he doesn’t know what role he should be doing. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

I was very critical of him but he has improved a lot in recent months and could do a job for us.

However, I think there is absolutely no chance of him being here next season. There will be many clubs who will be prepared to sign him and offer him substantially higher wages than we will.  

I would be astounded if he got another English Championship gig or similar level elsewhere. He perhaps has the technical ability but we rarely see it.

Then again, Tope got a gig at Sochaux so if he’s got a good agent you never know.

43 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I would be astounded if he got another English Championship gig or similar level elsewhere. He perhaps has the technical ability but we rarely see it.

Then again, Tope got a gig at Sochaux so if he’s got a good agent you never know.

Sochaux are fighting relegation in Ligue 2 and barely get better crowds than we do. He could be playing part-time next season as well as the LFP have the ability to force clubs dropping to the Championnat National to lose their pro status. He's a garbage player playing at a garbage level. Tish can play at a better level than Killie and I think his style of play would suit Italy quite well. Could see him doing will at a lower Serie A/top Serie B side.

17 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Sochaux are fighting relegation in Ligue 2 and barely get better crowds than we do. He could be playing part-time next season as well as the LFP have the ability to force clubs dropping to the Championnat National to lose their pro status. He's a garbage player playing at a garbage level. Tish can play at a better level than Killie and I think his style of play would suit Italy quite well. Could see him doing will at a lower Serie A/top Serie B side.

Ligue 2 is a good level.

Tope’s not garbage: that’s incredibly harsh. As I said, he probably has a good agent to get a good club like that; I felt he was a bottom of SPL player.

I don’t think Tshibola can - or will - play at a higher level than top half SPL next season but would be happy to admit I’m wrong as and when. It’s just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Ligue 2 is a good level.

Is it? Can't say I watch much but the teams in the bottom half of Ligue 1 would struggle to get promoted from the English Championship. There's no way that Ligue 2 is of a much higher standard than the Premiership in Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Tope’s not garbage: that’s incredibly harsh. As I said, he probably has a good agent to get a good club like that; I felt he was a bottom of SPL player.

I disagree. He's quick but that's about it. His first touch for a professional footballer is shocking.

6 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I don’t think Tshibola can - or will - play at a higher level than top half SPL next season but would be happy to admit I’m wrong as and when. It’s just my opinion.

Just my opinion, but I completely disagree. Tish is unfairly criticised IMO because of his apparent lackadaisical style but he's got a broad range of attributes that make him a more than decent footballer in the modern era. He's athletic, strong, a decent passer, a good first touch and, most importantly if he's to move to Italy, he's very tactically sound and in the big games has delivered for us more often than not.

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Is it? Can't say I watch much but the teams in the bottom half of Ligue 1 would struggle to get promoted from the English Championship. There's no way that Ligue 2 is of a much higher standard than the Premiership in Scotland. 

I disagree. He's quick but that's about it. His first touch for a professional footballer is shocking.

Just my opinion, but I completely disagree. Tish is unfairly criticised IMO because of his apparent lackadaisical style but he's got a broad range of attributes that make him a more than decent footballer in the modern era. He's athletic, strong, a decent passer, a good first touch and, most importantly if he's to move to Italy, he's very tactically sound and in the big games has delivered for us more often than not.

I like Tish - when he turns up. He just doesn’t perform anywhere near often enough. I can only think of a handful of good games he’s had and I was surprised SC went with him over Wilson.

Time will tell re his next club. For me, thanks to him for the effort but Wilson will be an improvement to the squad.

I think Tshibola is a better player than Tope was but both suffer from a real lack of consistency. Tish has it in him to completely boss a game as he has shown on a few occasions in the last 18months but it doesn’t happen often enough. IMO Tope had all the attributes to be a success in Scotland and probably play at a higher level. He had pace, power, height, finishing, could go by a man. The problem was he usually only brought one out per game if we were lucky. 

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think Tshibola is a better player than Tope was but both suffer from a real lack of consistency. Tish has it in him to completely boss a game as he has shown on a few occasions in the last 18months but it doesn’t happen often enough. IMO Tope had all the attributes to be a success in Scotland and probably play at a higher level. He had pace, power, height, finishing, could go by a man. The problem was he usually only brought one out per game if we were lucky. 

He often went past his man but the only problem was that "Obi Wan Kenobe", as an old boy next to me called him, usually forgot to take the ball with him!

3 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Saying that Tshibola is "tactically sound" is just absolute nonsense jargon.

He is f**king hopeless at tracking players and doing his job most of the time so christ knows how he can be classed as tactically sound.

6 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

The fact he's currently the target of the boo boys shows how good we are right now. He isn't amazing, but there's no way he deserves the abuse he gets when you look at past players who were also targets

I don’t hear the abuse. A few shouts from the stand asking him to try harder and a few comments on here about laziness doesn’t qualify in my opinion.