hearts away, Fred

CB

Thought we were the better side for three quarters of the match. First half, during which time we should have been ahead, and the last 20-25 mins. Ironically the only sustained period Hearts had was after Ikpeazu went off injured, which forced them into playing the ball more om the deck and through the middle rather than hoofing it. SC then moved us further up the park with SOD and Taylor getting out and providing the width, with Dicker and Power also pushing further up and restricting their midfield. Yet again a tactical masterclass from SC and AD which led to the deserved winner. Millar made some excellent runs throughout and caused them a lot of problems with his pace, just the final ball at times. Bruce solid again, and made a great recovery to save us in the first half.

Cant see Hibs getting anything more than a draw at Ibrox (at best), 4th is in the bag, with a very good chance of 3rd as we have every opportunity now to go on and win the last 2 games.

Magnificent day all round, brilliant support again, solid performance, SC pulling the strings again, and we're on our way...

Edited by Jedi2

6 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Not the greatest performance but a fantastic win! Thought young Millar was very poor. Plus we really need a striker in the summer. Brophy has been very very average since Stewart left. That goal against rangers but apart from that I don't remember much apart from works very hard. Which I appreciate is more than we get from Boyd but it's not enough if we seriously want to challenge the old firm like we did until Xmas

f**k off you total prick --- not even at the game you s**tehouse fyck off

7 hours ago, skygod said:

Remember when we lost at Livingston? It was on 23 February.

Since then, we've conceded three league goals in nine matches.

Phenomenal!

Two of those were headers, one where we were down to ten men and the other when Tish was daydreaming.

SPL sides can’t break us down. 

10 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

f**k off you total prick --- not even at the game you s**tehouse fyck off

Not all of us have jobs that suit roundabout the football. Didn't mean I didn't see the full 90 minutes but thanks for your excellent response. Which part do you disagree with then? Okay Brophy has had injuries but one goal since December and none since January? The fact the Millar was excellent last week against Celtic but was poor this week? I'm not saying either are bad players and this is the best season I've ever known, but if we really want to go one further a lone striker has to be scoring more goals

5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Not all of us have jobs that suit roundabout the football. Didn't mean I didn't see the full 90 minutes but thanks for your excellent response. Which part do you disagree with then? Okay Brophy has had injuries but one goal since December and none since January? The fact the Millar was excellent last week against Celtic but was poor this week? I'm not saying either are bad players and this is the best season I've ever known, but if we really want to go one further a lone striker has to be scoring more goals

I don't think that he's back to full fitness yet and he needs a goal to get his confidence up. He was unfortunate not to score yesterday. 

If we have Eamonn Brophy as our main striker again next season I'll be delighted. 

Edited by fraz65

1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

Brophy scored against Rangers in January.

I don't think that he's back to full fitness yet and he needs a goal to get his confidence up. He was unfortunate not to score yesterday. 

If we have Eamonn Brophy as our main striker again next season I'll be delighted. 

Yeah that's what I mean by one since December and none since January.

i think the lad has talent and I'd be delighted to have him as our main striker too, but only if we have a Greg Stewart type roundabout him. 

9 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Yeah that's what I mean by one since December and none since January.

i think the lad has talent and I'd be delighted to have him as our main striker too, but only if we have a Greg Stewart type roundabout him. 

We definitely miss GS. I think we'd be pushing Rangers for second if he'd stayed but we'll never know. 

53 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Not been good against big defenders in a central role. Much better coming in from wide areas. We need a more robust main striker. 

20 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Not the greatest performance but a fantastic win! Thought young Millar was very poor. Plus we really need a striker in the summer. Brophy has been very very average since Stewart left. That goal against rangers but apart from that I don't remember much apart from works very hard. Which I appreciate is more than we get from Boyd but it's not enough if we seriously want to challenge the old firm like we did until Xmas

You must watch a different side to me mate. Brophy up top allows us to press as a team, the modern game striker isn't just about goals, although he is in double figures this season. Liam Millar yesterday worked his socks off and set up brophy who was unlucky and hit the post, so to day he was very poor is just crazy. 

12 minutes ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

You must watch a different side to me mate. Brophy up top allows us to press as a team, the modern game striker isn't just about goals, although he is in double figures this season. Liam Millar yesterday worked his socks off and set up brophy who was unlucky and hit the post, so to day he was very poor is just crazy. 

He’s been really good since Christmas - when he’s played.

Doing a different role with a lot more running. Could well have had goals in each of last three games.

A real asset and lots of potential.

20 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Im just glad to see Brophy getting through a full game.

Hes been unlucky with injuries and the woodwork seems to be having a vendetta against him. Certainly hit the post twice , yesterday and St Mirren away.

However I was tearing my hair out the number of times we hit aerial balls to him yesterday.

If youre going to do that it needs to be behind the defence, not in the hope that Brophy is somehow going to out jump a centre half the size of Berra. 

Also didnt think Millar was poor. Every time he got the ball it looked like he could create something. a hundred times the player Jordan Jones is.

Edited by stewarty66

Lone striker can be a thankless task at times. Brophy sticks to it. Yes he hasn’t scored in a while but he’s been the width of the post away from it on a few occasions. He runs himself into the ground for the team and despite conceding the height advantage CBs know they’re in for a battle when they are up against him. 

1 hour ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

This. If we had more goals coming from our wingers/midfield whilst Brophy was doing what you’ve just mentioned then his performances wouldn’t be questioned. When we struggle to score goals the striker is an easy target. We are seeing pressing strikers more and more. Firmino being the best at it. He only has 11 goals this season but without his pressing Liverpool struggle. The wingers have 42 goals between them. Just as an example. 

Clearly we need at least one more forward next season and probably two to share the burden/provide cover etc. 

In an injury free season Brophy could be a 15-20 goals man but, even then,  we need others to contribute more in the goal scoring stakes if we are to continue making progress.

Any improvement on this season would be incredible but for me the way to do it is to get more forward options.