Huns next week

Squirrelhumper

Don’t remember ever looking forward to a game against one of that pair as much in a long time. I really hope the Killie public turn up to back the teambut even if they don’t weve had special days against them recently without the crowd and will again.

As said on another thread, if we don't get at least 8000 home fans on Sunday it's pretty s**te. If and when we do I expect plenty of calls into Superscoreboard to celebrate our finishing of third and to get it up Dalziel, Hannah and Keevins - all of whom said that they'd be shocked if the crowd in total was 10k and that Killie would regret their decision. See you next Tuesdays.

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

As said on another thread, if we don't get at least 8000 home fans on Sunday it's pretty s**te. If and when we do I expect plenty of calls into Superscoreboard to celebrate our finishing of third and to get it up Dalziel, Hannah and Keevins - all of whom said that they'd be shocked if the crowd in total was 10k and that Killie would regret their decision. See you next Tuesdays.

8000 home fans is not a realistic target in my opinion. We usually get about 3000 in the home end for these games. If we get 5000 that’s decent. 5900 in the home end today is an indication of our top end at the moment.

I’m not a ST and I’m going, bringing 2 but I feel a bit of realism is needed when setting the ‘s**te’ bar.

I couldn’t give one single f**k about Keevins, Sevco, Radio Clyde, the Daily Record, Andy Cameron, Chic Young, Colin Hendry or anyone else. Killie is our club and reacting to these clickbaters and Sevco sympathisers is pointless.

Just now, NorfolkG said:

8000 home fans is not a realistic target in my opinion. We usually get about 3000 in the home end for these games. If we get 5000 that’s decent. 5900 in the home end today is an indication of our top end at the moment.

I’m not a ST and I’m going, bringing 2 but I feel a bit of realism is needed when setting the ‘s**te’ bar.

8000 is very realistic. 6500 odd (at the least - the photos made it look like more) there today and next Sunday is the biggest game since the Falkirk play-off - and the most important game in a positive sense since 2012. To say an increase of 1500 on today for a massive game isn't likely seems strange and very negative. I stand by that it would be s**te if we didn't have 8000 for a game this big, especially given Bowie's gamble.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I couldn’t give one single f**k about Keevins, Sevco, Radio Clyde, the Daily Record, Andy Cameron, Chic Young, Colin Hendry or anyone else. Killie is our club and reacting to these clickbaters and Sevco sympathisers is pointless.

Getting it right up folk like that is part of the fun. A distant way behind how important it is for our supporters, but fun nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

8000 is very realistic. 6500 odd (at the least - the photos made it look like more) there today and next Sunday is the biggest game since the Falkirk play-off - and the most important game in a positive sense since 2012. To say an increase of 1500 on today for a massive game isn't likely seems strange and very negative. I stand by that it would be s**te if we didn't have 8000 for a game this big, especially given Bowie's gamble.

Getting it right up folk like that is part of the fun. A distant way behind how important it is for our supporters, but fun nonetheless. 

Fair enough, you feel it’s negative. I feel it’s realistic, perhaps pessimistic. It’s my guess based on previous crowds, the opponent, ticket cost, past crowd behaviour, etc. Yes it’s a very important game but that doesn’t dictate the size of the crowd.

I would be ecstatic with anywhere near 8000.

5900 today, I thought.

Not often I agree with Derek McInnes but he was right when he said he was surprised our game against them was the first one and not the last it would have been a better one to end with than the sevco circus we have but as has been said it should be up to the Killie fans to come along if possible and show support to our team,management and our board of directors for their fantastic efforts this season!!

Really hope the win today will have convinced anybody who was swithering to just go. It has the potential to be a proper “I was there” type game. Think we had about 7000 home fans at the Falkirk playoff game - will be really sad if we have less than that for a game like this where we have the chance to actually achieve something positive at the end of our best ever Premier league season. 

28 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

It's not about matching the tickets we could have sold to Rangers, ticket for ticket, on Sunday.

If you go down that road, you are walking right into the way of thinking that belongs in Follow Follow or (sadly) our mainstream media.

It's about setting the foundation for making a home game against the Old Firm, a home game. Enjoyable and with reduced threat of aggravation from them.

Much more important that people take up the excellent season ticket offers in the Moffat Stand for the season and increase crowds over the longer term.

Exactly as I see it. We need to increase our numbers like-for-like and not worry about the side issue of Sevco.

It seems daft but this will be the fourth meeting this season at RP (and three at Ibrox as well).

One win apiece and a draw so it will be tight. If we needed a draw, I'd say we were a cert, but we might need to win.

I think Hibs will get a result against Aberdeen but you can't count on that. It would have been an "ear to the tranny" day in years gone by!

Hope for mayhem at Ibrox tomorrow but they will surely have learnt their lesson. There's nothing but pride at stake anyway. I expect Broony will wind up Morelos anyway!

Edited by skygod