Sectarian s**te

23 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

why are you even watching it?

Er...because I’ve got a subscription.

Mainly because we’re playing the Orcs next week and hoped to see weaknesses in their game. Greater understanding of how SSC might tactically respond. Hoping that it was a red card fest etc etc 

Utterly depraved scumbags. That Lisbon Lions song really is lowest of the low, even more than the sectarian rubbish. Such bitter, miserable, angry creatures. Not a minority either - it was the majority in the stadium today, as it usually is. At least we’ll only have to put up with one stand of them next week.

Edited by killie89

25 minutes ago, skygod said:

Very brief mention on Sportscene, but Tom English called it out on Twitter.

I made the mistake of clicking on that tweet and reading some of the comments. The usual whataboutary from Rangers fans and utter outrage from the always innocent Celtic fans but some of the abuse aimed at English was shocking. He’s far from my favourite pundit but he’s paid to give an opinion. He made a very valid point and ends up subjected to the same abuse he highlighted. 

If I was the SFA I’d ask the broadcasters to highlight it everytime they turn the crowd noise down. There were numerous occasions today when it was obviously turned down but no acknowledgement of it. Yet a player misses a sitter and screams “f**k sake” and on some occasions they stop just short of issuing each viewer a written apology. 

The authorities will continue to do f**k all though. McInnes gets punished for the semi final but Celtic don’t. Rangers are at it today but nothing will come from it. No doubt SSC will get it next week and there will be the usual tension between Celtic and Hearts. All the while the blazers will have their heads buried in the sand.

The football authorities won't do anything so it's down to the politicians to draft legislation or to enforce any existing laws.

This isn't intended as a party political point but the FM sometimes comes across to me as being slightly pious in suggesting that Scotland is superior when it comes to race or other hate crimes.  

She can't be happy listening to huge numbers of citizens screaming abuse at one another about being Fenian or Orange bastards, not to mention the traditional songbooks which are rooted in Irish history. It's like the Troubles being acted out by proxy in the stadia of Glasgow.

The players won't act because it would be the kiss of death to their career at the club, and the managers seem reluctant to alienate the supports either.

In the absence of the clubs or authorities being prepared to act, I think it's time for the politicians to "man" up.

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, skygod said:

This isn't intended as a party political point but the FM sometimes comes across to me as being slightly pious in suggesting that Scotland is superior when it comes to race or other hate crimes.  

She can't be happy listening to huge numbers of citizens screaming abuse at one another about being Fenian or Orange bastards, not to mention the traditional songbooks which are rooted in Irish history. It's like the Troubles being acted out by proxy in the stadia of Glasgow.

The SNP introduced the flawed and now repealed OBFA specifically to deal with the sectarian problem.  

It was too widespread and unspecific in it's manner - possibly - but there hasn't half been an increase in Sectarian incidents in Scottish football since Labour MSP and naturally Celtic supporting politicians, started repealing Sturgeons own policies designed to combat the traditional songbooks you mention.

There was undeniably less bigotry last season - that's a direct result of Labour MSP's repealing the anti bigotry legislation intended for football  introduced by the SNP.

WE're not talking about Gazza playing the flute or the actions of a single individual, there's no sanction (unlike last season) so 20,000 are joining in.

Sturgeon and the SNP were so far ahead of the curve they were unpopular over the issue, yet it was a better situation than where we are now.

Edited by RAG

17 hours ago, Caldow said:

I don’t care. Not my circus - not my monkeys.

11 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

Exactly. Let them stew in their own filth . Don’t give them the oxygen of publicity, as someone much cleverer than me once said . 

We should all care  ...this is televised all over the world and paints us all in a terrible light.

Even Chuck D from Public Enemy called it out at the Hydro last nite and got boos for it ...

"f**kmiddle.gif.f93aff77e95fe1f4978eceef6eed34e9.gifbigotry"

Paraphrasing another famous quote, evil flourishes when good people do nothing.