Brownings offer staff free tickets for Rangers game

Squirrelhumper

7 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Brilliant. And might even win a few new fans.

This goes far beyond SC; this is a club showing a bit of vision and community spirit and the community starting to respond.

Long term project but very, very encouraging.

Well said.

Huge credit to Brownings, Fortress Security and others who are making big-hearted gestures like this.

I'm having a Kilmarnock pie from Aldis tomorrow to celebrate the news.

44 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't really see how this guarantees that Killie fans get these tickets. Would much rather see them sponsoring Killie fans who can't afford season-tickets.

Given that they work for them, then I'm pretty sure they are confident they are giving them to Killie fans.

And they are giving them to employees who maybe otherwise couldn't have afforded to take their families etc.

BTW - even if they sponsored tickets for Killie fans (which are they effectively doing) how do they guarantee they go to killie fans? The club can't even get a system to hold a database of fans.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't really see how this guarantees that Killie fans get these tickets. Would much rather see them sponsoring Killie fans who can't afford season-tickets.

If someone wants to come to RP to watch a game, that’s fine by me. Might even get us some new fans.

Does it matter if they are fans just now?

So long as they are in the Killie end, not wearing red, white and blue or their stupid bigoted orange, who cares?

90 mins of watching SC’s total football and being surrounded by classy fans like us and they’ll be following the juggernaut before they know what hit them!

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Given that they work for them, then I'm pretty sure they are confident they are giving them to Killie fans.

And they are giving them to employees who maybe otherwise couldn't have afforded to take their families etc.

BTW - even if they sponsored tickets for Killie fans (which are they effectively doing) how do they guarantee they go to killie fans? The club can't even get a system to hold a database of fans.

Good if that happens. Hippo seems to have a system in place for recommending Killie fans for free tickets, although we do need to get a registration system sorted out.