2019 Summer Transfer Window.

Did Birmingham not use a similar excuse when O’Connor got caught full of the Charlie?

Its a huge blow for the boy and Motherwell. They would have been able to do great things with that money. 

I see Rangers have finally signed Aribo from Charlton. 

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

Did Birmingham not use a similar excuse when O’Connor got caught full of the Charlie?

Its a huge blow for the boy and Motherwell. They would have been able to do great things with that money. 

I see Rangers have finally signed Aribo from Charlton. 

It's good news for us.

Motherwell would have been a force with £3 million behind them. 

As far as I'm aware there's minimal evidence for any preventative knee surgery. It's a strange one. 

5 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Signs for Utd over Hull 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-heading-dundee-united-17374441

Great signing for Utd must be going all out for automatic promotion 

You think so?  Personally the fact that he has signed for a team in the same league shows that most of us who thought he faltered to deceive were perhaps onto something.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Surprised at Wilson because he didn't live up to his reputation last season. 

Probably says much about both parties’ lack of ambition. 

Aberdeen really confuse me. I've not seen a game where May or Wilson has impressed me at all, but the Don's fans seem to like them and say they do a lot of good work... And Main dropped off a cliff last season. Maybe it's that thing of not actually seeing full games. I know old firm fans who say Clarke was anti football because they only ever watched us against them.

Wilson feels like a better the devil you know signing. Perhaps better sticking with what they know they can get with him than risk a dud? They look annoyingly strong. 

On 3 July 2019 at 7:04 PM, Beaker71 said:

You think so?  Personally the fact that he has signed for a team in the same league shows that most of us who thought he faltered to deceive were perhaps onto something.

Nothing to do with the £4K a week he is apparently on ?I think we might find out how good he is next season when he is playing against us .

Edited by Killiepies

• 2 weeks later...

COVE Rangers are delighted to confirm the signing of former Celtic, Kilmarnock and Dundee player Daniel Higgins.

The 21-year-old, whose versatility means he can play anywhere in defence or midfield, goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s Betfred League Cup clash with the Dark Blues at Balmoral Stadium.

Daniel played for manager Paul Hartley when he was the boss at Dens Park.

Paul said: “Daniel is a player I have the very highest regard for and he will be a huge asset to us.

“I handed him his first team debut against Hearts at Tynecastle and, even though he was still a young lad, Daniel was the man of the match.

“I brought him to Dundee from Celtic, so he’s had an excellent schooling in the game.

“Daniel also spent the last two years with Kilmarnock and played on loan at Airdrie and Stranraer last season, so has plenty of SPFL experience, despite the fact he’s still only 21.

“He is very comfortable on the ball and can perform at high levels in a variety of positions, which will be great with a squad as tight as ours is at the moment.

“Other clubs were interested in Daniel so I’m really pleased he has agreed to come to Cove Rangers and I am looking forward to working with him again.”

Daniel, who has agreed a one year deal with the club, was a youth player at Celtic before moving to Dundee in 2016. His first team debut followed in April 2017 against the Jam Tarts and Daniel went on to make four top team appearances for them before joining Kilmarnock in June of that year.

He made his debut for Killie in a 4-2 victory over Clyde in a Scottish League Cup tie the following month. Daniel spent part of last season on loan at Airdrie and Stranraer, making a combined total of 14 appearances.

Everyone at Cove Rangers would like to welcome Daniel to the club and wish him well in the coming season.

• 4 weeks later...