2019 Summer Transfer Window.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I see Charlie Mulgrew has joined Wigan on a season long loan. Great man to have in your squad for his versatility and free kick taking. 

Notice Craig Conway is still without a club since he left Blackburn too. Wonder if he fancies a trial with us? 

Edited by stewarty66

2 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

He was training with Bolton as I believe he wants to stay in England.

Definitely worth an approach. V similar player to Burke but on the left side

If his crossing is as good as Burkes than yep, with the wolf in the hole behind Miller through the middle.

Dickers and power in the midfield and a back 3 with SOD and GT wing back.

• 11 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:16 AM, skygod said:

There couldn't be a much bigger differential between promoted Norwich and Villa’s net spending: Villa highest overall at £144.5m, Norwich just £1.1m. 

I wonder which will be proved right. 

It looks like Norwich will be proved right as I think they'll both be relegated.

That would have helped but I think the whole squad was lacking.

They will pocket their TV money and the parachute payment, and sell a player or two, and strengthen in the Championship for another promotion push. It didn't pay off this time but at least they have a long-term strategy.

Whereas if/ when Villa go down they will be stuffed. Sell Grealish but there isn't much besides. 

Certainly before his injury, I think McGinn was starting to get noticed in England- Grealish was very enthusiastic about his ability in interviews and there was talk of Manchester Utd being interested in him.

I agree about Grealish being overrated but they seem to be obsessed with him in England- Talksport especially!

• 3 weeks later...

So Villa scraped it by the skin of their teeth!

Watford - I don't know that they were thinking of punting Pearson but it probably did them more harm than good.

Really unimpressed by Leicester City today. Passing the ball square and backwards in defence until they inevitably gave the ball away. Showed none of the spirit and style of the championship team and Rodgers looks to be taking them backwards. 

West Ham were crap too - how they escaped I don't know. Expect more of the same next season - moving to the London Stadium has really f**ked them.

Everton too. Going nowhere (except a new stadium). Bournemouth at least gave it a go in going down.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, DuncanEwart said:

Certainly before his injury, I think McGinn was starting to get noticed in England- Grealish was very enthusiastic about his ability in interviews and there was talk of Manchester Utd being interested in him.

I agree about Grealish being overrated but they seem to be obsessed with him in England- Talksport especially!

Grealish is an average mid table player in the EPL at best.